Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Lump in armpit girl?
i went to surgeon and lump in armpit was biopsied...it was thankfully benign...but the surgeon ordered a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast on the affected side...if you read my previous ...

Cure for cancer....?
Did you know there is a cure for cancer?? If you read the book called the Gerson Therapy, you will read about how people were cured of cancer. Did you also know that the AMA, AHA, and all those other ...

What's the best thing to do for a friend (s) with terminal cancer?
Boyfriend diagnosed with blood cancer - 25% chance of beating it and best girl friend diagnosed with colon cancer - 40% chance of surviving it...help..? what's a friend to do?...

Is there really a natural cure for cancer?
The doctors are now saying there is nothing left to do for my mother's lung cancer, I want to know is there something out there that can help her. I want to know is there something natural that ...

What do the numbers mean when talking about the grades of tumors?
Is 4 medium, mild or horrific?...

Effects of mobiles on human health?
mobiles emit radioactive rays which are harmful for human brain.it may lead to brain tummer.but its effects can be reduced if you adopt right way of holding it....

Its Tough Going Watching Someone Slowly Die?
The cancer has now spread to his lungs from originally his bowel. He went and had some of his liver cut away, but it continued to spread into his spine and now into the lungs. They gave him some ...

Insperational quotes for beating cancer?
This is my 3rd question about this now sorry but i need help, what is a nice quote for someone whos beat cancer?
"never give up" Fighter" immortal" add your quote here...

Have there been any cases of people getting cancer when only smoking for 1 year?
Have there been any cases of people getting cancer from only smoking for a year?
And dont just tell me yes... Give me facts... not what you think
T...

How should I prepare for my husband's chemo tomorrow?
My husband has stage 4 Hodgkin's disease. His chemotherapy starts tomorrow morning at 8am. I am freaking out! Any advice or information you can send my way would be great. Thanks.
A...

Cml cancer deadly?
i know a 15 year old guy who has it..
is it curable?...

Symptoms helppp please!!!!!!!!!!?
im 17 years old and lately i have not been doing well. i have been throwing up a lot lately and have thrown up my bowel and blood several times. me and my parents were thinking maybe a bad virus but ...

How do I cope?
My mum has stage IV breast cancer. It is extremely bad and she is undergoing chemo and radiation therapy. To my knowledge she has not been given, or asked, the doctor how much time she has left. O...

What is the life span of the breast cancer patient?
my mom has breat cancer will she die soon. please tell me I can handle the truth....

Is brain tumor contagious?
Are brain tumors contagious? For example, if a person has it, and coughs and sneezes without covering their mouths, would it be contagious for other people??

I have read that brain tumors ...

Help Please!!!?
My grandpa has skin cancer I think thats what kind it is.Well he has it on his face could he die from this?
Additional Details
It is skin cancer and he has seen a doctor they said he ...

What does radiation....and Chemotherapy mean?.. is one more agressive than the other?.?
Dad is still recovering from his colon surgery... but in about a month, he will be seeing an oncologist who will either recommend treatment ...or not.. I have heard both terms used.. radiation and ...

Can Leukemia always be detected through blood tests?
I have had many blood tests and my doctor hasnt mentioned leukemia as being a possibility of an illness i could be suffering with. In my opinion ive done alot a research and i have more symptoms of ...

Help my friend has cancer?
my in-law has breat cancer she underwent radiation for 6 weeks then she was hospitalize and they found she has panreatic cancer now they are talking about surgery to take out the panreast/stomach how ...

How much vomiting is to expected during chemotherapy?

Randall W
Life expectancy of brain cancer?
My mother has brain cancer, and I was wondering what the average life expectancy is. The tumor she had before was in an unoperable area, and they cannot opperate. They are going to try using chemo therapy, they've used radiation once before to shrink the tumor. Back then they mistakenly said that it was benign, though it was malignant the entire time.

anyone have any kinds of statistics about it, or anybody who knows a bit more about have an idea of how much time...?
I know it's not something that you can just say, but if you have an idea...

Rosemary G
Rating
Brain Cancer

Outlook
The major factors that influence survival seem to be the type of cancer, its location, whether it can be surgically removed or reduced, your age, and your other medical problems.

The long-term survival rate (greater than 5 years) for people with primary brain cancer is less than 10% despite aggressive surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.

But these treatments do prolong survival in the short term and, perhaps more importantly, improve your quality of life while you are still alive.
Most people with metastatic brain cancer die from their primary cancer rather than from the brain lesions.

In this case as well, radiation and chemotherapy increase your life expectancy modestly.

People who have seizures generally do poorly over the following 6 months.
Despite seemingly dismal chances of long-term survival, these chances are clearly greater with treatment than without. Discuss treatment options and best-estimated prognosis with your cancer team.

David W
Don't give up hope.

Cures are available.

For details of cancer and the cancer industry, and some links to sites with natural cures,. see this site.
Cancer
http://dgwa1.fortunecity.com/body/cancer.html

fruitybaby101
My mother in law passed away from a very aggressive brain cancer called Glioblastoma Multiforme. Life expectancy depends on the stage the cancer is in and the type of cancer that it is. I called every major hospital and the cancer treatment center of america and all they could tell me was her life expectancy was 3 months to a year. she was diagnosed in july of 2003 and passed away nov. 2003. that doesnt mean that your mom is going to pass away any time soon but it would help if you knew the type of cancer and its growth rate. i wished i could be of more help to you. there is a website braintumor.com or you could try webmd.com.

Carpanone Kid
Look, this is a tough one. Every case is individual and nobody knows exactly how much time there is left. The important thing is to use the time you have. Be there for her and with her the best you can, otherwise, you will most likely end up having regrets.

jayaraman
Rating
Cancer is still an enigma. Even a expert oncologist has no answer for your question. They will not even try to answer your question.

It depends much on the type of cancer, grade and stage of cancer. The treatments mainly - Surgery, Chemotherapy and radiation therapy - are given. Mild or strong medicine/dosage are used While giving Chemotherapy treatment depending on the above factors.

If the patients withstand the side-effects of Chemotherapy and radiation doses well they may live for more years say even 10 to 15 years depending on age and many more factors. It also depends on non-recurrence of the disease. So it is difficult to tell the expectancy and we have to only pray for the patient's well being. I have a known a case of Brain tumor given all the above treatments about 8 years back (I think in 1998) and living quite alright now without any complication and complaint.

sindi
Rating
based on what you are saying , i am thinking you may mean brainstem cancer , if the tumor is in the pons of the brain , then life expectancy is 6 to 18 months from diagnosis. now if the tumor is on another area , it is possible to survive a brain tumor , even if surgery isnt posslble . i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers ..........

notme1022000
Rating
I'm Really Sorry,

I don't know much about brain cancer.

I did know a woman that had brain cancer, also inoperable.

She was on chemo and things went really well. she was told she was ok..then about five years later they found cancer again.

Once again she was on chemo...That happened about ten years ago..Now she is holding down a job and doing well.

The doctor's can't even determine how long someone has.

We found out my husband had cancer in October. The doctor's said he had about five years to live.. He passed away in January. Less than three months..

I will keep you and your mom in my prayers..

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy