Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

Have you ever got anything stuck in any of your orifices?
I once got a little green bead stuck right up my nose. It made me cry because my nose started bleeding. The doctor took it out with a giant pair of tweezers....

rohanvharrison
Help my dad might die?
my dad was riding his bike and sopemone backed out and hit him and he has to go to the emer room my mom just called to say i have to give the dog food and stuff and please tell me somethign i can do i fell so helples ='((((((((((((((((((((((((((

jason c
buy him a medicene

Kimchi
Rating
Your poor dad.

IF it seems SEVERE or FATAL- try raising money, go around your neighborhood with flyers of what happened and try to get as much support as possible! Remember to pray for your dad and talk to him as much as possible! God bless you and your father.

giggly33
Rating
Just stay hopeful and prayerful. My dad was killed by a drunk driver so he went suddenly. All I can tell you is to stay positive NO MATTER WHAT!

Shellie S
Rating
jump your but in the car and go be with your mother. NOW

** i Am hiS giRL **
Rating
um...sorry to hear it. send lots of flowers and pray to whatever god you worship.

helpertoall
Rating
i wouldnt worry to much. he will probably be just fine. good luck hope he'll be fine!

Wanna-Be-Mommy
Rating
I am so sorry!

Personally, I would feed the dog and try and get over to the hospital. It will make you feel a little bit better, knowing that you are there with your dad.

Also, I suggest that you pray. You and your family will be in my prayers.

c h
pray

kitKat
Pray for god to help you

Danielle P
Rating
I would make sure you stay in touch with your mom. Your dog can always go without a meal, it's not going to be that important. It sounds more like she wants to distract you, and I understand why she would do it. Call the hospital and ask for patient information. Sometimes they will give you some basic information. They may also connect you to the emergency department where you can speak to your mom or dad, if you are having trouble getting ahold of them. Try not to stress out too much, and be patient. If the other driver was backing out, they were hopefully not going very fast. Your father may be roughed up a bit, but hopefully that's it. Make sure the family keeps you updated though, to relieve some of your fears.

Linzer
I always find comfort in my religion. Maybe you might also? I always pray for peace of my mind and heart. That thy will be done. And it helps put things in prospective.

chibi_ash14
I'm so sorry. Can you not go see him? Be calm and stay positive. just hope and pray for his safety. I would try and get a ride up there though to be there for him.

oxoxteeteexoxo
dont worry, dont panic the right thing was to go to the emergency room, and im sure the docters will be able to fix and problems... im sorry, just dont panic

Cheryl B
First of all, your mom probably doesn't know more than you do. Right now her first priority is your dad and doing what she can to help him. It's scary when your mom or dad gets hurt and you are out of the loop. Help your mom by doing what she asks of you and she will get in touch with you when she knows more. Remember, it takes time to run tests and get results, so don't freak if she doesn't call right away. Just keep your dad in your prayers and so will we. Good luck and best wishes.

monalisa
Rating
just do whatever your mom told you to do.. when you're done and ur age are older enough... just go there to be with your dad... if not... just wait ...for the phone.

love... and be bless

mother_amethyst
Calm down, and take some deep breaths.

If your dad was seriously injured, and your mom took him to the ER (instead of an ambulance), it's unlikely that he's badly hurt enough to die.

If he was that badly hurt, your mom would probably want you there at the hospital. And she wouldn't even be thinking about the dog.

It so very hard to be the one at home waiting at a time like this. Is there anyone who can come be with you? An aunt or neighbor or friend?

You are learning a hard lesson very young. That lesson is, sometimes there is NOTHING we can do. It's scary to feel so powerless. Some things in life we have no control over.

So the best thing you can do is:
1) think positive thoughts,
2) do the things your mom asked you to do,
3) keep taking deep breaths,
4) do what you would usually do. Do your homework, take your bath, eat some supper, if you have younger brothers and sisters help them out and take care of them. Keep your routine as normal as possible.
5) pray or send loving and healing thoughts to your dad and mom.

You'll be okay, it's really hard to wait but you can do it!

Doc B
Rating
I'm sorry friend, but without actually being there to see him or knowing anything about his history, there is no way I could even guess as to what is going on.

Considering that driveways are fairly short and that normal people back out of them at a slow rate of speed, it would be logical to assume that the worst he could have is some broken bones. But again, a lot of this has to do with his past medical history.

I'll pray for your dad.

mmcchic23
Just pray for him for now. He knows you love him, thats all that matters. I wish u the best

Diana D
Rating
it depends how old your dad is. i feel really bad for you :((((((((((((((((. he most likely won't die though. just have faith, and prey for him every day...i am a religious person:P
God bless you and your family

mysticduder
Try your best to stay calm, and supportive. If someone was backing up, they probably were not going too fast. If your dad is 90, there's a lot more of a chance of big problems then if your day is 50...but there's no way to know yet what his injuries are.. Stay calm brother!

hayley m
firstly *hugs* and dont worry it will only make it seem worse than it is
secondly im sure that he will be fine if he was in serious danger then your mum would have been too worried about him to tell you to feed the dog
also doctors today can do amazing things so im sure he is in good hands
hope he gets better

Ferddaword
Rating
Positive thinking, think that he will be alright and it'll happen. I'm thinkin he'll be ok right now.

darlene100568
Rating
I hope I`m right on this one but if your dad was dieing I dont think your mom would even have the thoughts of telling you to feed the dogs.I know how you feel.My 2 year old is at the hospital right now with asthma and I had to stay home and take care of the other 5 kids and my elderly step dad.I would do anything to be at the hospital with my son.His dad took him so I`m sure he will be ok.Just on pins and needles not being there and not knowing what is going on with him.

Shibi
Rating
The human body is much stronger and more resilient than you can imagine. I'm sure that the doctors will check his injuries and that he will be home with you very soon. Your mom just wants to make sure that you continue with the routine at home while she goes to be with your dad. Do not worry too much until you know more. He probably just took a spill or tumble from his bike. It sounds to me as though the best thing you can do now is to try keeping your spirits up and to be there for your dad and mom. (And, feed the dog, of course!).

David K
Rating
Stay calm and think positive, Hospitals have excellent doctors so try not to worry .

Kelly
Just calm down a bit. I'm pretty sure your dad will be fine. He might have a few broken bones, though.

ace
First of all, relax. Try not to panic. If your father went to the emergency room then he is in good hands. If someone backed out and hit him chances are they weren't going very fast. So, he may be bruised and stiff and sore but hopefully nothing too traumatic. I know this can be a scary time for his loved ones but nothing would make this situation any worse than to have the loved ones panicking. Stay close to the phone if it makes you feel better as I am sure your mother will call you to keep you updated. I hope this helps and I hope your father is bike riding again, soon.

KK
god bless you and your family and i'll keep you in my prayers

minalerie
Rating
Stay by the phone, call your mom, and see if she can get you, or tell you what e-room he is in. Find someone to take you down there. I'm so sorry for this happening, I wish I could do something for you!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy