Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary      Health Advices  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If someone is desprately trying to lose weight, do you think they should turn to anorexia?

Am I Overweight? Just Curious?
Hi, this is Emma on my cousin's yahoo.

I am 13 years old, weigh 142. I am 5'6.

Am I overweight, just curious. and a little self-concious.

Thanks =]
A...

Can i lose 10 pounds in one month and a half?
Hi, im 14 and i do 8 miles every day but not in a row.
I eat wright too.
Im over weight and i need to lose at least 10 pounds or more.
Is it possible for me to loos that much weight ...

I diet coke bad for you??
is diet coke bad for u and does it really slow down ur metabolism? like i am a 13 year old dancer and i weigh 106 pounds. so would it really be bad for me to drink it if it does?...

Am i overweight?
Hi im 5' 4 1/2" and i weigh 123 lbs. am i overweight?...

How old do you think is acceptable to go out drinking?
im fifteen and almost every week i get totally wrecked
everyone says our group are pissheads and i kinda agree but alot of people are doing it!

confused.com!...

Am i fat???????
I am 12 and weigh 133 pounds.MY doctor says its all muscule but i am not sure.I do a lot of sports. Someone give me advice.My confidence is low.

-Don't be mean ...

How can someone get a big butt?
without plastic surgery. what is best to do?...

How can I loose 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks????

Does gum make you gain weight?
I chew a lot of gum...does this add on pounds?...

Starving?will make me lose weight??
hello everyone. i want to lose 20 kgs in 6 months; is it possible if i starve myself most of the times; n when i want to eat sthing i eat a frauit or drink only water. am fed up that others look at ...

Whats the best method of putting in contact lens?
i have tried many ways like up down looking when i put them in but they fall out until about the 10th go. taking them out is a piece of cake. 10 points for best answer!!...

Men!!! I'm 5'9, 123lbs, and a size 2. Would you consider me too thin or average?
I do eat and I work out at the gym to stay toned. Ladies your input is welcomed also....

Am i overweight? Answer!?
OK I'm 13yrs Old

Weight- 125lb

Height- 5'6 ft

I gained about 6lb.. Now that school started I even eat less.. I don't eat breakfast (don't like ...

How much should a 14 year old weigh.?!?
how much should a 14 year old weigh, i wear a size 3 or a 26 in garage. uhm, how much should i weigh .?! , am i average. i think im fat....

How tall are you and how much do you weigh???

Additional Details
im 5'7" and around 129 lbs.(sometimes less)...

How can I support my girlfriend with her new year diet?
Should I join in? Should I be strong when she wants chocolate or let her have a few chocolatey pleasures? Any help or advice will be appreciated. She doesn't want to fail again, it's not ...

I'm trying to stop eating fast foods. Can you tell me the most grotesque think to make me stop?
convice me to stop. Im not fat at all, I just think that eating fast food is unhealthy but the addiction is big.. Convice me to quit
Additional Details

How can I lose 40 pounds without taking pills?
I weigh 200 pounds right now and I'm only 15 years old. I have tried everything and I need help!...

I feel crappy and fat!?
i am a teenager.
5'5 and 135
i am trying to lose weight but blew it today
my face looks rounder and blotched
my hair is sooo greasy. i know i need to wash it but it was one ...

lauren
Is this considered over wieght?
a female who is 13 and is 5 feet 7 inches ways 150 pounds.
is she over weight?

Show all answers
Post your answer

gamers.worlda
Not sayin' anything, I have a good metobolism, I'm 12 a guy and weigh 90 pound. But I'm only 4 feet 11, so I guess the extra foot take some is good.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

charlie charlie
Rating
at 5'7" that definitely sounds fine.
It also depends how your body is proportioned. I am 5'5" and about 160 pounds, which is typically considered a lot for someone my height, but I am actually a size 6, and slim, but I have G cup breasts. Those are pretty heavy :/
concentrate more on your figure and your health than the actual number. your weight really doesn't matter as long as you are physically fit and have a healthy figure.

Shikamaru L
no thats not over weight.

Tio Paco
Rating
weight isn't so much the issue as tone, are you "soft" or firm? remember that muscle weighs more than fat ( it's denser) and so a body builder can weigh more that a girl thats even larger than her. If you have a firm body, than your ok, a little flab? then you might want to exercise to firm up a bit. It's not about how much you weigh really, it's about how you feel about yourself thats the most important thing.at your age you're larger than most of the boys around you, so if they give you any lip about your weight, just pound them into a little one inch square! ps- my daughter is 18, weighs 165lbs and is 5'10", and always has a date for friday night

Need Answers
no but as an adult that would be avg/above avg.
make sure it just doesnt keep going up if not its perfectly fine. i say that only because its easier to control weight than lose it later. =)
But if this is the weight that is just normal and steady- no worries. as long as a person is healthy, active and tries to eat right get all the nutritional needs in- thats what matters. also- being too skinny is not hot.

heyyittsemiily
Rating
NOOOO of course not its PERFECT!!!! dont try to lose weight... u dont need to and it can b dangerous

btw823
A female with the provided height and weight has a BMI (body mass index) of 23.5, which is withinin the average range.

18.5-24.9 is considered average.
According to one study females of age 13 with the provided height and weight are in the 63rd percentile, which means that 37% of the females surveyed of that height weight more than such female.

kellie r
Rating
no your fine but dont gain any weight

bignightdan
Rating
haha no

CooCoo
Rating
good weight to make them punches count

rmdezanett32
Rating
I'm 5'3" and am at 135 and the doctor told me for my height I'm overweight. But I have eating problems so I have to not listen to the doctor cause I'll end up starving myself again. I don't think so with the height it sounds like it owuld even out

Eccentric
over weight come on man she is a baby elephant... ask her to reduce to 110~120lbs. follow the tips below.

her age is very sensitive and she can't take full diet. as her body need all type of things. few tips below.

1) Cook your food without any food oil try to use boiled/steamed vegetables, meat, and lot of salad. U can eat fruits too and boiled/steamed chicken or red meat too but no pork.
2) Potato is strictly forbidden during this diet
3) Don’t eat any type of junk food.
4) Drink at least 3 ltr of water daily. Make ur habit to drink water as much as u can
6) use brown bread
7) use skimmed and low fat milk and yogurt
8) very little sugar
9) drink diet pepsi if u like. but just one glass once a day.
10)U can eat vegetable soap too as much as u can but no corn flour in it.
11) if u feel hungry then divide ur diet into 5-6 healthy meals a day (1 plate size only)
12) one bowl of oatmeal can be taken as a break fast
13) At least take this diet for 3 to 6 months and when she feel that she have achieved her desired weight then make this her eating life style as told above but occasionally she can take other junk food too.

The best indoor exercise machine is tread mill. Run on tread mill for at least 30 mntns daily. and try to extend ur period for one hour.

just us lol
Rating
are you crazy???

Masha V
Rating
you are a LITTLE oververight
i am 14, 5'7", and 165ish, and my BMI is 25.7
ask your doctor
to truly find the perfect answer, ask your doctor for a growth chart in weight and height, and see if your weight has been going constantly for your growth

your BMI is 23.490. and your range is 15.3 to 22.6

so you are just a LITTLE
no more than 10 pounds okayy=]]

rph
Rating
to determine ideal body weight for female you take take the (number of inches over 5ft x 2.3) + 45.5= weight in kg
kg x 2.2= lbs
therefore ((7 x 2.3) + 45.5kg) x 2.2= 135.5 lb
obese is consider >20% over ideal body weight (162lb)
This female is normal but may want to start an exercise program and healthy eating habits to prevent future issues.

**aki**
Rating
IDK. But i don't think so because of your height

Jerry S
Rating
no.

hollywood71@verizon.net
Rating
Yes under the BMI index.

sharif7141992
no

lap=]
Rating
noooo i dont think soo

awayandout
In my eyes not at all, your smaller than me and I'm the same height. If you look at your bmi you will know what's officially healthy.

Andrew
No she is average weight but if shes chubby then she needs to exercise so she wont become fat

Banjo and Sullivan
Rating
Not in the least. The question is. Is she healthy too? Have her cholesterol and blood pressure checked frequently if you are unsure. That's a tall 13 year old!

colleen
no...you've still got baby fat at 13!!

All Knowing
No, you are fine, don't worry about it.

gnana
Rating
u have good physique..

Sunshine
no not at all , you don't want to look to thin.

what is it
Rating
no thats perfect

)tomorrow(
Rating
no you are not overweight. your BMI is 23.5 so you are in the healthy range. 18.5-24.9 is considered healthy. granted the BMI calculation is not a perfect measurement of health, but it's a good estimate.

Jet
Rating
I would say so. im a guy taller and weigh 140. BUT it all depends on your body fat percentage. is that weight useless fat or lean muscle?

Archive: Forum - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2010 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Terms of use - Privacy Policy