Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What is your belly button?
I know your belly button is where the umbilical cord broke off, but what is the point of it? Can it be surgically removed without harm? Why are people so squeemish about them? Just for fun!...

Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. ...

I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the ...

Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do ...

I have cutting scars on my arm, and they are too noticable...?
I've stopped cutting and now regret that I ever did so much.
I really want the scars to fade but they wont I have about 6 of the most noticable scars on ym arm. Thats wht ppl see instead of ...

My Hand hurts, should I go to the ER?
I have a really sore, swollen and kind of bruised hand. Parts are black and blue.

It hurts to move so badly that i have resorted to just sitting and crying. It functions properly, so my ...

He's killing himself HELP!!!?
my best friend has a bloodclot on the bottom of his back. It hurts him so bad that all he does is sleep. Now is exspelled from school. I told him all he's doing is making it stronger by staying ...

Does it hurt worse to be stung by a jellyfish or a wasp?

Additional Details
I'm not talking irakundji (the deadly jellyfish), but I mean the sting in general, size of the sting being proportionate....

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Joss K
My mouth has been scalded by some hot soup in a hotel. What would you do?
I had a bowl of soup in a hotel today and the soup was so hot that it has burned the roof of my mouth. The staff, in the hotel, were not at all interested. The manager filled in an accident form and that was all. I have just been to a hospital there are blisters in my mouth.

Char.latte♥♥
Rating
sue the hotel

Ricky J
Rating
for minor burns spreading sugar always helps - alot of suger...but thats normaly when it happens, I dont know if it would help now.

thequiteone2006
silly sod, i got blisters in my mouth but i got em off this bird i was doin at the weekend

pixiefeet
Rating
Hi just rinse with oraldene and make sure to blow your food before you take a sip of your soup in future. I can hardly say it was the hotels fault as they are not suppose to check the foods temp before they serve it to you.Isuppose you know it was cooked properly and that it wasnt cold.
Ive done ths before usually with pizzas. But if I was in a hotel I wouldnt thinkof complaining about the soup as it was my own stupid fault for not being careful and seeing how hot the soup was in the first place. I would just be happy it wasnt luke warm or cold in the middle. I would of moaned and said the soup burned my mouth but I would of put up with it gone to hospital if it was really bad and use oraldene to numb the pain.
I know how pain full they are but the Hotel can only apologise as really is wasnt there fault.

caffsans
do what the Dr suggests until it gets better==you would only have a big lawyer fee on your hands trying to sue the restaurant

louloubelle
You could write and complain to the hotel with a copy of your hospital record visit, but I am not sure it will get you anywhere.
I am guessing that there is probably no standard temp that food has/should be served at, but soup is generally served hot, and they will probably say you should have been more careful.

MILLIE
get some bicarb an put on the roof of your mouth

marcoporres
How did you do that? Was there no steam coming from the soupbowl? Did the spoon not feel hot in your hand?

Catwhiskers
take some responsibility for you own actions for goodness sake. You should have had more sense than to gulp down boiling soup-why should the hotel be to blame?
You will just have to wait until your injury heals, there is no cure for a burnt mouth.
No doubt you would have complained if they had served you cold soup.

Wiz
Rating
Well soup is hot so what order consomme next time

sunpat
blow it next time : )

The Devil Incarnate
More fool you for shoving a spoonful in your mouth without
testing it first, or blowing it a little..

proud2btysmom
Rating
Well...ya know the idiot that got burned by hot coffee at Mcdonalds won their lawsuit. It's a shame though that people buy hot items and manage to eat or drink the item as if it were not supposed to be hot. Did ya expect it to be anything other than hot? seriously?

boshnpecs
Think yourself lucky the soup wasn't cold

Angel Eyes
Rating
well, what do you want them to do/ you aren't a child, you know hot, don't act so stupid. they aren't responsible for what you put into your mouth.

PC
You should have blown on it before you put it in your mouth.

Derek D
Rating
This makes you sound like a total prat, I can't believe anyone would ask such a stupid question. Next time test it with your elbow, if it were cold you could have had a moan.

Oh !!... it's just occurred to me that you are looking for a free meal as compensation, you little devil you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eevaya
Rating
but soup is meant to be hot. If you don't like it hot wait for it to cool down.

marco f
Do i smell, No Win No Fee ?

ert_bound
Rating
It's really not that big a deal. And it's not the hotel's fault for serving you hot soup - that is generally how soup is served.

Just be careful with with you eat during the next couple of days. It should heal relatively quickly.

Try staying away from really hot stuff for now... cold/room temperature foods for now - ice cream is good!

Here's some advice for next time:

STEP 1: Check if there's steam coming off of the food
STEP 2: Use your hand to check the temperature of the dish [holding the food].

If the food's too hot, wait a bit and repeat steps 1 & 2. Or just blow on the food to cool it down. :-)

sanny
Soup is meant to be hot and common sense tells you to take a small sip to test the temperature first.You'll know next time.

?
Rating
I think most people know that soup is likely to be hot and don't just gulp it down.

Spike
Rating
Get mam ma to blow next time. How old are you? The accident form was filled in, what more do you want.
Save your medical notes and go see a lawyer, if you need to sue but you should take some responsibility.
Soup is usually hot......HOT I SAY.....

moomintroll77
before you sue them please flag down a black cab and head for real street, soup is generally hot unless of course its Gazpacho. Its like the fella that ate all that junk food and said he didn't know it would make him fat !!!!

The Transporter
Get over it and get on with your life. Soup is hot, except for gazpacho.

Do you want warnings in the glaze on all plates and bowls in all restaurants with a McDonald's style warning on it "Contents May Be Hot!"? Take some responsibiilty for your own actions and stop looking for someone else to blame.

richie
Rating
next time blow on it man

caliredneck67
I would have blown on it before I put it in my mouth. It is soup and therefore you should know that it is hot. Your fault not the hotels.

Meriskie
try waiting for it to cool down next time.

I'd rather have piping hot soup delivered to my table than tepid.

It's not the restaurants fault you burnt yourself.

rookethorne
Rating
This is self inflicted injury - most people would realise that soup is meant to be hot.

If you want to have a go at someone, try your parents - for not teaching you how to eat properly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy