Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

Yesterday i ran a marathon on a treadmill totally naked, and barefoot. now my feet hurt. what do i do?

I'm 5'10 and I weigh 145 lbs. is that fat??
What weight would be good??
Additional Details
My body is all proportioned but i have really long legs ...

Does thinking burn calories?
i've been wondering, does thought burn calories?...

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

maddball26
I go regularly now to 24 hour fitness gym, I need to lose about 200 pounds what exercies should i do?
mostly ive been walking the treadmill for half an hour and riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes and things like that. any hep or ideas or suggestions????

Samiul
Rating
200 pounds?

well, first off, change your diet. put down the twinkies fatty, and start eating vegies.

once you start to lose some weight, work your way up to light jogging, then running, and then sprints. Ull lose lots of weight and bodyfat

Built Ford Tough54
Pilates!!!! I tell this to everyone it's kinda difficult but it really works try it!!!! it takes a while to get used to and just eat healthy a lot of green veggies hehe good luck! =]

Becky S
Well too lose that much weight you must really speak with your doctor. It will take diet and exercise plus other support persons to help you maintain not only a positive attitude wile you lose but to be able to keep some or all of it off once you do lose it. Lifestyle changes will be a big plus also. There are many things we do in our ordinary lives that we do not realize cause us to make certain decision. For sure cut out sugary drinks and work out portions. Don't beat yourself over the head when you don't lose but be more determined to stay the course it will come. It takes time to put things on and it will take time to take them off. You could also set mini goals and then reward yourself with a non-food item. I know these are not exercises but they are important also. I would recommend walking out of doors as an alternate to just doing the treadmill, and it's free:) The gym should have personals trainers and dietitians that can help you chose the right exercises, plus without your health history no one should make those kinds of decisions except you and your doctor.

CP
not just exercise but diet,

First off cancel your gym membership thats a waste of money.

Remember PE class back in school?
Pushups,situps,leg levers, pull ups, dips, lunges,squats,walkjog un
Eat only: fresh fruits and veggies, beans , rice, whole wheat bread, low fat milk, lots of water, tuna is ok

C
Rating
Good for you for making the commitment to your health! I think that is totally awesome. Maybe you should think about talking to a trainer who can give you a good workup? They can be expensive if it is ongoing - but most gyms give you a free diagnostic and maybe some pointers on what to do. If you can afford it - even 6 lessons or so might be enough to get you started and losing weight fairly quickly. Don't neglect nutrition. I've found weight watchers to be very helpful in the past.

It sounds like you need to do cardio (which is what you are doing) - but you need to be in the target range for burning fat. I'm not an expert so I'll defer to others that might have more to say.

Ms. Angel..
You should ask the trainer at the gym for suggestions, it is hard to tell you what exercise to do, since we don't know what is offered at the gym.
eat sensible small healthy meals, and healthy snacks in between meals.
Drink 8 glasses (64 ounces) or more of water daily..
It will all take time, you didn't gain the weight overnight.
Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT! Do it for "YOU"

meatyalien
that sounds pretty good, i would do them for longer periods tho, that really isn't long enough

♥ Wasn't ME?? ♥
Rating
You're off to a awesome start!!!

As you are a member of a gym you should see a trainer as they can give you program designed just for you. They will take you around the gym and show you how things work and what exercises you should do, how many sets and reps. They will also be able to monitor your progress.
If you have trouble staying motivated or want that extra push you should see about Personal Training as it really does make a difference.

What you are doing is a great way to start with training (You don't say your age, any health problems or how long you have been doing it!)

Here is a basic program for you...
* Warm-up: 10 minutes (on any cardio machine, though take it easy if you have high blood pressure and/or joint problems)
* Cool-Down: 5 minutes (On any cardio machine)

Cardio: Aim to do 1 hr of cardio 4 - 6 days per week
* 30 minutes treadmill walking at a speed that you can hold a conversation.
* 30 minutes stationary bike - if you are able to, do a few sprints on the bike (1 minute comfortable pedal, 10 - 30 seconds as fast as you can)

Weights: Aim to do 2 - 3 times per week
Ball Squats:-
* Lean on the ball on a solid wall
* Stand with your feet shoulder width apart
* Keep your back straight and pushing your butt against the ball, squat down while breathing out.
* Make sure your knees do not go over your ankles.
* You should go down so your thighs are parallel to the floor
* Go back to starting position while breathing in
* Do 3 sets
* Do 12 - 15 reps

Chest Press (Your gym should have a chest press machine!)
* Sit on the sit with your back straight and shoulders down
* Grab the handles with your palms facing down.
* Make sure your hands are inline with your underarm, if not adjust the seat.
* Push the handles out in front of you while breathing out. (You should have a slight bend in your arms at the elbow)
* With controlled movements bring the handles back to near your underarm while breathing in.
* Do 3 sets
* Do 12 - 15 reps

Seated Row (Your gym should have a seated row machine)
* Sit with your back straight and shoulders down
* Grap the triangle bar with 2 hand grips (Your palms will be facing in)
* Pull the bar towards your chest while breathing in
* With controlled movements go to straighten your arms while breathing out (Make sure there is a slight bend in your elbow)
* Do 3 sets
* Do 12 - 15 reps

Once this gets easier (or after 6 - 8 weeks) you will to have a new program.

Any questions just email me!

GOOD LUCK!!

This Kid
Rating
More cardioid! and add weights!

Ditch the treadmill and the bike do 40 -60 min on the eliptical thats like doing bike and treadmill times 4!

Also see if they are doing that biggest looser promo where you get sessions with a personal trainer for cheep. and pay close attention to what they teach you.

dejamanu
Rating
CARDIO! CARDIO! CARDIO!

AEROBICS AND DANCE-EXERCISES ARE WAY MORE FUN AND THEY GET YOUR HEART PUMPING.

AEROBICS, DVDS AT HOME, IM SURE THAT GYM MIGHT HAVE AEROBICS CLASSES. THE MORE U SWEAT THE MORE CALORIES YOU BURN, THE MORE FAT YOU LOSE.

EAT HEALTHY, AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

(i bought the TurboJam online, and it works great, it has a 20 min workout, and by the first 4mins i am usually sweating alot, and its fun, it has music and it gets you going. its not boring, and better than being in front of people if you are shy, you could do it at home. :)....)

GOOD LUCK.

Rachael C
Rating
I'd add weights. The more muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolism will be.

For your cardio, you might try high intensity interval training. It's really made a difference for me. You can read a little about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training.

Sounds like you're off to a great start! Good luck!!!

gds2800
Aren't there any fitness trainers there?
If not you are in the wrong gym.

Exercise alone will not help you to reach your goal.

You also need to think about your dietary intake.
Take it slowly, a couple of lbs a week is an advance, and sufficient to give you encouragement to be harder with yourself.

You don't say how the 200lbs got there. So absent any knowledge as to whether this was a result of a medical condition, or an accident ,or simple indulgence on your part, I can say no more.

Think about it,

Gina.

John M
well if 200 is right, first you need to see a doctor and get his or her approval. This is for your health as weight loss can effort your heart and a few other organs you have.

second, lots of water, about 22 glass of water a day, 12 oz. size. no pop or candy and no sugar at all, non.

second you need to map out your food intake a day and after a week review it and see what your taking in for a ave.

Walking is good , but better yet is the pool, if you walk in the pool the water helps you exercise, and the water supports your body mass and lets you move more and loose more.

Water aerobics would be good when your up to it. hot tubs and sweat rooms or steam rooms help you too.

good luck, I lost 35 lbs this year so far and I did it with out sugar, and bread. I did keep ice cream, but a small bowl, not the box, and one pop a week.

Elizabeth M
Rating
those are really good things to get your heart going...You can lift weights (help you get more musclure)....do sit ups, squats, push ups and ect. try to work 10 sits

hot_sugga
up your time on the treadmill you've got aalot to loose and walking is the best until you loose little more weight you don't want to over do like injure your joints or cause any excessive cardio stress

Shauna P
Rating
You should really see a trainer. You don't have to do it every time you go but he/she can set up a workout program based on your specific needs. Sorry to say but walking and riding a bike won't cut it. I hope you're dieting also.

mishkin
do any exercise you want! just do it!

Drunken_Monkey
Cardio is your friend when you want to lose a weight amount you are talking about. It promotes an increase of metabolism and trains the body to burn more weight.

allison b
keep up the good work watch your intake on food and keep up the exercise

Try Reality
Rating
Do a lot of PUSH AWAYS...

...PUSH AWAY FROM THE FOOD...

Take if from an ex-fatty....exercise is good...but cutting the intake is a bigger jump

pansyblue
Rating
Good for you! Swimming is great. Running. Anything aerobic.

Alejo
Rating
if u wanna loose weight you gotta do them at least 45 mins per. i'm takin a health class atm and thats the minumne. + find your zone where u feel is a bit hard. no pain no gain

Fran
Rating
You need to talk with a personal trainer at the gym. They can give you recommendations on exercise and diet......

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy