Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Cancer
Health Discussion Forum

Prostate cancer?
Is it possible for a young man under 30 to get prostate cancer?...

Living will?
Hi
I lost my mom to cancer 4 weeks back, and i had to make the decision of pulling the plugs, it was not pleasant as you might imagine, this is why i decided that i don’t want to put anyone in ...

How long to you life with lung cancer?

Does Tanning cause Cancer?
There is a medical and scientific answer to this. Do you know the answer.....
Additional Details
Yes there is a Scientific and a Medical approach to this answer.. they both work together....

Lump in armpit girl?
i went to surgeon and lump in armpit was biopsied...it was thankfully benign...but the surgeon ordered a mammogram and ultrasound of the breast on the affected side...if you read my previous ...

Cure for cancer....?
Did you know there is a cure for cancer?? If you read the book called the Gerson Therapy, you will read about how people were cured of cancer. Did you also know that the AMA, AHA, and all those other ...

What's the best thing to do for a friend (s) with terminal cancer?
Boyfriend diagnosed with blood cancer - 25% chance of beating it and best girl friend diagnosed with colon cancer - 40% chance of surviving it...help..? what's a friend to do?...

Is there really a natural cure for cancer?
The doctors are now saying there is nothing left to do for my mother's lung cancer, I want to know is there something out there that can help her. I want to know is there something natural that ...

What do the numbers mean when talking about the grades of tumors?
Is 4 medium, mild or horrific?...

Effects of mobiles on human health?
mobiles emit radioactive rays which are harmful for human brain.it may lead to brain tummer.but its effects can be reduced if you adopt right way of holding it....

Its Tough Going Watching Someone Slowly Die?
The cancer has now spread to his lungs from originally his bowel. He went and had some of his liver cut away, but it continued to spread into his spine and now into the lungs. They gave him some ...

Insperational quotes for beating cancer?
This is my 3rd question about this now sorry but i need help, what is a nice quote for someone whos beat cancer?
"never give up" Fighter" immortal" add your quote here...

Have there been any cases of people getting cancer when only smoking for 1 year?
Have there been any cases of people getting cancer from only smoking for a year?
And dont just tell me yes... Give me facts... not what you think
T...

How should I prepare for my husband's chemo tomorrow?
My husband has stage 4 Hodgkin's disease. His chemotherapy starts tomorrow morning at 8am. I am freaking out! Any advice or information you can send my way would be great. Thanks.
A...

Cml cancer deadly?
i know a 15 year old guy who has it..
is it curable?...

Symptoms helppp please!!!!!!!!!!?
im 17 years old and lately i have not been doing well. i have been throwing up a lot lately and have thrown up my bowel and blood several times. me and my parents were thinking maybe a bad virus but ...

How do I cope?
My mum has stage IV breast cancer. It is extremely bad and she is undergoing chemo and radiation therapy. To my knowledge she has not been given, or asked, the doctor how much time she has left. O...

What is the life span of the breast cancer patient?
my mom has breat cancer will she die soon. please tell me I can handle the truth....

Is brain tumor contagious?
Are brain tumors contagious? For example, if a person has it, and coughs and sneezes without covering their mouths, would it be contagious for other people??

I have read that brain tumors ...

Help Please!!!?
My grandpa has skin cancer I think thats what kind it is.Well he has it on his face could he die from this?
Additional Details
It is skin cancer and he has seen a doctor they said he ...

tiki
Could i have cancer?
well um how should i start this well my grandma died of brest cancer my great grandma died of it 2 and my aunt is diagnosed wit it also my grandpa is 2 and some of my family from his side do i have a good chance of getting it my dads side of the family has cancer and part of my moms does 2 but non of them have it but could it have skipped them and come 2 me????

renae2007_1986
Rating
yes im afraid that since so many of ur family memebers ahs had it and some passed away , you may have a chance of getting it too. just keep getting checked and try to be strong, god bless you.

Cali Quest
Rating
yes there is a chance that you may end up having breast cancer too its best to get check early for it and not later im sorry you and your family have to go threw that but its life and if your family has a history with cancer more then likely you will end up with it also get checked early good luck and wish the best for you

Joe D
Rating
Genetics is part of it but so is environment and exposure to carcinogens. This is something you need to discuss with your doctor. You don't mention specific symptoms or indicators that would cause you to believe that you might have cancer.
See your doctor and ask..

~DANiELLE~
see a doctor and find out

Sam
Rating
You do have a family history so you're more likely to get it, but it's not a 100% chance.

Yogurt is good 4 U
You are at risk of having it, but that does not mean you will have it. Check yourself at least annually to detect any abnormalities early. Its always better to prevent than to lament

Orinoco
Well, yes it could.

If you have a strong family history of breast cancer you are more likely to have breast cancer than the rest of the population. However, the fact that it seems to have skipped your mother is a good sign.

What sort of cancer runs on your dad's side?

To minimise cancer:

Slip Slop Slap - Use sunscreen, sun protective clothing and a hat to avoid solar UV rays. Don't use tanning beds.

Watch your diet - avoid charcoal meats. You might, in fact, do well to adopt a non-western diet. Incorporate sushi or vegetarian foods regularly.

Keep your immune system healthy. Avoid sugary foods to keep your pancreas and sugar metabolism good (avoid diabetes)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy