Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

I want to become a physician,or surgeon do u have any advice?

It has been suggested that bras contribute to breast cancer. Is this true?
I was told that during the hippie revolution where bra burning was the playstation of the day, that breast cancer for women was at an all time low. What have you heard....

Im scared to death?
ever since i was little i have white spots on my forehead and they itch sometimes i dont know what it is i think they are heat bumps but i dont know and now i took a look at it in my mirror and saw ...

Could i have cancer?
well um how should i start this well my grandma died of brest cancer my great grandma died of it 2 and my aunt is diagnosed wit it also my grandpa is 2 and some of my family from his side do i have ...

Do you participate in the American Cancer Societys Relay for Life activities?
And would you be interested in donating to the cause?...

What is the meaning of ADENO CARCINOMA?

Additional Details
What is metastic and non metastic?...

The pituitary gland produces the what hormone?

Life expectancy of brain cancer?
My mother has brain cancer, and I was wondering what the average life expectancy is. The tumor she had before was in an unoperable area, and they cannot opperate. They are going to try using chemo ...

Why do people keep getting cancer?
Lately, a bunch of people I know have been getting or dying from cancer. What has caused this sickness to become common suddenly? And why is it so hard to find a cure? I just want to get some answers ...

What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ov
What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ovarian cancer and now my grandmother has kidney cancer. What are my chances of getting ...

Do bone marrow transplants actually help anyone live longer...?
...or is this a desperate last-ditch procedure for people who are as good as dead anyway?

A third-generation ...

Second hand smoke?
I never smoke but my husband does.. Our room is airconditioned (because we are in asia and very hot).. And I have been inhaling the second hand smoke for 2 years now.. will it harm my health?...

Can anemia lead to cancer or leukemia?
I have anemia i pretty much had it since i was a kid im 20 with 3 kids. Im taking iron pills but im aways feeling very dizzy and sometimes i feel like faiting my body will get numb 4 a few seconds ...

Are cigars more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes?

Prostate cancer?
Is it possible for a young man under 30 to get prostate cancer?...

Living will?
Hi
I lost my mom to cancer 4 weeks back, and i had to make the decision of pulling the plugs, it was not pleasant as you might imagine, this is why i decided that i don’t want to put anyone in ...

How long to you life with lung cancer?

Does Tanning cause Cancer?
There is a medical and scientific answer to this. Do you know the answer.....
Additional Details
Yes there is a Scientific and a Medical approach to this answer.. they both work together....

Lump in armpit girl?
i went to surgeon and lump in armpit was biopsied...it was thankfully benign...but the surgeon ordered a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast on the affected side...if you read my previous ...

Cure for cancer....?
Did you know there is a cure for cancer?? If you read the book called the Gerson Therapy, you will read about how people were cured of cancer. Did you also know that the AMA, AHA, and all those other ...

hrt
Severe depression?
this xmas was pretty bad...i think it will be the last time i see my family. i have been mentally abused and manipulated by them for 35 years...my husband stood up to them when they were treating me like **** at xmas and my mom told us to leave because we ruined their xmas...then my brother physically threw me down and attacked my husband. i know i'm better off without them...because of the pain they have caused me my entire life...my husband has been my lifesaver...making me realize what they have been doing to me is wrong...but i just want them to love me...something i grew up not hearing...where do i begin to move on and realize that maybe to get myself better...it's time to let go? i feel ripped apart inside...knowing all that happened can't be fixed. why do i still feel the need to have my parents and for once hear them say that i did ok..and they love me?

happy4u
Rating
I feel your pain. I have not visited my family for the holidays in several years. I used to seek their approval and support because of the pain of childhood. I found something called "Inner Bonding." It is a wonderful resource that has helped me become stronger and get on the path to healing....Check out the source below....

pennysaed
You begin your question with "severe depression" but it sounds like they were causing your depressive state, and you might have some of your depressive symptoms lifted if you were not in these highly tense states.

Family stress and holidays, as I am sure you know, are two of the most stress-causing factors in the list of "Most stressful Life Events" and combining the two are just setting a depressed person up for a miserable event. Especially when the family is one like yours ( or mine, since my family is just like that one!)

Once you realize that they do not want to have a stable, normal relationship with you, and it will never be the Norman Rockwell holiday picture that you long for in your life, you can move on and begin to develop your own holiday traditions within your own home, and the holidays can become meaningful to you in a different way.

It took me a few years to develop that with my little family without the brothers and sisters and inlaws, but now I have my little family, and we have our own customs, and we have PEACE. The rest of them don't speak to me, and I am no longer mired down by either my images of what family is supposed to be like and by being disappointed always, nor am I under constant attack by THOSE PEOPLE! Life is free for me, and I am free from the horrible emotions they caused.

You, too can feel better once you are free from all that ruckus. No one needs that on a holiday that is supposed to bring about all the happiness and serenity. Free your mind, and find your peace. You have the power to do it for yourself!

Good luck!

BryanB
Rating
Love your husband.
Think of youself as one of those person who don't have a family.

happydawg
Rating
Move on and quit living in the past. Make a new life for yourself and find peace. 35 years is a long time. I grew up in a home where my parents were always very critical of everything and they never once in my life told me they loved me. Sometimes thats just the way it is. My mom was cold and not a very warm person. They are both gone now, and I try to make it up to my siblings. I bought them all something for Christmas and we are healing (all 7 of us) in our own time.
Time heals. Move on and let it be. Forget today and move on.

topguntony
Rating
You are better off without them. Feel Lucky you have a wonderful hubby!Hold him tightly.

marshacallane
You are such a lucky woman to have a husband stand up for you against abusive family members. He is to be applauded. He is your place of safety and God bless him for it! So many people can't find love from their parents or siblings but that's THEIR PROBLEM, not yours. I think it is time to separate yourself from them physically and emotionally. Do not harbor ill feelings for them; perhaps they aren't capable of loving themselves enough to love anyone else. At any rate, forgive them in your heart and turn them loose. Close your eyes and "see" yourself handing them over to God to deal with them. DO NOT TAKE THEM BACK!! Focus your love on your husband and the love you know is there from him. God bless you in your time of letting go and healing.

Sandra Dee
Rating
Hello!
I am so sorry Christmas with your family turned out this way. I'm going to gather that this isn't the first Holiday with them, or anytime with them, that this has occured.
I have felt as you do, with my Dad. I loved him and wanted his love back. His approval. But it was never to be. He only abused me. Told me I never should have been born& I'd never amount to anything..but he was wrong. So he was just toxic for me to be around him, depressing. So, I just cut the tie, in my mind. I think we all have that innate feeling of wanting our parents love & approval...would seem like the natural way to be. But sad to say, it's not that way. You have your own self worth and though this beats that up, your self worth should remain intaked. You have a Husband that loves you and you have his approval. He was very brave going up against your family, sounds like a great man you have there. You are fortunate there, so count that blessing.
Until you hear back from your parents... don't make contact... it will be hard, but for your own good. We just can't make our family as we would like things to be... not hurt. Yes, you will have a void, as I do, but please don't pursue this anymore, for your own sake. If/when they do contact you, tell them you are done looking for the love and approval that just isn't there. Maybe that will make them take a good hard look, as to what they have been doing to you for so long.
I wish you well! :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy