Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Why don't birds get electrocuted when they sit on pylons?

If you had to be knocked out, how would you like it to happen?

I need help men only !??
I hurt my privates playing rugby, I expected the pain to leave but it's been a week and the pain seems to be getting worse. It feels like it's inside like a tube or something.

P...

Heal cutting scars/cuts faster?
~How can I make the scars go away?
~How can I make the cuts less noticeable?
~If possible, how can I prevent the cuts from scarring?
I have them on my hips, arms, and ankles, if you ...

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster....

Help! i just got shocked!?
ok so my laptop charger is like kinda broken and has a small small tear.
but i just got shocked

whats the worst that can happen? it was on my wrist but it kinda stings

Whould it be ok to use peroxide on ...?
my toe. about a week ago, i fell & my toenail hit the edge of the step, & popped up my toenail. I went to the doctor & they romoved it, bandaged it & sent me home, I changed the ...

Should i wait or should i go now ?
About a week ago i hit my arm really hard (or fast) against the metal bar of my bed ( it's stupid how i did ) and it was all swollen and sore afterwards. Its been a week and i think the ...

I jammed my middle finger and its in a splint right now so what do I do??
Ugh its hard to do anything and it hurts bad. Any thing to help the pain???????????...

Quick... my mom burned her fingers on the stove?
okay, so its thanks giving and we are cooking, obviously.. and my mom was picking up a cover to a pot and she burned three of her fingers. its not serious, but are there any tricks to making them ...

How do you treat a mild burn? mine just wont stop burning.?
I need the answer right away....

I was in a car accedent yesterday...and now....?
I was in a car accedent yesterday.;
It was really bad. the airbags went off. and everyone was hurt except for me. The woman in the car in front of us was carried away in a stretcher.
but ...

Help black eye!!!!!!?
how to get rid of it and dont give me that "put make-up on it" line.what can i do?...

I beg of anyone's help?
I have rencently had an injury at school. One of my discs had come out of my back and now pain follows me wherever I go. For people who do not know what a disc is, it is a cushion in between you ...

Why does life seem low and i wished i was dead?
i was injured in a crash 2 years ago pain causes depression the medical people do not see any closer to a cure also lost my job after wards and i am not as active as i would like to ...

If a main artery was cut, how long would it take to die?

I need a doctors note for work.. but im not sick what do i do?
i called my work and told them i rolled my ankle and now i need a doctors note what do i do?...

Broken toe?
I think I broke my smallest toe (left foot) a couple of nights ago. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, but is there anything else I should do for now?...

I have burned my finger making popcorn?
i got the bag out of the microwave and this burning hot oil dropped from the bag onto my finger. this was an hour ago and i kept it under water and it is now covered in a wet cloth but it is still ...

Roxley x
I stopped smoking 9 days ago i have lots of questions?
ok i smoked 10 -15 a day since i was 12.
Since i stopped ( cold turkey no patches etc) ive noticed
A,harder to get to sleep
B,hot flushes
c, I can't stop eating which i'm not complaining about as i was only 7st 7 anyway.I've gained 4lb in 9 days.
I'm 27 and I wanted to know if all these symptoms relate to me quitting smoking please?
d, and i'm empting my bladder more too.

garethjones1992
Rating
should never have started.
shame on you.

Belmar
Rating
When I gave up I did eat and drink more so I wouldn't worry about that to much. Just watch the eating I did put on loads of weight after giving up. I would say that your body is just trying to get use to you not smoking. Best of luck I hope you can stay off them. I went back on them four year after giving up. I wish I could give up again maybe in the new year.

lolljayne
Rating
i gave up smoking 2 years ago, cold turkey too so BIG well done. I didn't have any of those problems you are describing, but i wasn't a heavy smoker anyway. maybe have a chat to your doctor or nurse?

celestialterrestialcommuter
Rating
Try cutting the caffeine down to levels way below that which you used when you were smoking. Nicotine interferes with the caffeine in your body so now you are no longer smoking, it will increase the diuretic and stimulative effects you're used to getting from it.

As advised above, drink plenty of water to help flush the toxins out of your body and try to avoid alcohol altogether for a while as well as not going into smokey atmospheres. Good luck.

FRAN1
Rating
Hey, don tknock it. I've tried giving the weed up and cant. Tried everything, patches, gum, cold turkey etc.

Jeni
Rating
These are all part and parcel of giving up. Most of it will pass the food thing doesnt, i gave up 16 months and 14 days ago i was 8&1/2 st when i gave up now i am heading for 11

bodalen
Rating
yes they are. i went through the same thing your body is detoxing and is going through with drawl symptoms. Chewing gum is really helpful. Go to the doc if it gets worse. Good Luck

dawn
Your body is adjusting. Give it time, drink plenty of water to flush the toxins away, eat lots of healthy food...fruit salad, veg... and you will soon feel great.
But the main one... stay away from people who smoke...Pubs are tooooo relaxing and your guard may go down. Good luck.

heartless_916
hey look man, i just quitted smoking. and i know wt you are tlkin about. and sometimes you really want to smoke! especially whe you see others smoking! but dun, once you get over tht stage, you are there, you have officially quitted!

good luck!

SnuffySmith
Rating
Yes, they are all related to quitting. Your body is adjusting and it will take a little longer but will be getting better each day. You should be proud of yourself.

KOOL
well done! your body is trying to ajust to its new state

leanne f
Rating
well done for stopping smoking

some of these might connect to stopping, but they will probably stop after you body gets used to the fact that you don't smoke .why don't you try calling up a stop smoking things

nhs smoking helpline - 0800 169 0169

keep it up and good luck xx

Fayeboo
Rating
Fair play hun and weldone by the way! Noramlly its the first 3 days that are the hardest but by the sounds of it, ur flushing all the crap out your body...

As for the eating, dont over bloat yourself cuz the nicotine will still be coming out of your system and comes out in your sweat so try gum or summut!

Also i know it sounds stoopid, but go to the shop and buy some filter tips for roll ups...everytime you feel the urge to smoke put one between ya lips, its kills the craving a bit! You'l look silly but what the hell???

Weldone!!! xx

Maria
You have alot of toxins in your body and first two-three weeks going be the hardest, keep your self busy, take walks, and other excersize to keep your mind off it, you may or may not loose weight. I quit after 27 yrs cold turkey, now I can't even stand smell cigs--after all settled down I lost weight and kept it off without a cigarette.

nessie
well done i am still trying, if you are in doult as to whether these are not related to the fact that you have given up the smoking habit then you MUST see your doctor, but personally i think they are

kheserthorpe
Sounds pretty normal. May want to stock up on some vegetable etc for snacking. Or not. I don't have any clue how much a 'stone' is :)

Congratulations on quitting! Keep it up!

robert KS LEE.
well begun is 1/2 done,at last u quit smoking.It is indeed a good news to ur parents n ur friends.besides ur mentioned symptons,u also feel uneasy of ur tongue..very itchy n always spitting.try eating some menthol sweets to lessen the itchiness.

don't approach those smokers anymore.
u should be recovered sooner or later.

best wishes.

mannit m
Rating
guess most of them do, but dont start again, your doing real well

Mr Cheese
Rating
All normal . Its your bodies reaction to withdrawl from nicotine.
I'm not sure about urinating more.
Are you drinking more fluids as well as eating more?

Wellness Manager
Rating
I quit smoking after 10 years and I experienced many of those symptoms too. This is your body going through what is called "Withdrawal" which generally means it was used to have something in it (cigarette smoke) that it is no longer getting. So basically, your body is trying to adjust itself and function properly without the smoking. You will be fine, I quit cold turkey too going on a year now and I feel better than I ever did. Teeth are whiter too..

DrVoelker
First of all, congratulations!
Since you are passed to weeks of being a nonsmoker, most of the physical cravings are gone. Most of what you are experiencing as far as cravings are psychological. These are the "habit cravings". They will go away in three to five minutes with the light a cigarette or not.
The main thing for you to realize is that "you are always one puff away from a pack a day". Expect some challenges over the next six months. These will normally be associated with stress. The worst distress, the more you naturally, instinctively go to your lowest, denominator in ways of dealing with stress. In the past that has always been with a cigarette. At that time you must realize that "you're always one puff away from a pack a day". And make a conscious decision not to pick up that first cigarette.

Insomnia and hormonal irregularities can be part of the physical withdrawal syndrome. I always encourage my patients to drink lots of water and do some form of exercise on a daily basis. The exercise will generate endorphins that help with this whole withdrawal process. In addition, your metabolism slows by about 150 to 200 cal per day when you quit smoking. If you add onto this a feeling of deprivation by not having your cigarettes so substituting sweets or carbohydrates is a natural thing to do. In fact, some studies show that popping a candy will release some of the dopamine in the area of the brain stimulated by cigarettes. Avoid this substitution behavior. My exercising for at least 15 minutes a day (I'm not talking running marathons simply wanting fast enough to get your heart rate over 100) you will probably take care of your insomnia and weight gain.

Sincerely,

Kirk G. Voelker MD
Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Founder Quit Doc Smoking Treatment Network
www.QuitDoc.com

Please Note: This note was dictated using Dragon Naturally Speaking v8.0 while exercising on an eliptical trainer, so excuse any transcription errors.

mt
have a cigarette and it'll all be better again....FYI trying putting in phag (but spelt correctly ) and it stars it out....hilarious! this is obviously a site for queer yanks!

CLIVE H
Rating
Most of what you say sounds exactly like cold turkey symptoms - withdrawal from NICOTINE which your body craves still but your brain is telling you, you do not want any more.

From a heavy smoker, me, now 65 and smoking since age 9 my advice to you is to keep going, do not give in and do not worry about the annoying withdrawal symptoms.

I think you are doing very well, keep up the good work. Also the fact you are not hooking into nico-patches is a good thing too.

What to do about the food. Nothing really. Do not worry about it. Once you've kicked the nico-habit you'll probably settle down to your normal ten meals a day.

In addition to my filthy smoking habit, I sometimes get mad cravings for things, esp. choc and buy six bars at once and eat them all in an hour. The no choc for a year. What the hell's all that about?

Good look.

Jamie T
Rating
your body is adjusting. It will take time.

Charlene
Rating
Your body is prob trying to get all the toxins out.

Count Acumen
You are going through what ex smokers call "recovery symptoms ". All of these symptoms will disappear in a couple of more weeks. They are not harmful, but are hard to get through. Good luck !

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy