Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Would you help me?
hi all i have weak eyes both of them are 2 i can see objects that are close but when it comes to the objects that are far away i have difficylty in seein them,i have glasses but dont like them at all,...

Do eye doctors inflate their prices on purpose?
i bought a 6 month supply of contacts for $175 form the eye doctor. I found the exact same contacts on the internet for $31.50! WTF?...

Whats wrong with my eyes?
I woke up this morning and they were crusted over. Vision was blurred in the right eye and I almost couldn't see at all in the left. I was really sick the past week (I think the flu) and am ...

What causes whites of your eye to turn yellow?
Please dont tell me Jaundice or Hepatitis I have chronic dry eye syndrome and my eyes are pretty red all the time when I used Vinsene the red does go away but then my eyes are a yellowish color... Im ...

Eyesight Irregularities...?
When i am driving at night my left eye sees perfectly fine, but my right eye sees light as colored rings with black in the center. Basically colored O's with the inside colored black. This only ...

OKAY PEEPS! eye question :]?
so. i have a small bump right in the middle of my left eye-lid. i know it's not a stye, because it's not on my lash line. but it freaking hurts when i blink hard. i googled around & ...

Best lenses for sunny conditions.?
Just would like to know the right type of lens to go for if you need to look at the sky line alot (crane op,clay pigeon shooter,pylons,pilot etc.)...

Could I get Pink Eye?
So my friend was sick from school yesterday,because he had pink eye. He came back today, and said that it had been 24 hours so it was okay for him to back in school. Well I'm pretty sure that I...

What is the max time for eye dilation before you should worry about going to the Emergency Room?
My son had his eyes dilateded and everything I found related to this says 4-6 hours. I has been a little longer than that....

Can You Get Anti Reflection Coating on your current glasses.?
I was wondering if you could get anti reflection coating on your current glasses. I had my prescription glasses for a year now and wonder if I could get the ARC on them.

I live in ...

I need help taking off and putting on my contacts?
yea i just got contacts today and i had a very hard time on taking em off and the doctor put them on 4 me so its gonna be hard to put on im guessing so plz help ...

Is it normal to feel the bottom edge of your contact lens on your eye?
everytime i put in my contact it feels like the bottom edge of the lens sinks to the bottom of my eyelid... why is this happening and is it normal?? i just got contacts ...

My eyes burn and i begin to cry?
my eyes will randomly burn and i begin to cry, it almost feels like how it does after you chop a bunch of onions. any thoughts??...

Do I still have pink eye?
I had pink eye, which my doctor diagnosed 3 weeks ago. After using the eye drops, my eyes were cleared and I had no more eye drainage. I wore glasses for about a week and thought it was safe to wear ...

Is it possible to develop colourblindness?
well some people are natrually colourblind, but can some develop it? f so, how long would it take for the symptons to show?...

Something weird with my eye?
so, for the past few days. my eyes have been bloodshot. but a weird kinda of bloodshot.. like only around my iris, and then random splotches under my iris or to the side or something. and it doesnt ...

What are the age limits for eye surgery?

High eye pressures .... what other signs ...?
I have high eye pressures (22/24 by the blue light test) and I am not due to go back to the Optomatrist until Nov. I know that I will need to see an Opthamologist at that point as well but I have a ...

I have this weird problem with my eyes... and I really need help... am I going blind or something??????
its really strange, like everything I look at, its like its covored in little black and white specks.. like you know when your telivision channel isn't comming in quite right, so you get the ...

My eyes are constantly red and irritated. Eyedrops do not help. What is it and what can I do?
I wear my contacts as least as possible. I never sleep with them on. Usually at least one eye (the left and right switch on and off) is red and irritated and i ca't wear a contact in it. E...

Rachael H
I've just started wearing a contact lens, how long before the irritation stops?
i've recently started wearing one in my good eye, gradually building up the time i wear it each day as advised, it's rather irritating, how long before you get used to them please?

Claire E
They shouldn't be irritating at all- they should be comfortable even when you first start wearing them so maybe you need a different fit..i would suggest going to your optician to have your eyes checked with your contacts in. You could just have dry eyes- this is what I have so i have been given eye drops which really help

honey
Rating
I didn't even feel them when I got them. Maybe you should talk to your doctor about switching to another brand. I bet he/ she would give you a refund for the unopened ones.

Gwen
Maybe you should get the fit checked. If they don't have the curvature right, they can be uncomfortable.

Swampy_Bogtrotter
I think it's different for everyone.
I tried them for about 6 moths a few years ago, and they never stopped irritating my eyes.
I could feel them, always.
Every time I blinked my eye, I could feel my eyelid going over the lens, and when I opened my eyes again, one of them would be out of focus almost every time.
When I finally gave-in and went back to glasses, it felt like such a relief. It was like my eyes were finally getting a rest.

misteramara
Rating
It varies from person to person. It seemed to take me ages, a few months, while other people I know were used to them in a week or two. It's worth it in the end though.

I don't think you ever get to the point where you can't feel them at all, you just end up forgetting they're in.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy