Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

What made you happy today?

Cutting=emo?
if u cut urself then does that mean ur emo??
Additional Details
im not askingthis question becuase i wanna be emo for gosh sake!!!!!...

Can unhappiness or broken heart kill you ?
If you are emotionally upset and very unhappy can it shorten your life or eventually kill you ? Like a heart attack ?

Can you die of a broken heart ?

I think you can .....

How do I explain to my grandma why I tried to kill myself?
**DONT PREACH, I AM GOING TO GET HELP, I KNOW, I DON'T NEED YOU TELLING ME THAT KILLING MYSELF IS BAD, I'VE HEARD IT ALL, I SWEAR.**

I'm 17, live with my grandma
E...

I cant allow myself to eat?
I'm 17... i use to have a eating disorder... or at least the doctor was worried about how thin i was.. that was when i was 12..... i put on weight and weighed 140 lb when I'm 5'7.. ...

Am i crazy??? why is this happening to me????
I'm 22 now and ever since i was a little kid i've had dreams that where more then da ja vue i would dream about things before they would happen, sometimes before something happens i kind if ...

Does our society have no room for melancholia?
As soon as someone is slightly sad or melancholy do they receive a prescription for anti-depressants ? or they are told to buck up.

Is our society trying to hard to be happy all the time? ...

Help me get over my depression?
Well early this morning my cat was hit by a drunk driver he was probsly my best friend i am so depressed and i feel terrible i dont know how to get over my depression PLEASE HELP
Additional D...

Please help me?
I sometimes have suicidal thoughts. I don't have them as much as I used to, almost not at all, but should I still get help for it?
Additional Details

Can you please give me some tips to save money?
I use to buy and collect clothes, books, dvds, cds etc. When I get tired of them I just throw them away. Is this normal? Does anyone do the same thing? Please advice me....

How can i make myself physically sick?
i need to be sick and fast to get out of something, any ideas?...

Do you have any quick and easy tips for battling depression?
I've been down lately. It's odd because this is my favorite time of year. I have no real reason to be sad either. I've been crying at random times, and just feeling upset suddenly. I�...

Why Does Every Body Think I Am A Bad Person?
Well I went walking to get away and all because i went walking my Grandparents thinks i am a bad person i just have to get away from everyone cause i am still not over losing my mom in march and it ...

Can anyone remember when they lost their mind?

Would you like you if you met you?

Have you ever committed suicide?

Additional Details
The All-Knowing Sam's Q&A, you have been reported. Have fun trying to get another Yahoo account. HA HA HA ...

Will I ever be the same after this?
In April I was beating by two girls, one my age and one a year older(im 15). They called me many names, one excused me of sleeping with her boyfriend.- I didnt btw. It was after school back of the ...

Should I kill myself?
I just woke up and realized my life is a piece of crap just like everybody else's. who'd remember me anyway?...

Serious Problem. Please help me FRIENDS.?
I AM REALLY STUPID & SELFISH. I AM ADDICTED TO ( NO NOT SMOKING OR DRINKING ) TELEVISION , INTERNET, & LAZINESS. I CANNOT MISS MY FAVORITE SHOWS, I CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET FOR A...

I cut myself and nobody helps me even when i do get help from doctors it just doesn't work for me it just hurt
Well i am depressed and i don't like saying why i am because it is in my family and i wish i was dead all the time and cutting just makes it feel like i am alive even if i feel like i wasn'...

lokidrew
I quit smoking cannabis 2 years ago?
but over the last month i've been smoking it daily again.
now i'm trying to stop again and have not had any since last tuesday, but since then i've been feeling a bit grotty & headachey.

I know i could smoke some as its lying upstairs & i would soon feel 'better' but i want to stop for good again.

anyone else had troubles like this?

before i quit two years ago i smoked daily for about 16 years & I really do not want to do it anymore :~(
Additional Details
I just kind of drifted back into smoking it, a friend gave me some of his skunk & that was it i was off again...

K. F
Rating
Take a multi-vitamin and eat some fish and chips. (Or any type of fish you like) You might also take an aspirin. These will help with the headache.

I don't know what "grotty" is, though. You might take a brisk walk around the block to sort of get your body going again. If "grotty" means depression, there are exercises like smiling for 5 minutes at a time to fool your brain into releasing endorphins.

As for the smoking...I smoked cigarettes for 16 years and had a hard time quitting. I was finally able to do it when I bought a pack, left it sealed, put it in the pantry, and closed the door. I challenged myself every day (sometimes it felt like I was challenging myself every minute of every day) not to smoke. I didn't feel the panic of not having any cigarettes in the house, so I was in control. I kept telling myself that I was stronger than the addiction. Turns out I was right.

You can do it. You've done it before. Just don't obsess about smoking. Every time you think about it, redirect your thinking. Eventually it gets easier.

jennifer_juniper74
Rating
Just stop.

Mary A
Rating
Just quit and don't think about it.

redmarc316
Rating
First quit lying to yourself. From what you have told us, if you don't want to do it you won't. I also used to smoke every day, used to go through about an ounce and a half a week. Mind me, as you know ti was much cheaper then. I don't smoke much now, maybe if someone stops by and offers to burn. But I could care less if they do or not. Just stop buying cannabis and see what happen then. But you might be able to fool all these people, but you are not fooling me, and stop trying to fool yourself. If you really wanted to quit you would!!!!!!

sexy redd & B
take up another habit. do u know it takes 30 daysin urine 3-6 months in your hair and blood. to get rid of the THC this substance is connected to your fatty tissues. So, eat healthy and try another habit like. excerising

KERRIE S
Rating
i got the same problem mate been smoking it every day for the last 10 years im smoking it right now i wish i never but i aint got the will power to stop if u stopped befor u can do it again u got to say no i cant lets hope u can

susandenim@btinternet.com
Rating
well, it is with any thing that anyone is addicted to, once we stop we feel tired, **** up...so we take more and for a while we feel okay, until we have to take it again, and again and again!
But really if you want to quit... you just have to go through this period of feeling rough and all, I don't know when it will stop, it is different for everyone... but more power to you, as you state you have the stuff upstairs and albeit you feel like crap you have not taken any that takes will power which you must have lots of... don't worry.... you have to get worse until you get back to as you were before you took any drugs, it is like a spot it gets worse before it goes completely.
I think you are very strong, not only did you put this on here.. so you hang in there... wish I had that much will power!!! Good luck to you.

EnglishSurvior_23
Rating
Yes! Tell yourself its not an option at all and your life will be so much better. Its not harmful but it just stops you living your life

Emmie
Rating
Mate why are you smoking it again? Have you been having a stressful time lately, or are you bored?

I think you should quit again and consider moving from the area. At the moment you still have contacts who can get you weed. If you moved to another part of the UK where you didn't know anyone, you could make a fresh start.

Get a job if you don't already have one. Go to the gym after work or go running for free. Find SOMETHING to do: anything to keep your mind off the weed and stop you getting bored!

Don't beat yourself up about this relapse. Smoke the rest of it if you want to, as a final goodbye, then vow to never touch the stuff again.

Sometimes we go back to old habits because we don't realise how bad they are for us. I smoke (normal cigarettes), but I'm planning to quit some time next year. When I do quit, I plan to read loads of horror stories about what it does to your body, in order to keep me away from it. You should do the same.

Incidentally, I worked with schizophrenic patients for a year and about 90% of them were heavy cannabis smokers. It really messes your head up and unfortunately once the paranoia switch has been flipped, you can never flip it back. Trust me, you don't want to head down that road. Say goodbye to it and start fresh. You can do it.

xx Emmie

Fancy That
ok, if you try to shut yourself off cold turkey, it will be the only thing you think about. So maybe try this. Limit the amount of hits you take. Become the one-hit-wonder. You DO build up an immunity to pot, and if you start smoking it like a cigarette, you will be taking too much.

BUT, here is the kicker, When you take your single or double toke, GO DO SOMETHING ENJOYABLE & CONSTRUCTIVE. Put on your headphones and go running in the park. Start assembling a model airplane, fly a kite, what every fancies your tickle. Just do NOT watch tv, lay on your bed or play video games.

This should help you from falling into the 'smoke and do nothing until the couch as an imprint of my butt on it and I'm destined to become a big fat loser of a couch potato because I spend all my young years doing zero cause I was high all the time' syndrome.

spam
Then if you really don't want to do it you won't.i've never really thought about stopping ,its something i've always done.i think when you can over come the having to smoke it all day and just have one or two in the evening then you can control it better.

mizzmamma
Rating
just like any addiction it take time and will power, you should really chuck everything that reminds you of smoking out, my friend dabbles and finds it very hard to stop, its all about habits, do something different to occupy your mind and you will feel better in a couple of weeks when it is all out of your system the grotty feeling is your body getting rid of the toxins
good luck

kittybrains
Rating
do something else to preoccupy your time away from any one else who might do this with you! just don't sit around or you will keep doing it

paintmeblue719
ooh, ick- give it away! I know how it feels.. you come down, feel crappy, so you smoke more and feel better. Good luck, love. You should just finish it all at once- throw a party- then stop buying. Thats all i can tell you.

bugaboo
Its called addiction. And withdrawls.

wadacious
Rating
Hey hey hey hey.............
Smoke weed everyday!
Good luck to you.

John M
Reminds me about the guy who wanted to quit smoking cigars. He said "Heya doc, I wanna quit smoking cigars. Can you help me?"
The doc said "Try this: before you light one up, stick it up your butt as far as you can".
Two weeks later he returned and said "Heya doc! I have great news! I quit smoking cigars! But now there's a new problem...you see, I aquired this likeness of shoving cigars up my a........."

stukaville
Rating
Was in true cannabis, ie green bush or that shite resin people call cannabis what contains brick dust and bob martins dog tablets etc?

If people only smoked a natural source that wasn't a strong hybrid with abnormaly high THC, didn't mix it with tobacco and only smoked it twice a week, there would be NO problems.

robyoung3484
Rating
what you've gotta do is lose your dealer's number. you might be goin thru mental or emotional withdrawal, mainly b/c simply put, everything is more fun when you've gone bonkers from smoking.

if you plan on quitting, the next few days would have you feelin out of it and grotty. just eat lots of fruit (grapes and apples are delicious!) as snacks instead of smoking. those $10 can go towards buying mixed fruit instead of a bag of goodness.

good luck!

Makemeaspark
You need alternatives, walking, volenteer work, a new excercise program( I avoided this for years and now that I do it I love it).

New hobby or something to pour yourself into. Habitat for Humanity always needs help.

You can also visit a group called "Celebrate Recovery" which is for all kinds of addictions.

claire g
just treat it like you would normally with nicotine, coz withdrawl is withdrawl, no matter what drug it is.

to give up smoking, i kept as busy as possible, coz i found that when i was bored the cravings really got bad.

Find things to do...exercise, call a friend, go out for a walk etc.

Hope this helps, you have done great giving it up again, dont quit quitting!

SALSA
Rating
Don't quit quitting.

manic
Rating
good on ya.
Don't give in, stay strong, you are doing well.

CyberCommie
Rating
Have a couple of day a week free from draw, it will clear your head and make you feel a lot better.

acierinox
Rating
16 yrs on weed oh my i've heard it all now. whenever you get the urge to smoke another reefer, do something else like make some herbal tea or eat some fruit

Star
Rating
Aim going through the same, I stopped yesterday & I know how u feel, Pls stop. It costs u time & money.

brainlady
It's because you've had a break from it, so it seems much stronger- give it to a mate or chuck it out if you wish to give up.

Otherwise- keep smoking it and expect the consequences. I'm giving up drink at the moment- can keep upright on 3 bottles of wine, but if I had one now, after the break I would feel tipsy on two sips!

I'm no party pooper but it ain't rocket science that this stuff ain't good for your body- neat grass which is mild is maybe ok in small doses as is a glass of wine- but three bottles or loads of skunk made from chemicals is not.

Good luck- go for giving up if you can. When it's not enjoyable- what is the point? you'll feel better, look better and be healthier- not a lot to lose then!

JBaylus20
Man I know where you are right now. Really the only thing that helped me was to not have it in my house at all. Either flush it or finish the bag and stop for good. When you are a daily smoker and you want to stop but your just lying around the house bored you will have the need to smoke. So get rid of what you have get it out of your mind and erase your dealers number from your cell phone. Best of luck to you.

recovering christian
Rating
send it to me...
;)

â?‚ BlueBerry â?‚
Rating
wow, why ?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy