Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

SpaceFreak
What are the good and bad effects of anorexia?

Additional Details
Just adding this. And i disagree with yoo, i found loads of pro-ana sites. Thanks for the long lists, i have a twisted fear of odd things, and on of those fears is a fear of vomit, and vomiting, so if anorexia makes me get bugs easier, then im staying away from the scales for a bit. Thanks xD

soccermom
Its all bad if you or someone
have it get help.

ADDED-im not puting you down I used to have
that problem I was 96 pounds when I met my
husband and he very well mighta saved my life
Im 5.3 and a healthy happy 130 lbs now.
with 3 kids and I pray they never have
those problems.

Lorraine
There are no good effects.

misery
how can there be good effects?

a-mazed
It can cause you to live a shorter life than not having the affliction - people will brand you as a 'sickie' . . .
Now - those are two potential effects of this 'illness' -
Whether or not either is good or bad is for you to determine.

AnimeLover4444
I can't see any good effects of anorexia unless of course you want to die then you could call that a good effect but I wouldn't the bad effects is getting to thin and dying nothing good comes out of anorexia.

gotmilk
good:nothing

bad:u look so skinny that u look like an alien, bad health, and u will die

CynLinkus
Rating
I'm not sure if there are any positive effects of anorexia but I am definitely sure that there are plenty of negative ones! Anorexia is a result of other serious health problems, such as depression, poor self-esteem, moodiness, antisocialness, abdominal pains...and many other even more serious problems. Anorexia can lead to lethal complications and should be treated immediately. It really is no laughing matter. Some problems from anorexia include OCD, deterioration of relationships with family/friends, poor circulation, constipation....there are just too many to list off. Contact a professional as soon as possible if you know somebody with symptoms of such an issue. Best of luck.

CATHERINE M
Rating
there are no good effects just that you will feel tired, ill and have it take control of every part of your entire life and the only thing you will constantly think of and you will also experience insomnia

audreyhepcarmen
obviously the bad effects are the very hish risks of death and emaciation and the good may be that the victim recieves more attention from their friends family ect. and will be taken care of more carefuly which is one of the reasons people will choose to not eat, to gain attention but in conclusion there really are no good effects of anorexia

jbone907
there are only bad effects. Nothing good comes from anorexia. it's a serious disorder.

Casey
There are no good effects of anorexia. There are plenty of bad effects:
Physical effects of anorexia
In addition to the wide-ranging physical effects of anorexia the following can occur:

Hair loss
Lowered resistance to illness
Hypersensitivity to heat
Less need for sleep than normal eaters
Severe dehydration, which can result in kidney failure
Fatigue and overall weakness
In severe cases: heart trouble, low blood pressure, low heart rate, low body temperature, poor circulation, anemia, stunted growth, and even death

Emotional and behavioral effects of anorexia
In addition to the depression, irritability, and bad memory noted in Brain and Nerves in the diagram above, the following emotional and behavioral effects of anorexia can occur:

Difficulty in concentrating on anything else except weight
Isolation from family and friends
Emotional regression to a child-like state
Feelings of guilt
Dependence upon alcohol or drugs to handle the negative outlook

Professor Crazyass
Rating
well first off there is absolutely nothing positive or good from anorexia, i mean unless you like feeling like you're going to pass out any moment, and being hardly functional....oh not to mention, you could die. So the bad things....well, everything, you may lose weight fast, but you will gain it all back and then some if you haven't already died. so if you're in anyway considering that as an option, i think you should really talk to more people who have had that problem, because every single one of them will tell you the same thing.....its just not worth it.

katiegrace
nothing good comes from anorexia the bad is you get thin as a rail and get to the point where food scares you. you get weak your hair gets thin and dull and yoiur rarely happy. and when you eat again you get sick
http://www.thailabonline.com/diseasegeneral1/anorexia2.jpg

pussnboots333
There are no good effexts of anorexia. The bad ones include

Poor skin and hair
Loss of reproductive function (if you lose too much weight) you lose your period.
Always cold
Bone and muscle loss
Risk of heart failure
That wasting away appearance is just ghastly.
Any bones sticking out is just gross.
Death

♪♪Knowledge is Power♪♪
Rating
Here is a good article I found for you...

Last night I watched with interest a media insight into the world of eating disorders. Paula Zahn of CNN took an hour-long look at different types of eating disorders in men, women, and children in a segment entitled "Walking the Thin Line."

The story featured discussions with celebrities Jane Fonda and Jamie-Lynn DiScala about their personal battles with bulimia and how it affected not only their careers but every aspect of their lives. Jockey Shane Sellers provided a male perspective as he talked about what he called the "dark side of racing:" days without food, constant "flipping" or purging massive quantities of food, and hours in a sauna to sweat out pounds of fluid. The most dramatic account of all, and the most difficult one for me to watch, was that of a young girl who developed anorexia when she was just five years old.

Although the CNN segment did not highlight treatment options or early warning signs for eating disorders, it did focus on raising awareness: An eating disorder is a disease that does not discriminate. These disorders affect men, women, and children of all ages and from all walks of life.

According to the National Eating Disorders Association, more than 10 million women and more than 1 million men are dealing with an eating disorder such as anorexia or bulimia. Many more do not have a diagnosable eating disorder but suffer from problematic patterns of eating and avoiding food, sometimes referred to as "disordered eating." Some groups, such as athletes, models, and food professionals, are more likely to develop an eating disorder because of their focus on food or weight.

But these are complex disorders and there are usually many other contributing factors to the disease. We know there are links to low self-esteem, depression, challenging relationships, and feelings that one lacks control over one's life, in addition to a strong correlation between eating disorders and some athletic pursuits. Eating disorders are considered psychiatric disorders, but the many nutritional and medical problems associated with them require the expertise of a multidisciplinary treatment team that includes mental health, medical, nutrition and nursing professionals.

My take-home message from the CNN program is that although eating disorders can have life-threatening effects, with proper help individuals can live normal and productive lives. Overcoming an eating disorder requires professional help, and there are many excellent resources available for individuals who have or think they may have an eating disorder. One is the Web site of the National Eating Disorders Association at

lourdes r
good effect is: you will become thinner
bad effect is: you can die of it just like KAREN CARPENTER

mnkystp28
any illness hardly has a "good" side to it. If you call losing your ability to heal yourself from cuts, bruises and the occasional bug a good thing. If bringing your body as close to death as humanly possible is a goal, you need to talk to someone. Your hair and teeth will start to die away long before you do. and no one worth loving is going to want to be with an anorexic who is not getting the help that is needed to stay alive, and healthy.

La Kitsune
there are no "good" affects.

cireengineering
There are no good effects, only bad effects; such as: poor health, bad posture, early death, etc... Follow a healthy diet and maintain a good body mass index. Click on link below.

HOVO
Rating
Hey dummy, there's nothing good about starving yourself. No guy likes to see a girls rib cage, or get poked by a bone when hugging. Try eating a Healthy Diet.

saginawcomic
Rating
The only reason to get anorexic is if you are trapped behind bars and want to get skinny enough to slip out.

The bad part is, you mess up your internal organs from starvation.

mack j
Rating
the bad is that you can die but the good is you get to replace the missing skeleton in science class.

L-L-L-Lucy
Good - nothing
Bad - osteoporosis, you look dead, your hair gets into a bad condition, everything else to do with becoming weak etc.. etc..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy