Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I this is weried but in surgery do the let you wear underwear?

Do I need a tetnus shot? drill bit injury...?
Okay, nice one -- I was drilling a hole and the drill bit wasn't in tight, the bit went at an angle into my finger. Traumatic, lots of blood and quite a hole, but I didn't hit bone, it ...

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

k_petty22
What should you do if you had an ingrown toenail?
i have had an ingrown toenail for about a week and it didnt start hurting until this morning when i woke up. what should i do 2 get rid of it or itleast make it stop hurting bcuz i have softball practice 2night at 5:00 plz help it hurts really bad!! thanks alot

:)
Rating
Go get a pedicure. They'll remove it for you.

kimmy.baby♥
just go to your doctor and they will put you on antibiotics to make it go away,
if it happens a few times after that they will refer you to the hospital to get it taken out,
i always used to get them.

Louise
nail straightener

Stacey s
Clip a small V in the middle of the toe nail. The V will encourage the nail to grow toward the center. Soak your toe in warm salt water. Since its hurting there may be an infection. If the pain persists, the toe is swollen, or you notice discharge go to the Doctor.

k a t aaaaaa <3
Rating
i had that......
go to the doctor and get a pedicure.

stuartsangel45
what you have to do is take some toenail clippers and dig down into you toe to get the part that is ingrown out and cut it as if you are cutting a triangle

nite_angelica
Rating
Go get a pedicure and tell them you have an ingrown toenail. They do a great job and with very little pain (if any).

hailey
Rating
you're going to have to go to a foot dr.
don't play softball w/ it either, it will just make it more painful

matilda3248
cut the nail.. then thin out the top of your nail

crissy
All i can say is OUCH! I would soak your feet in hot water to soften the skins on your feet and toes. They I would take a pair of tweezers and toenail clippers and work with the toenail until i was able to cut it out. I have no clue though, so you may want to consult with a dr or go to the dr for a more sepcific correct answer.

Jesus freak
i hda really bad ngown toenail my mom took me to a foot docor it took about 4 weeks after the doctor's visit until i could walk withut being in pain. if u call they will make a appointment 4 u

Me!
This happens to me a lot!
I would either try and go get a pedicure, or if you cant do that, soak your foot in hot water (as hot as you can stand) for like 15 mins. Then get nail clippers with the little file that pops out, and sort of dig carefully from the middle of your nail 'till the end. You'll see the part thats ingrown pop out sort of. its probably sharp looking
It's going to hurt A LOT but soaking helps and you'll feel better soon after!
whatever you do DON'T CUT the ingrown part, or it will just grow back. try and file it with the nail clipper file.
Good luck!

soprano20
ouch um i dunno....see a doctor is the best bet....or call one at least

Brad H
Rating
Often you can lift the nail up and over the toe which will provide temporary relief.
I left an ingrowing tonail for months and it got very bad and very infected, the pain went but I did need to have a quick and painless minor operation which sorted everything.

See a doctor ASAP, leaving it will make it worse.

darkangel
Jump on it! don't wait, start soaking it in epsom salts and water, keep it out in the air, and try not to wear shoes and socks. Put tape on it to pull the skin away from the nail.

Done D
Rating
you can't do much about it now... you're going to have to live with the pain until you go see a pediatrist who can remove about half of your toenail...it's painful but works for a while.

youwin500dalla
Rating
let ig grow out, dont cut it back past the skin, even if its sharp on the edge. wait for the area to feel better and then keep it long but you can keep it down a bit

Tonya B
Rating
i know this sounds nasty but take a finger nail filer the ones wit a point on it and get it out yourself thats what i do it hurts like hell but it will work.

liesl
go see a doc-do NOT go see a nail person, they could make it worse..in fact when I get them most often now is after I got a Pedi.
I have always put a little bit of cotton under the corners of my nails to prevent and fix ingrown nails (if they aren't infected or too bad yet.) It works miricles. To prevent them in the future always cut your toenails straight across and don't but down on the sides!

LalaGirl(L)
Get a pedicure, tell your mom , she might take you to get one.
I had one, and I picked at it , and then cut it:P OUCH it hurt, probably not a good choice...:PBut it was gone, and never came back!

Jay P
you can take out the shard of nail yourself and then it won't hurt anymore. it will eventually grow back into the same place if you just let it. Stick a piece of cotton in it under the corner of your nail and leave it and it will grow over it so it won't happen again.

Believe me it works.

Bella
Rating
I had an ingrown toenail and what you need to do is see if it is puffing of bleeding... and if it is try to get under the toenail and get rid of stuff that looks like its doing anything. Then souck it in warm water every night!
I hope I helped!

Belinda J
If it is infected you will have to sterilize a needle and re leave the pressure that will ease the pain. second you will have to cut the toenail out of the sore spot. Third shave your nail or file the surface down as thin as you can and wear looser shoes. the key to ingrown toenails is to prevent them from getting infected. the nail grows down into the skin so any pressure from shoes will make it worse. soak the toe in warm water before you attempt to remove the nail this softens the nail and makes it easier to cut away from the skin........i have to do my boyfriends often. I finally realized his toenails are so thick i have to shave them down using a blade and if we keep them shaved down his shoes do not push his nail down into his skin and he has less infections, his nail is able to grow out instead of down

mackdriver101
you have to have it removed. i had the same problem. it hurt when i walked, my socks were real bloody at the end of the day, hurt like hell when i walked on my flat foot. go get it looked at by a foot doctor and see what he can do. if you do this fast enough, he may be able to save your toenail.

halleee_xox
well you cant do anything tonight..
make an appointment at a foot doctor, and have them remove it .

i have a really bad problem with them too, and i've had to get the "surgery" done three times..
but when they cut out the side of the toenail, they can put a medicine on the side of your nail plate, so that the nail CANT grow there anymore..

it doesnt hurt any, except they do have to give you numbing shots at first..

i hope things work out!
get this done as soon as possible, because the longer you wait the worse they will get.. trust me!

Em B
what you should do is cut the toenail as straight across as you can. I've had an ingrown fingernail and after i did that you should just forget about it for as long as you can, and eventually the skin around it will peel easily off. just be careful

â™ ttc-crazyâ™ 
Rating
I get these on a regular, at one point i had to go to the podiatrist.

I normally go get a pedicure also, and they remove it..however this last time- they made it worse & it got infected.

My father told me to put bag balm on it and wrap it up. (its meant for animals) but i'll tell you..it's been drawing out the infection and whatever was left in it. It's also made if feel so much better!

steve
Rating
go to a doctor and get it removed otherwise if u take it out urself it will come back

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy