Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Could i have cancer?
well um how should i start this well my grandma died of brest cancer my great grandma died of it 2 and my aunt is diagnosed wit it also my grandpa is 2 and some of my family from his side do i have ...

Do you participate in the American Cancer Societys Relay for Life activities?
And would you be interested in donating to the cause?...

What is the meaning of ADENO CARCINOMA?

Additional Details
What is metastic and non metastic?...

The pituitary gland produces the what hormone?

Life expectancy of brain cancer?
My mother has brain cancer, and I was wondering what the average life expectancy is. The tumor she had before was in an unoperable area, and they cannot opperate. They are going to try using chemo ...

Why do people keep getting cancer?
Lately, a bunch of people I know have been getting or dying from cancer. What has caused this sickness to become common suddenly? And why is it so hard to find a cure? I just want to get some answers ...

What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ov
What is the chances that I will get cancer? My great-grandfather had brain cancer, my great-grandmother has ovarian cancer and now my grandmother has kidney cancer. What are my chances of getting ...

Do bone marrow transplants actually help anyone live longer...?
...or is this a desperate last-ditch procedure for people who are as good as dead anyway?

A third-generation ...

Second hand smoke?
I never smoke but my husband does.. Our room is airconditioned (because we are in asia and very hot).. And I have been inhaling the second hand smoke for 2 years now.. will it harm my health?...

Can anemia lead to cancer or leukemia?
I have anemia i pretty much had it since i was a kid im 20 with 3 kids. Im taking iron pills but im aways feeling very dizzy and sometimes i feel like faiting my body will get numb 4 a few seconds ...

Are cigars more likely to cause cancer than cigarettes?

Prostate cancer?
Is it possible for a young man under 30 to get prostate cancer?...

Living will?
Hi
I lost my mom to cancer 4 weeks back, and i had to make the decision of pulling the plugs, it was not pleasant as you might imagine, this is why i decided that i don’t want to put anyone in ...

How long to you life with lung cancer?

Does Tanning cause Cancer?
There is a medical and scientific answer to this. Do you know the answer.....
Additional Details
Yes there is a Scientific and a Medical approach to this answer.. they both work together....

Lump in armpit girl?
i went to surgeon and lump in armpit was biopsied...it was thankfully benign...but the surgeon ordered a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast on the affected side...if you read my previous ...

Cure for cancer....?
Did you know there is a cure for cancer?? If you read the book called the Gerson Therapy, you will read about how people were cured of cancer. Did you also know that the AMA, AHA, and all those other ...

What's the best thing to do for a friend (s) with terminal cancer?
Boyfriend diagnosed with blood cancer - 25% chance of beating it and best girl friend diagnosed with colon cancer - 40% chance of surviving it...help..? what's a friend to do?...

Is there really a natural cure for cancer?
The doctors are now saying there is nothing left to do for my mother's lung cancer, I want to know is there something out there that can help her. I want to know is there something natural that ...

What do the numbers mean when talking about the grades of tumors?
Is 4 medium, mild or horrific?...

Kristin J
What did you do to past time while on chemo?
My grandpa is on chemo right now and I want to get him something he can use for christmas. He doesn't really like to watch anything right now because it makes him dizzy so no t.v. or reading. What did everybody else do. I thought about books on tape maybe he's very religous and he can't really read his bible right now. It might be too high tech though. He's also having a hard time sleeping. Any ideas?
Additional Details
Oh yea, my grandma never leaves him alone anymore. It's kind of sad that this is the way he get's to retire, and sometimes he acts like he doesn't like her to fuss over him but when she leaves, he whines. It's great.

Andee
How about pillows and a cozy blanket.

mousedeer586
get him closer to god!=]

Yarx
Rating
I'm 48 and I had chemo for Hairy Cell Leaukaemia in March. This chemo was administered in 2-hour sessions for 5 straight days Monday-Friday. I was able to go home each day when the sessions were over as I was diagnosed very early and never suffered ill effects (due to it being noticed when I was going to give a blood donation!).
The best thing for your grandfather is not something to read or play with, it's to have a member of your family with him at all times. Even though my leaukaemia was very treatable, it's still very scary to be diagnosed with it, and all I wanted was someone with me. Luckily my wife was able to sit with me most of the time.

Testsubject Z
music

lo_mcg
I love to read but found I couldn't concentrate on reading while on chemo. My sister gave me lots of things to make cards with, and a little fold-away table. I've never been interested in crafts and I've never made cards since, but it gave me something to do that didn't need concentration and that I could just put aside if I got too tired and go back to at any time.

I don't know if that would be appropriate for your grandpa, but something along those lines, like jigsaw puzzles, might be nice.

Taped books are also a good idea.

I'm sorry he's having a hard time sleeping - the steroids you're given to help stop nausea can have that effect. I found just sleeping when I was able was the only way I could deal with it - not trying to stay awake just because it was day time or to fit in with other people, but just sleeping as my body dictated.

I wish your grandpa the best of luck with his treatment.

connie l
Maybe get some audio tapes that are inspiring or books that hell like on audio.Also a portable cd with some relaxing songs or nature sounds to help him relax and sleep at night.Also some songs or scripture that your grandparents can listen together

rye
Rating
Definitely get the Bible on tape, and other religious songs and music of his type. Other audio books would be great too. My grandmother is 87 years old and living with us. She listens to the Bible every day and says how much she loves it because she can't read. It keeps her in touch with God and provides entertainment. I recommend the Bible read by James Earl Jones. You can find it on www.amazon.com for only about 10-15 dollars. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy