Starving?will make me lose weight??

hello everyone. i want to lose 20 kgs in 6 months; is it possible if i starve myself most of the times; n when i want to eat sthing i eat a frauit or drink only water. am fed up that others look at me...

hello everyone. i want to lose 20 kgs in 6 months; is it possible if i starve myself most of the times; n when i want to eat sthing i eat a frauit or drink only water. am fed up that others look at me and say:"oh, u've put on weight". give me tips please. thank you in advance.

Lore
Don't starve. You can loose weight the healthy way by eating lots of fruits and veggies and exercising. Try to cut on bad carbs and junk food. If you starve you will loose weight but you will gain it back eventually.

Myself™
Rating
I doubt it because muscle burns fat, sugars, and calories. If your body is starving and has no muscle it won't burn anything. Also foods and nutrients are needed. You may want to cut down on food but I wouldn't stop eating it. It may lose weight but it would loook unhealthy. Really if you just excercise and eat breakfast, drink of choice, lunch, snack, dinner, you can make it and eat about anything. Excercising is like the main key of any diet. I hope this helps! :)

Louise J
Rating
If you lose 20 Kg through starving, you will gain 40 kg as soon as you even eat an apple again.

Yes ok, that's a bit exaggerated, but that's starvation mode.

Just don't eat junkfood ( Includes fast food, fried food, candy, coke etc. You know what I'm talking about.) and do cardio, like jogging, cycling and swimming.
Any exercize that you can keep up for at least 20 minutes (try to increase) is good. The longer the better.

mary
Rating
no

Alice
Rating
First off, I'm not going to give you tips on starving yourself. This may seem like a sensible idea but what actually happens is your body begins to tear itself apart from the inside out. Exercise three times a week to start with. That way when you begin to lose weight the skin will be toned and so you won't end up with excess skin. Swimming is a very good form of exercise as you tone all your muscles at the same time. If you want something you can just do at home, get a yoga dvd. This is not only good exercise but will relax you.
Eat SENSIBLY. Don't eat McDoinalds all the time and don't starve yourself. You need to strike a medium. Cutting out bread from your diet can help as long as you make up some of the carnohydrates in other ways - such as pasta.
Eat breakfast as this starts your metabolism going first thing in the morning. Have maybe wholegrain toast and some fruit. A salad and some fruit/yoghurt for lunch and then a piece of fish or lean, white meat with vegetables for dinner.
A good way of losing weight is to make up a big batch of healthy soup/stew at the begginning of the week. Eg using a stock cubes and loads of different vegetables:onion, carrot, pepper, beans, whatever you like. This means that there will always be something healthy at hand and if you come in and are really hungry you won't be so tempted to just reach for the first thing because it's convenient (like crisps or a chocolate bar) - there'll be something really healthy you can have straight away.
If you just don't eat people won't be commenting on your weight, they'll be commenting on the way you might have got spots or lank hair or really bad skin.

Rob E
Rating
don't starve, just eat healthy and excercise and stick to a diet that suits you.

Zoey
Don't starv you self!
that is very dangerous

tasmia z
Rating
well it does help a little but ill make u week also so i would suggest tht u eat properly but in limited quantity but for night jus have only a glass of cold non fat milk. do excersise for 1/2 to 1 hr daily any excersise will do jus walking is also fine no need to go for gym particularly but if u want to then welln good . try to keep away for fatty food n chocolates not to forget sweets. another thing u could try is eat 5-6 times a day but it shld b very little, what happens is ur body releases two type of hormons one for storing the leftover fat n another for burning the fat. now if u eat 5-6 times a day n take only very small amt of food then the body will realease the same amt of enzymes for 1 regular meal tht u have since the fat is little in the small amt of ood tht u eat, the remaining enzymes will automatically target the extra at stored in ur body n tht way u reduce. this will b slow but it works. all the best

JR Ewing
Rating
no. here is the secret muscel burns fat. so if you work out and build more mussel you will lose weight. also protein puts on mussel and burns fat. so eat a low fat, low carb diet with lots of foods with protein like beans. eat chilli. wendys chlli is great. also eat foods high in fiber. good luck.

RachelMay
Rating
Hey.
Firstly, no (:
If you do that, your body will start changing whatever food you do eat instantly into fat, because it thinks that you're starving and it needs to survive.
I'm currently on a diet too and I've tried starving, believe me, it doesn't work. Your hair gets really greasy, your face erupts in spots, and it can mess up your periods.
The best thing to do is what I'm doing:
1) Keep a food diary of everything you eat, I've been told that you need around 2000 calories a day, and if you want to lose two pounds a week (which is the healthiest amount of weight you can lose per week without causing yourself damage), you need to be eating around 500 calories less a day. So restrict yourself to about 1500 calories a day.
2) Eat low calories foods but make sure you eat all your meals. Do healthy things like eat vegetables (very low in calories), fruit (only certain fruits that are low calorie, I know that bananas contain a lot!), only eat a little bread and other carbs.
3) Boost your metabolism! I read somewhere that eating high protein foods for breakfast can boost your metabolism, also some simple jogging/running when you get up gets your metabolism going, so you're burning calories even when you're not trying. A good thing to eat for breakfast is peanut butter or eggs :) But keep a track on your calories for the food diary.
4) Exercise! I'm not really an exercising person, but I've found I can normally fit in 30minutes of exercising a day by running around the house, or even just dancing to my favourite music.
5) If you're sat at the computer, put on music and try to keep your body parts moving, e.g. tapping your feet, shaking your hips. It's not serious calories burning but you're burning a few aren't you? :)
6) I read on a website that spinning can actually help you lose a lot of weight. Simply stand in a large space, spread your arms out about shoulder height, and spin clockwise! :D you can do this until you feel dizzy, about 5 spins. Don't spin too much at once or you'll end up feeling incredibly sick.
7) Drink plenty of water - I read that you're actually carrying "water weight", because if you don't drink enough water, your body stores water thinking it needs it to survive. So if you drink around 5 pints of water a day, you'll actually lose your water weight, also very good for your skin. ;)

Hope I helped, this is all I've learned while doing my diet.
Good luck to you! <3

Alisha B
Rating
no it will not make you lose weight at first, you will gain more weight bcus of all the water and fat will start to build up bcus you are not eating and they have to give you proteins and what you need to survive the day...and also you will get serious health problems by doing this, or you can become annorexic and will also do serious damage to your body and your mind...so if ppl are saying that then jus say yeah i have and smile and go on, be happy with yourself...or if you do want to lose weight jus cut out junk food or do not eat so much fatty foods and exercise...but pls do not starve yourself.

harry e
its possible to starve yourself but its horrible for you, you can develop bulimia and anorexia i know you've probably heard that but just eat low carb foods

*][...][*
Rating
oh my god....................

iis there something wrong with you, you are not only going to harm yourself, your going to harm your body.....
losing weight is easy, i was trying to loose weight for ages i tried so many weight loss programs and to tell you the truth NONE OF THEM WORK....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skipping breakfast will slow your metabalism down which will cause you to put on weight....
another thing is dont eat 3 big meals and fill yourself up, eat small HEALTHY meals about 6... but always eat breakfast...
when you eat in small proportions throughout the day it is better... and you have to excersise a little bit...
i went for 1 hour walks evey 2nd day and did like 15push ups and 15 sit ups, i also would jog for like 10 mins half way through the walk....
starving yourself will make it worse and as soon as you start eating you will put on more weight.......
and your fat will feed off itself which will actually make it harder for you to loose the weight and not just that you will end up putting the weight back on faster and probably doubling it....

what i told you to do worked for me!!!! and i lost 15 kgs and have been able to keep the weight off.....
My cousin is a personal trainer and thats what she told me to do i did it and it worked...!!!

GOODLUCK... and DONT starve yourself.......

alex c
Rating
It will but your metablism will slow and when you start to eat a gain you will gain almost every thing you eat.

Marc Wojo
don't starve... eat more but excersize alot

I ask the questions round here..
Rating
duhh

ever heard of anorexia?

Baby no.2 Sydney due anytime now
Rating
Yes and it will make you sick in a hurry also!! Find a healthy way to loose weight..

Luisa
Rating
If you starve yourself when you eat you'll just blow up like a balloon, and then you end up worse than you started.

jliusf
you lose essential health nutrients. and you will start binging and gain weight as a result of binging.

please read the article on ways to lose weight

MissUnderstood
Rating
Definately DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. When you starve yourself your body tells itself to hold onto all the fat because it knows it's starving. It will try to "help" by holding onto the weight. What you need to do it eat small healthy meals several times a day. That gives your body energy to help burn fat instead of it holding onto it thinking it's starving. Eat healthy and exercise. There's really no easy way around it.

<3LiquidSugar
Rating
No. Starving is SO unhealthy, it would only make you look washed out and unhealthy, maybe even ill looking. Also if you were to starve yourself you would be at a high risk to anorexia or bulemia, which could be fatal.

sarafern21
Of course you will lose weight if you starve. There is no question. But you also have to consider what else you are doing to your body thru starvation. When your body has no other fuel, it will start to feed on itself -meaning your muscle tissue (including the heart) will start to waste away. As you lose muscle, your metabolism will slow which means as soon as you start to eat again, you will gain weight back more quickly. It's a foolish thing to do and I think you probably realize that yourself. You're on here asking a question when you know people are going to tell you it's a dumb move. To lose weight, you need to eat protein, low carb veggies, whole grains and drink lots of water along with sensible exercise. It's the only thing that really works. Please don't starve.

katy
Rating
go on the atkins dieet, you only eet meat and eggs, as much as you whant to...so to www.atkins.com
it realy works

daiquirikiss
Rating
starving!?!?!? BAD IDEA!!! VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA!

You'll lose weight, but when you eat, you'll just gain is all back again and twice as fast. Eating just fruits and drinking only water is malnutrition. Dieting is not less food, it's the RIGHT food.

pebblespro
NO! Starving is NOT the answer! Exercise and healthy eating will help you lose the weight... It's generally a good idea to lose about 2-3 lbs. per week to maintain a healthy lifestyle.. Drink plenty of water and eat a variety of fruits/vegetables... Try and limit junk food, sweets and anything with HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! Walking is GREAT exercise.. I've lost 10 lbs. just by walking the neighborhood with my children!

*Also, if people mention your weight- ask them if they've gained "stupid" that will shup them up! Lose weight for yourself and don't worry what anyone else thinks...

Good luck

Barre T 67
be smart, the human body will store fat if you do not eat. So in reality, you are getting fatter. You want to lose weight? start running, and dont stop, eat lots of chicken and drink plenty of water and milk. It is not smart to starve yourself.

kbudie57
Rating
starving yourself doesnt solve the problem. It will just make you metabolism lower, which when you have to start eating again, you will just gain weight. i suggest just diet and exercise.

johnnyismyman73
Rating
I wouldn't even think of starving yourself!
A lot of people died from anorexia, do you really wanna become one of them? And if you starve yourself, your body will go into starvation mode, and it will eat itself. And when you eat, you'll instantly gain that fat. Why can't you just exercise and eat healthy? It's not that hard

mr. incognito! - step up front!
starving yourself is going to put a hold on your metabolism and slowly your body is going to eat itself.

Find your caloric maintenance need. Take X amount of calories off your maintenance and exercise.

Find out your protein, carb and fat need and spread it over 5-6 meals getting equal amount of protein, carbs and fat each meal.

Rob
Not really, your body will shut down and stop using the fat for energy since it will be tricked into thinking it needs it to survive. You need to eat more, small meals, with protein. Limit Carbs (bread) and continue to get your veggies and fruit and water intake.

Stephen K
Well, it will make you lose weight, but that is a terrible thing to do with your body