Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

I cut myself for the first time...?
I did it for the first time ever today...and when i did it, i blacked out. I dont remember anything except looking at my bloody wrist...im scarred because i dont want to do it again....

Ouch! right between the legs!?
we had a big game of basketball today after school. I went for a pass and hit another girl from the other team right in the face causing her to tumble over. I came over and stood above her to see if ...

What's wrong with me..?
I was sitting on my couch, and began to walk across the room. All the sudden, I blacked out.. I grabbed the entertainment center, and next thing I knew I was laying on the floor.. my hands were ...

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

SJ xoxo
How can I make bruising disapear quicker - I have a black eye!!! :-(?

Additional Details
I had a little clubbing incident for all of you that want to know!!! Thanks for the help by the way!!!

grumpcookie
put toothpaste on it..i have not tried this myself. but heard it works dont get in your eye though.

Bea
Lavender oil.

librarian
Treat bruises on your skin by limiting the bleeding. You can do this by cooling the area with ice packs – place ice cubes or frozen vegetables in a plastic bag, wrap in a towel, and press over the area.

2"CUTE"2B30
Rating
MASSAGE THE AREA TO BREAK UP THE BLOOD AND USE COLD COMPRESSES; LIKE ICE PACKS

Jenny
arnica is said to help bruising disappear. If it's an old bruise heat will increase circulation and hopefully help move it, cold compress if it's recent.

Lisa P
Rating
Witch Hazel will bring the bruising out quickly, then cover with foundation. How did you get a black eye?

Kin E
Rating
don't laugh but this might help, but it's for hickys
get a spoon and put it in the freezer for a while, then rub in on the area
or get a comb and rub in on the area

it really works, not that i would know . . .

canada grl
Rating
cold compresses....how's you get it?

nicksparta
Rating
I hate to be trite, but a raw beef steak compress actually works.

imasooite
I heard a steak works. But who really wants a steak on their face?

Jennifer T
Rating
Put makeup on it.A little base on and some eyeshadow.Even some powder will do the trick.If you don't go near the person or thing that gave you the black eye,then you should be fine.As long as you keep taking it off at night and on in the morning and use oil free makeup.That way you won't have pimples to worry about.

Blue
oooh, how did you get it?
when I get a bruise I never seem to get to the black stage, first it goes yellow then I seem to stick at blue
I've heard arnica's a whizz but don't apply it on broken skin, it smarts

ginger_cow
If you get to it quick obviously an ice pack will help. After this try Arnica - you can get it from the chemist as a gel or cream and it reduces bruising quite effectively

skababe
comfry leaves. soaked in warm water placed on the bruise will draw the bruise out and is usualy gone in about 8 hrs if kept repeating with new comfry leaves and warm water.

martino
If very very recent, like within one hour or two, cold compresses and ice packs.

If over several hours old, hot compresses.

The theory is early on, you want to keep blood from seeping into the tissue. Later on, you want to unclot it and get it moving back out of the tissue.

beer monster
If you massage a bruise it goes away faster.

Tracy
Rating
lots of ice

rose_merrick
Rating
Ice, arnica or calendula herbal cream is good - and the arnica tablets are good too - buy in chemist over counter

pieman_21
use arnica - get from boots or chemist (maybe chemist) or supermarket.

Its so fast that by tomorrow the brusing will be hardly noticeable.

thirstypatty
wear specs.

Star
Sounds disgusting, put vinegar on some make up pads and let it soak in. It wll bring the bruisin out quicker

Pink Laydee
Make - up helps to hide it. Take lots of vitamins too that'll help to get rid of it.

Foxy
Rating
Use witch hazel gel or lotion from all good chemists, or you can use Arnica cream.

RACHELJMGBGT
Rating
arnica is very good

patsakir
there is an ointment that help...in my country is called lasonil....along with iron water....Ask for these at a drug store...there are not expensive

S19SER
try using arnica cream. you'll get it in boots or any chemist. it should clear it up in a day or two.

katiee04
try a cold tea-bag

brock
I`ve always heard that putting a slice of raw bacon on it helps it somehow? Never tried it, yet?

xlixyloux
put toothpaste on it!!! it works i had one a few weeks ago that broke the skin and i put toothpaste round it and it went within 4 days!!!

He_Knows_Me
Take a fine tooth comb and run over the bruise lightly, the fine teeth of the comb will break up the blood vessels and it will disappear.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy