Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

evilbunnyhahaha
Swollen newly peirced ears?
i had my ears peirced 3 weeks ago, 2 on my ear lobes and one at the top. a few days after getting them done the left bottom one swelled up. went down, with some extra cleaning and was no problem. yesterday in the matter of about 2 hours my top ear peircing swelled up to twice the size as normal, throbing away and nothing i've done all day has helped!
i've tried extra cleaning solution, surgical sprit, creams, sprays, salty water but nothing seems to help, infact it's getting worse! any one got any other ideas to help with the swelling?

anything would be helpful! ideally i'd like to keep it but if it has to come out its hardly the end of the world!
thanks!
Additional Details
the ear-rings are solid silver studs, not hoops. the ear is giving off blood, but it looks like watery blood? duno if that means much really!

Q cumber
Rating
I would take the ring out, it is probably going gangrenous and your ear is going to fall off.

Chokolates4u
Rating
Your going to have to remove it and let the infection drain. I'm guessing you have infection trapped in the ear with scabbing not letting it drain. Clean ear as earring well with hydrogen peroxide and place neo-sporin salve on post of earring before putting it back in ear hole.
If you can't get it to drain you need to seek a doctor.

lordkarl_1
Rating
it's infected. your body is rejecting the piercing. if you want to save the look of your ear, take out the earring.

Sabrina Devareoux
Rating
ice it now! then get to the doctor!!! thats severe.

Helen
Rating
Thousands of people have lost their ears to piercing !

You tried it didn't work so take it out .

Use cream intended for piles such as anusol ,

sounds ridiculous i know but it is the best antiseptic you can buy (think about where its usually used , it has to be good)

Babiedoll
Rating
Put a small hoop earring in it and keep cleaning it. I had the same problem . It needs air through the hole. the hoop earring won't bother you so much.

Blondie131
Rating
well u might have an allergy to whatever metal the earring is made of. i got my ears pierced for the firs ttime ever(with a gun) last march and it was totally fine but the next day it beagn hurting, 3 days later i realized the back was on too close to my ear so i losened it and the pain went away. if the backing is right against ur ear, try losening it...hope i can help. feel better

i didnt have any other problems though, no swelling or discharge

krissy s
Rating
i think you need to take it out trust me i had the same thing happen like two weeks ago i took it out and the swelling went down then i gave it a day or so after that and put it back in and its been fine so i hope i could help you plz return the favor and answer some of my questions

Dionannan
Get it Clean and dry and keep it clean and dry.
You have had the metal in your body for 3 weeks so I would not thing it was the type of metal the earring was made of.
So if cleaning it - not so much to irritate it - just clean and dry two to three times a day. If it does not calm down in a couple of days see a doctor.

kenzies mum
Rating
ice in a wet flannel. go to docs if it gets any worse, that is if you like your ears.

Joanne D
Remove the earring as you obviously have an infection and as you have realised no amount of cleaning has worked.

I had my nose pierced once and it swelled up and was incredibly sore. A few months later I had it pierced again and the same thing happened again - only the 2nd time I didnt take it out, it shot out when I sneezed. I had to accept that it wasnt to be.

peachschnappereturns
I can't wear earrings in the tops of my ears but the bottoms are fine.

have you tried changing the earring as you could be allergic to the ones you have in

Happy- Go
Rating
you need antibiotics

Kryptonian
Go to the doctor, you may have an infection and may need anti-biotics.

S P
Rating
please tell me you didn't get it done with a gun? If so then you have more then likely shattered your cartilage. If you did get it done with a gun take the piercing out ASAP, let it heal, and then get it done CORRECTLY. If you didn't then I would suggest cleaning it with sea salt soaks and having your piercer look at it. DO NOT TAKE IT OUT. If you do and it is infected then it can spread. Also any smart real piercer would not let you get all of those piercings done all at once. So, that has lead me to believe you have gotten it done at some little place with a gun. If you have TAKE IT OUT!

Pyrose
I have sensitive ears so I know what that is like. It might be that your ears are allergic to the type of material your earings are made of. This is only a suggestion though.

patricia.quigley@btinternet.com
Rating
after getting your ears pierced you need to wear hoops so you can turn them round often

cheezandcrackers_2000
Rating
You may be allergic to earrings that are made with nickel in them. Try trading out those posts for nickel-free earrings instead. My daughter has that problem and her ears had a bad reaction until we switched her to nickel-free earrings. Also do consider going to the doctor...not anything to mess around with.

trishfish165
I think you should see a doctor. It sounds like the piercings may be infected. You should have it checked out.

Bri
Rating
sad to say but that happened to me too what i did was just take it out and let it heal on its own just let it close mine swelled up because i have thick earlobes

nickly_belle
Rating
first, only use what they give yu. the stuff is made for these situations, and you dont wanna put nething on thts only gonna make it worse.

so give it a day or two, using wt you were given, and if it doesnt go down, go see a doc, as you may have an infection.
but it ould just be ur body's reaction to having a bit of metal rammed through ur ear...

also it depends where you had it doen. if it was done at a salon, it might just be a normal infection, hts easy to clear up. if it was done at a dodgy shop, or a market, or by a friend with a needle and ice cube, it'll be more likely to be infected as the gun they will have used will not be cleaned between clients, so theres a higher risk of infection.

if it doesnt clear itself up, go to the doc.

Kit Kat
Rating
Make sure you're earring isn't too tight. If it is then it will swell and begin to look like it's dissappearing inside your ear. Also, I pierced my ears 3 weeks ago and the lady told me that if any itching or swelling occurs NOT to use alchole but Nion. I belive that's what it's called.

God luck and I hope the pain goes away.

audine
betadine ointment.. helped my belly piercing.. took a while.
alcohol when I was young on my ears.

. SpaceAlien(NoSpaces)
the posts arent too tight are they? what are the ear rings made of?

Agent319.007
Rating
You have an infection. Go to the place that you had your earlobes pierced and ask them to pay for the doctor bill. Show them the receipt that you had your ear pierced and talk to management, not the sales people.
Let them know that you are going to emergency to cure your infection. As soon as the bill comes in, have them pay.
If they refuse to pay the bill, take them to court.

tavaresbullpup
go back 2 the place u got them done @ and ask what is rong

Elke B
Rating
I for example am allergic to nickle( as many people are, u2?) and gold(lucky lucky man that ends up with me), copper and palladium.... some silver earings are also not pure enough
Titanium studs are great, not as expensive as I first assumed.
Get some and try:))

ballerina
It is normal to experience some soreness and perhaps a very very small amount of swelling after getting them pierced. But it sounds to me like you may be experiencing infections. Usually, the piercer will give you some special solution to apply to your piercing holes 3 times a day for the next 6-8 weeks. Remember that you must turn your earings several times a day as much as possible!!! This will help the new holes stay open so that they do not close up on your earing! It is very important that you turn them! I cannot emphasize enough!!!
However, if you are following all of these steps, then perhaps you should return to the piercer to discuss any of your issues!
Good luck!

SusanS, Incognito
It sounds like you have an infection or an allergic reaction. See your doctor. Good luck.

ray75117
You're probably allergic to the silver studs. Silver is not completely clean when placed against an open wound. Until the ear heals, you should use gold or surgical steel. The person who did the piercing should have advised you of this. Also, make sure the size of the stud is not too large for the hole that piercing needle produced. Use bacitracin ointment as a lubricant for the stud and turn it often during the day to keep it from sticking.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy