Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

How soon after stepping on a rusty nail do you need to get a tetanus shot? Can you wait a couple of weeks?
My wife is on vacation in Florida and stepped on a rusty nail. It pierced her shoe and left a mark on her foot, but her foot did not bleed. She's wondering if she needs to get a tetanus shot ASAP...

Do I need to go to the Emergency Room?
I was out in the sun all week long and I still feel nauseous and dizzy. I got really badly sunburned to. I dont want to go into the ER only for them to tell me that nothing is wrong but I feel like ...

How Do You Know If A Bone Is Broken??
Foot went completely under leg, ankle is swollen severely, black, blue extremely painful...not able to fully weight bare, though can hobble.

Sprain or break?...

Big toe stuck in a bowling ball?
I asked this yesterday and its still stuck. What happen was yesterday morning I was sitting in the chair. I was rolling a bowling ball around with my feet and toes. I put my big toe in the thumb hole ...

My principle choked me and i dont know what to do?
my principle choked me slammed med down to the ground and i pulled his tie and then he picked me up and then he twisted my arm back and he tried to break it what to do the police wont lock him up ...

Help with a burn?
i was curling my hair the other night and i burnt my cheek with my curling tongs...the skin actually bubbled and im left with a big mark on my cheek...it will definitely scab...i just need help on ...

After getting a MASSAGE, should the therapist be tipped?

Would you cry?? (continued. . .)?
6. If you got stung by a wasp?
7. If you got a tattoo?
8. If you got a 3rd degree burn on your stove?
9. If your boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with you?
10. If you cut your hand ...

How much pain can you take.. Whatever causes it. from -0 to +10?

Additional Details
Mind over matter....

How do I stop cutting my wrists?
I'm 15 and I been cutting my wrists for about 8 months and now I can't stop. I do it when i get sad or depressed which is pretty often. I've tried seeing a counselor but it only helped ...

Dont call me stupid or i need help but how do you brake your arm my arm?
my arm is really sore and its clicking i went to the hospital and they said theres nothing wrong with it and i cannot move it please help me brake my arm ...

I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'...

Should I be ashamed?
Since I was younger I've had a long scar running down the side of my face from an accident. Also I have scars from my more dangerous (let alone unexperienced) skateboarding days.

I�...

How can i make myself sleepy?

If you had broken your leg and your foot was itching how could you scratch it when you have a cast on?
Just interested to what you would do........

How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them ...

Define loneliness for you?

Pray for my son?
My son Troy is in the hospital because of a car wreck. He is only 10! It happened yesterday,right now he is doing okay but I just ask everyone to please pray for him! Thanks guys!
Additional D...

I hit my head very hard and now I am keep falling asleep but I'm not tired?
What is wrong with me?
Additional Details
I dad have a concussion, I also have a cracked skull. : P I ahve to back for a CAT scan tommo. They have to take precautions because my brain is ...

Could my foot be broken?
i stood on a stone now cant walk on my foot so ...

superstar tradesman
I have had water in my ear for 2 days?
will it come out by itself or will i need to go to doctor

can it do any lasting damage if i don't go to the doctor

Tilly
You're in danger of an ear infection.
I would go visit your doctor to get some anti-biotics.

Susan M
Rating
I don't know if you can get it yourself, but I have heard and tried using a blow dryer on my ears to dry them. It worked for me!

Billbob
Rating
heat up a drop of olive oil on a tea spoon
pour it into your ear before you go to bed
cover your ear with a bit of cotton wool and
when wake the next morning it should all be gone

and remember to clean your ear

Keith3218
Rating
Was it through swimming ? If so yes it will eventually work its way free - if not you may want to check with your GP - maybe a ear infection ?

Hope you are "water free" soon

pepper.money
Rating
should go out by itself..its just swimmers ear i have never heard of it doing lasting damage

Natty DA REAL
In a serious answer there is one of those pumping tool that you can put in your ear, pump and it will take the water out.

cor blimey
no you blown your nose too hard it will settle in a few days time if its the same by Monday then id go the Dr's

jc2006
Stand on your head. Seriously. When I was younger I used to swim the whole summer and I would always get water in my ear.

CAT
Fluid in your ear COULD cause an infection. Try putting some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and let one small drop drop into the canal. It should dry up the water. This practice is used a bunch for swimmer's ear. DRs also have ear drops for this.

♫Hania♫
i think theylle laugh if u go for that

dreams
it will sort itself out
go to bed with a small bit of cotton wool in your ear and try to sleep on that side :)

sarahanne
Rating
sounds like a personal problem... jk... it will come out eventually...

James P
Rating
I always get water in my ear. what i do to get it out is stomp my left foot real hard and shake your head you could also take some ear drops that flushes the water out also but it could be an ear infection so if those two dont work i would say go to the doctor

Beatlemaniac
Rating
It should come out, dont worry!!! If you feel unsure visit your GP

Feleona
Rating
I've had that problem before. Best thing to do is go to the doctor. Because it could get worse. However there is some over the counter medicine that you can purchase at Wal-mart for swimmers ear.

david m
Rating
No need to worry. It will only make your ear heavy for some time but it will sooner dry out.

Argothar
Have a trampoline or something soft and bouncy? Fall on it as hard as you can, or flip and land on your side, it should come out that's how I do it :)

mbp
Rating
Go get some Water Babies ear drops. Contains mostly alcohol and it will dry out your ears.

Camilla the First
Rating
Your'e lucky - I've had water in the brain for years!!!

Anyway, pull the lobs of your ears and tilt your head - it should come out - if not its probably a bit of wax which has moved so get your ears syringed. And don't worry its not serious. xx

tshnobodysfool
Use some aurodry - you can get it from any place with a pharmacy usually and over the counter. Divers/swimmers use it.

glgl
Rating
get some hydrogen peroxide, pur a few drops in your ear, it'll have afizzing effect & really clears up wax etc in the ear, although I haven't tried it for water.
Have you tried hopping on your ear? (drop the ear witrh water facing the floor & hop on the same side leg, usually works for me).
Don't mess with ur ear too much, when I was little,people used to experiment with eveyrthing when I ha dear problems, some would blow cigarette smoke in my ear, some would cover it with heated towel etc...! it didn;t help!

James
ahhahaa.. hilarious..

English H
Rating
you could possibly get an infection

but usually water in your ear dries out within a day
get it checked

Mike!69
Rating
Try this lie down on the side where the water went in and puch on it with you finger hold if for 5 seconds keep doing it it always happens to me and it comes out warm..

AJBLCMA
Rating
tilt your head and pour a little bit of alchol in your ear and let it be there for a minute and then let it out, after a minude use peroxide. that will do the trick and it wont damage your ear at all. thats what we use in out offce for ear irrigations, which a dr will do if you go anyways.

toralind
Rating
Don't worry it should go away soon. I've had water in my ear for a few days and then it just went away.

I don't believe it will cause any damage, but if it's still there in a week or so you should consult a doctor.

Ruphus B Tripehound
Rating
go to the doc or it could drown your brain

Outspoken but Honest
you need a tap on the head dude

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy