Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Injuries
Health Discussion Forum

Hurt my knee at work , heat or ice ?

How can I hide my cuts?
I used to cut myself. I'm trying to stop... but Iam going to an event Friday that requires no sleeves. I have marks still on my arm, and I've been using neosporin to try to heal them faster....

Help! i just got shocked!?
ok so my laptop charger is like kinda broken and has a small small tear.
but i just got shocked

whats the worst that can happen? it was on my wrist but it kinda stings

Whould it be ok to use peroxide on ...?
my toe. about a week ago, i fell & my toenail hit the edge of the step, & popped up my toenail. I went to the doctor & they romoved it, bandaged it & sent me home, I changed the ...

Should i wait or should i go now ?
About a week ago i hit my arm really hard (or fast) against the metal bar of my bed ( it's stupid how i did ) and it was all swollen and sore afterwards. Its been a week and i think the ...

I jammed my middle finger and its in a splint right now so what do I do??
Ugh its hard to do anything and it hurts bad. Any thing to help the pain???????????...

Quick... my mom burned her fingers on the stove?
okay, so its thanks giving and we are cooking, obviously.. and my mom was picking up a cover to a pot and she burned three of her fingers. its not serious, but are there any tricks to making them ...

How do you treat a mild burn? mine just wont stop burning.?
I need the answer right away....

I was in a car accedent yesterday...and now....?
I was in a car accedent yesterday.;
It was really bad. the airbags went off. and everyone was hurt except for me. The woman in the car in front of us was carried away in a stretcher.
but ...

Help black eye!!!!!!?
how to get rid of it and dont give me that "put make-up on it" line.what can i do?...

I beg of anyone's help?
I have rencently had an injury at school. One of my discs had come out of my back and now pain follows me wherever I go. For people who do not know what a disc is, it is a cushion in between you ...

Why does life seem low and i wished i was dead?
i was injured in a crash 2 years ago pain causes depression the medical people do not see any closer to a cure also lost my job after wards and i am not as active as i would like to ...

If a main artery was cut, how long would it take to die?

I need a doctors note for work.. but im not sick what do i do?
i called my work and told them i rolled my ankle and now i need a doctors note what do i do?...

Broken toe?
I think I broke my smallest toe (left foot) a couple of nights ago. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow morning, but is there anything else I should do for now?...

I have burned my finger making popcorn?
i got the bag out of the microwave and this burning hot oil dropped from the bag onto my finger. this was an hour ago and i kept it under water and it is now covered in a wet cloth but it is still ...

My right arm has been hurting 4 2 days and its swollen it hurts when i move it i am 13 HELP ME!?
It really hurts and my friends say to go see a doctor and that it might be serious or maybe a siss and my teacher is going to send me to the school nurse tommorrow when she is in. My mom says she ...

I have a burn blister should i pop it?

I'm hallucinating.... again!?
this time, it's auditory hollucinations, one was when the wind blew aganst my window very hard, it played the song of time from zelda, ok I know that just isn't possible. And if you haven�...

Did you ever step on?
a nail and it went thru your ...

filicia b
How to get rid of a hickie fast?
my boyfreind gave me two relly bad hickies like i had a vacuum attack me lol but i was wondering how to get rid of them fast

xxryanxrossxx
put a warm towel on it for about 5+ minutes

oOo_tophothari_oOo
u mean hick up. if its hick up, then u gotto hold ur ears upto twenty seconds
and erm if its........hickie then idk

jamie_goodwin849
Rating
its really good but hard 2 xplain. take a cup of water and hold it upright in front of u then bend ure head over it and sip the water from the side that u wouldnt normally sip from- oppposite from how u would normally sip drink at least half the cup, hope it works 4 u! :)

Eddy!
Rating
what's a hicky?

aLawrence
Toothpaste And/Or Ice

Pinky
Cover them with foundation make up. They are bruises and need to heal on their own. Next time, don't get them where they will show.

Amanda M
idk how to get rid of one fast but wear a cute scarf....you may look emo for a little while lol but at least ppl wont see the hickey

Darling-one
makeup and in the future, pull away from the vaccuum before he leaves his mark.

Davie Monster
Try ice. Press a cube right on it. 20 minutes max. Let me know what happens.

germanmelmel
Rating
Ive heard lemon juice works. I dont know if its true or not....Ive never had to try it.

Midwest
You can't. Try wearing makeup over them, or covering them up some how. Worse case try adding some purple/blue/yellow markers and try to make it look like a bruise. You have t do this just right (take the tube out of the center of the marker) or you can colour a piece of paper andthen apply to skin. Dont put the marker directly on your skin or it will look fake.

~kylie~
Rating
u can use cover up

designmonkey
Rating
1. Polo neck shirt
2. Base(foundation) make up
3. Band-aid, pretend you got cut (would work better for guys though)

tim b
Rating
WEAR A TURTLE NECK.

Dea B
Rating
there is no real way to get rid of them fast but if u need to hide them i'd use coverup that seems to work pretty well...
I told my bro if he was going to give his g/f hickies he should do it in a place where they wont be seen so she dont get in trouble...
I'd be careful though cause my dad gave my mom one while they were dating(30 years ago) and he broke the blood vessel and she still has the mark....

Kaitlyn M
Rating
Oh this is fun. Freeze a spoon, and get some chap stick. You might want to freeze the chapstick for good measure. Okay, so get the frozen spoon and stroke the hickie time after time after time. Make sure you're putting all your strength into and that it's an even amount of pressure the whole time. Every now and then, apply the chapstick with tremendous pressure. The key is to have even pressure, and a lot of it. This is painful, but it works wonders. It also leaves a big red mark, but that goes away in an hour or so.

kevinmccleanblack
Rating
If you catch the hickey soon enough, your can minimise the mark by immediately applying ice.
Surface stimulation will help disperse the blood. Gently rub and massage the area.
Using a comb or a hairbrush to massage the area works better than fingers and hands.
Using any tubular object with a domed end, apply steady pressure over the hickey and twist. It will hurt, but it will help. Lipstick caps, pen caps, and blistex caps work. The goal is to work the blood deeper into the skin.
Make the hickey worse - if you use a curling iron, have your ‘friend’ reshape the hickey to match the pattern that it would make if you had burned yourself accidentally. This can work with any likely burn or bruise scenario. Do not burn yourself! Reshape the hickey with more suction.
Utilise turtleneck sweaters, scarves, or makeup to cover it up.
Rub vitamin K into the area.
Apply a warm, moist, used tea-bag as a hot compress. Repeatedly re-wet and re-warm it as needed until the hickey disappears.
Make sure your boy Friend is fed before he visits you

Pony dude's girl
Rating
A very soft toothbrush rubbed GENTLY then cover- up with a green tint(this makes the red disappear) Don't rub hard or you will scratch the sensitive skin. Also wear your hair down, a shirt with a collar,and the next time lover boy does this give him the hoover treatment right back and let him worry about how to get rid of it.

rhodeislandbornandraised
no fast way cover with makeup or wear a turtleneck

wannano
Rating
turtleneck/scarf

crew06chief
Rating
make up, foundation or whatever girls use, lol....im a guy i dont know makeup terminology but really it works,. my sister has used it on me before when i got a blackeye. hope this helps

I Love Myself No Room For Boys
Neosporin at night which fades scars and foundation matching your skin complexion.

PeachPie
Rating
ewwww, get some makeup and tell him to stop marking you and making you look like a total skank.

luisamapacha
Sorry, there's no way. All the ideas like press a spoon on it, put raw meat on it, etc. are just wives' tales that do not work.

Put concealer on them or wear a turtleneck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 30, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy