Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My eyes are really weird!?
For about 3 years I have been concentrating on things with one eye.What I am saying that one of my eyes go to the side when I am looking at people, or things and it looks like i am not looking at ...

My eyes are very dry, red and painful. I cannot wear contacts very long or just not at all...?
I've tried eyedrops and i have even stayed off wearing my contacts for days at a time. What is the matter and what can I do?...

Do i really need glasses? (.75 prescription)?
I went to the eye dr yesterday because I had not had an exam in 15 years. I've always had excellent vision but I figured it was about time. While there I was told I may need glasses (.75) for ...

Colored contacts?
I have 20/20 vision I just want hazel eyes. Where can I buy contacts to change the color of my eyes without damaging my eyes or permanently change the color of my ...

I was hit in the eye with a pen, i still feel it pulsating. what should i do?

How to have abright LARGE shining eyes?
does pouring milk on the eye help?...

What are the best ways to protect our eyes while working on the computer for long hours?

Would you help me?
hi all i have weak eyes both of them are 2 i can see objects that are close but when it comes to the objects that are far away i have difficylty in seein them,i have glasses but dont like them at all,...

Do eye doctors inflate their prices on purpose?
i bought a 6 month supply of contacts for $175 form the eye doctor. I found the exact same contacts on the internet for $31.50! WTF?...

Whats wrong with my eyes?
I woke up this morning and they were crusted over. Vision was blurred in the right eye and I almost couldn't see at all in the left. I was really sick the past week (I think the flu) and am ...

What causes whites of your eye to turn yellow?
Please dont tell me Jaundice or Hepatitis I have chronic dry eye syndrome and my eyes are pretty red all the time when I used Vinsene the red does go away but then my eyes are a yellowish color... Im ...

Eyesight Irregularities...?
When i am driving at night my left eye sees perfectly fine, but my right eye sees light as colored rings with black in the center. Basically colored O's with the inside colored black. This only ...

OKAY PEEPS! eye question :]?
so. i have a small bump right in the middle of my left eye-lid. i know it's not a stye, because it's not on my lash line. but it freaking hurts when i blink hard. i googled around & ...

Best lenses for sunny conditions.?
Just would like to know the right type of lens to go for if you need to look at the sky line alot (crane op,clay pigeon shooter,pylons,pilot etc.)...

Could I get Pink Eye?
So my friend was sick from school yesterday,because he had pink eye. He came back today, and said that it had been 24 hours so it was okay for him to back in school. Well I'm pretty sure that I...

What is the max time for eye dilation before you should worry about going to the Emergency Room?
My son had his eyes dilateded and everything I found related to this says 4-6 hours. I has been a little longer than that....

Can You Get Anti Reflection Coating on your current glasses.?
I was wondering if you could get anti reflection coating on your current glasses. I had my prescription glasses for a year now and wonder if I could get the ARC on them.

I live in ...

I need help taking off and putting on my contacts?
yea i just got contacts today and i had a very hard time on taking em off and the doctor put them on 4 me so its gonna be hard to put on im guessing so plz help ...

Is it normal to feel the bottom edge of your contact lens on your eye?
everytime i put in my contact it feels like the bottom edge of the lens sinks to the bottom of my eyelid... why is this happening and is it normal?? i just got contacts ...

My eyes burn and i begin to cry?
my eyes will randomly burn and i begin to cry, it almost feels like how it does after you chop a bunch of onions. any thoughts??...

Pink Panther
How long should it take to get used to new eyeglass prescription?
I went to LensCrafters to get new glasses, but the doctor got the rx wrong. I didn't realize that day because they had dialated my eyes and I was not able to see well. I saw the doctor again (they overprescribed my right eye by .25), and I picked up the glasses with the new rx yesterday. I felt that the rx was wrong, as it feels like my left eye is being pulled, and there is a lot of pressure when I have them on. They told me to wear the glasses for 2 weeks because that's how long it takes for your "brain to understand the new rx". In the past I have instantly felt that the new rx was better and I've never had to "get used to" the rx. My rx is pretty low (I think .75 in left and 1 in right - they increased the astigmatism in the right eye from my last rx), but my eyes are very sensitive and I can feel the slightest change. My question is, how long does it take you to get used to a new rx? Do you think 2 weeks is too long?

Natalie
Rating
To get use to it. If you wear your glasses regularly then about 2 days? and if you wear contacts and then glasses maybe a week or so. If they still feel weird then i would go back and tell them that its just not feeling right. I have near sighted in my left eye, far sighted in my right and have astigmatism in my right eye also. Takes me about 2 - 3 days to get use to my glasses

justmedrt
....Yes that is way to long.....I knew my prescription was wrong within 3 days.....I recently had my eyes tested and rec'd a new Rx....I thought they'd take some "getting used to" but after 3 days of headaches and slight nausea...I return to the Dr. and got my "older Rx" back...and I am doing fine...I'd just tell them it's unbearable and you need them to do something..if they don't .......I'd find a new Dr....Good Luck!

guyster
Rating
2 wks is *way* too long for such a weak Rx. I would go to another place. I haven't had good luck at LC. It's normal for it to feel "weird" for a few days due to the change in magnification (often, you'll feel "taller" as things look slightly farther away). But you shouldn't feel "pulling" unless you have some very strange going on.
I don't know if you've tried contacts before, but in general, they exhibit far less of these kinds of effects, although if your astigmatism is strong, you'll need toric contacts.
Count me also as someone who has had to return glasses that "weren't right", twice.

Pedestal42
Rating
Two weeks is the absolute outside, at least with ordinary single-vision lenses.
*Instantly* there should be a check to ensure that have been made to the intended Rx, (slip ups happen) and that they are fitting correctly, which can also make them feel wrong.
That can be done by competent support staff.
But if that doesn't solve the problem within a week, two at the outside, it needs chair-time with the prescriber.
If they're booked up ahead, insist on arranging an appointment now on the assumption that it it won't be better.
No need to lose *another* week waiting for the appointment just because they're reluctant to sort out problems.

Alternate high profile strategy: just keep saying "they don't work" in a loud voice in reception until you get your money back and then go elsewhere.

But usually it's fair to give them a chance to pin down the problem. How do you know the new people are going to be any better?

Optometrist, retired.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy