Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Do you participate in the American Cancer Societys Relay for Life activities?
And would you be interested in donating to the cause?...

What is the meaning of ADENO CARCINOMA?

Additional Details
What is metastic and non metastic?...

The pituitary gland produces the what hormone?

Life expectancy of brain cancer?
My mother has brain cancer, and I was wondering what the average life expectancy is. The tumor she had before was in an unoperable area, and they cannot opperate. They are going to try using chemo ...

Why do people keep getting cancer?
Lately, a bunch of people I know have been getting or dying from cancer. What has caused this sickness to become common suddenly? And why is it so hard to find a cure? I just want to get some answers ...

What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ov
What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ovarian cancer and now my grandmother has kidney cancer. What are my chances of getting ...

Do bone marrow transplants actually help anyone live longer...?
...or is this a desperate last-ditch procedure for people who are as good as dead anyway?

A third-generation ...

Second hand smoke?
I never smoke but my husband does.. Our room is airconditioned (because we are in asia and very hot).. And I have been inhaling the second hand smoke for 2 years now.. will it harm my health?...

Can anemia lead to cancer or leukemia?
I have anemia i pretty much had it since i was a kid im 20 with 3 kids. Im taking iron pills but im aways feeling very dizzy and sometimes i feel like faiting my body will get numb 4 a few seconds ...

Are cigars more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes?

Prostate cancer?
Is it possible for a young man under 30 to get prostate cancer?...

Living will?
Hi
I lost my mom to cancer 4 weeks back, and i had to make the decision of pulling the plugs, it was not pleasant as you might imagine, this is why i decided that i don’t want to put anyone in ...

How long to you life with lung cancer?

Does Tanning cause Cancer?
There is a medical and scientific answer to this. Do you know the answer.....
Additional Details
Yes there is a Scientific and a Medical approach to this answer.. they both work together....

Lump in armpit girl?
i went to surgeon and lump in armpit was biopsied...it was thankfully benign...but the surgeon ordered a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast on the affected side...if you read my previous ...

Cure for cancer....?
Did you know there is a cure for cancer?? If you read the book called the Gerson Therapy, you will read about how people were cured of cancer. Did you also know that the AMA, AHA, and all those other ...

What's the best thing to do for a friend (s) with terminal cancer?
Boyfriend diagnosed with blood cancer - 25% chance of beating it and best girl friend diagnosed with colon cancer - 40% chance of surviving it...help..? what's a friend to do?...

Is there really a natural cure for cancer?
The doctors are now saying there is nothing left to do for my mother's lung cancer, I want to know is there something out there that can help her. I want to know is there something natural that ...

What do the numbers mean when talking about the grades of tumors?
Is 4 medium, mild or horrific?...

Effects of mobiles on human health?
mobiles emit radioactive rays which are harmful for human brain.it may lead to brain tummer.but its effects can be reduced if you adopt right way of holding it....

Maghrebia
Does my mom have breast cancer?
she feels her breast has this solid thing in it. at first, it was only one breast, so she took a mammogram and it said she didn't have breast cancer. but now, her other breast has the solid shape thing in it. the doctor had told her she needed to take out one of her underarm lymph nodes (this is about 6 months ago) but she was too scared. Does it harm if you don't take the lymph nodes out? what could those solid shaped things be?
the symptoms that she has: she used to have a lump but then the doctor popped it with a needle. That's basically it.

tinkertailorcandlestickmaker
I'm not sure I completely understand the time line in your question. You start out asking: "Does my mom have breast cancer?", I don't know, I hope she doesn't
Then you say a doctor said she did not have cancer, so why the question? was that for the first lump only? has she been examined for the second lump? if so, what did the doctor say?

Let me see if I understand, a doctor that actually examined your mother said that the lymph node should come out. Now you are on Y!A asking "Does it harm if you don't take the lymph nodes out?" I think you should be asking the doctor. Maybe the doctor was just being cautious, maybe it won't do any harm to leave them, but, again, the doctor is a doctor, and he did examine your mother, and he did recommend removing it.
If you mother wants a second opinion, and I can understand wanting a second opinion before surgery, it should be from another qualified doctor, not from here.

If you are asking if your mother should see a doctor for the second lump, or if she can just ignore it, I think she SHOULD see a doctor! It's still early, (at least in the time zone I'm in) why not make an appointment today?

rubenesque62
Rating
My Mother has lumps in her breast they are not cancer they are cyst. You still have to watch them to make sure they dont become cancer. And sometimes they still have to be removed, my Mother has had three removed. Maybe this is what your mother has. I have a lump as well but they said most women have lumpy breast and its normal. Good luck to your Mother

THE BIG GUY USA
WORRY IS THE BIGGEST KILLER
GET A MAMMOGRAPH
TAKE IT FROM THERE.
BEST

olivia s
i would tell her to stop the foolishness and go and take it out because her life is more important than being sacred

guardzz2000
Rating
I seriously say see a doctor and get a mammogram and dun waste time here..Tell her it is ok to be scared but tell her that you will be scared if she dun get check up and she died leaving u all... cos it is very silly and selfish of her to do that...
she is being unfair to you and you will hate her forever and that is more scary tell her...

(reverse physicology)

Joey
Seriously, you are on Y! asking people if your mother has breast cancer. Grow up and get her to another doctor.

Vanessa
It sound like she needs a second opinion. Mammograms don't always pick up the small lumps.
If if turns out to be breast cancer and the Doctor tells her that lymp nodes should be removed it is because the lymp nodes are glands that have vessels (like veins) where lymphatic fluid circulates like blood. These helps us get rid of harmful bacteria to keep us healthy. The fluid also travels all over the body like blood does, so If there are cancer cells in he lymp nodes then the cancer can Metastasise (or spread) to other organs.
The only definite test for cancer is a biopsy which to take a tiny tissue sample from the lump and look at it under a microscope and identify its cells to see if they are indeed cancerous.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy