Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How much water should I drink at a minimum each day? Does swimming tone your body?
I am swimming and doing exercises in my pool to burn calories but will this also tone my body? After the first few days my body was pretty sore.

How much water should I drink in ounces per ...

Is 109 pounds fat for a female 5foot3?

Am i overweight?
im 5'5 and 115 and a teenager is that ...

Iam 15 years old i weigh 120 and i want to weigh 333 thats my favorite number is it safe to use steriods ...?
just want to know is it safe to use steroids or get muscles naturaly by working out and benching OR do ...

I am 13 and very overweight, please help.?
I am 13, 5'3" and 180 pounds. I gain so much weight so quickly.

In 4th grade I was 4'9 and 96 pounds.
In 5th grade I was 4'10 and 123 pounds
in 6th grade I ...

How skinny should you be to wear a bikini?
my stomach isnt the skinniest thing out there (atleast i think) i am 100 lbs and 4'10 is that skinny enough? please dont say its wether you feel comfertable or not, i want your opinion, if not ...

Why do people make fun of fat people when they are out exercising?
i was out running today, and 3 separate individuals laughed or made noises or yelled rude things, the only one i remember was "hey, why you running, "with a big laugh. it seems to me all my ...

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

flipperisme10
I am looking for an honest answer: is my daughter fat?
She's 11, and is 175 lbs. about 5 ft. Is she fat?
Additional Details
and by the way-to the people making rude remarks-she is stronger than all the boys at her school and also stronger than her 13 year old brother!

mgrenia
Rating
All in all this is a sad situation...Yes, your little girl is way overweight. I don't know what her lifestyle is but I'm guessing that it's a high-fat, high carb diet and little if no exercise.

At her age this can be turned around but it's going to require a serious effort from the whole family. Put away the video games, start eating better and getting more exercise...Have a dog? Walk it! Most dogs love going for walks and it's good for both!

Now the common sense part...You didn't mention the condition of your daughters overall health. Make sure you you see a doctor before you set off on a weight loss program involving this much weight. There could very well be other issues involved.

Good luck to both of you!

Mike

Here kitty kitty
-Honestly, yes. She should not be 175 pounds at age 11 if she is only 5 feet tall. get her on a healthy diet. All kids (not just ones trying to lose weight) should be eating healthy foods and once in a while have sweets or candy, -

Gaspode
Rating
yes

emily
yes..

no 11 year old should weigh 175 pounds thats crazy.. please help your daughter get to a healthy weight

Toki
unless she is a female body builder which is unlikely at 11 years old she is morbidly obese not fat get her outside to play

renny
Rating
Yes she is!!! You need to get her moving.Start walking with her in the evenings and get her to drink lots of water.Take her to the dr for a checkup to make sure she doesn't already have health problems then start working on helping her shed some of that weight.

Mr Goodhi ©
yes

Flower06
Rating
SORRY TO TELL YOU SHE IS FAT.CAUSE I AM 191 POUNDS AND 5'FT 4''AND I AM IN MY 50 YEARS,AND I DO THINK THAT I AM FAT TO.But maybe she has baby fat and it will come off,but ask your Doc. and see what he think about it.Take care now.And give your daughter a kiss on both side of her cheek's FOR ME.GOD love you I do.xx oo

skyisbluesoareyou
Rating
I am 5 feet tall and at 112 lbs. I am at a healthy weight (However, I'm 18). I think anywhere from 100-130 lbs is considered healthy for a 5 foot tall teenager, so if your daughter weighs more than a healthy teenage weight already I'd try to convert her to a healthier lifestyle (eating better, being active) so that she can lose weight and be able to maintain a healthy weight as a teenager and adult.

*♥MâfiaGirl♥*
Rating
Just take her for walks and inculcate some exercise for her

joyce s
Rating
well I guess it would all be what you call fat.....but 5 ft 175 lbs YES I am 5'7' and 119 and I should be 150....telling you anything...daughter needs to grow like 8 to 9 inches or get on a serious diet.

college_student
Rating
yes, my son is overweight too, so I know how hard it is to motivate them to get off the couch and do anything. I refuse to let my son go through one more year of school being teased about his weight, so I plan on doing something about it this summer. Email me and we can become each other's helper to get our children's weight down!

Julia
She is 11! She is probobly that heavy because she will be getting taller soon. I was that heavy at her age, and I ended up slimming down to what is now 112 pounds on a 5'3 frame. I did lay off the junk food and go on a walk every day, however. Just make sure she has some outdoor fun every day and she'll be fine. Her body just needs the extra weight right now so it can grow soon. She is almost a teen. You should consult a doctor, too however. Your family doctor knows your daughter better than me.

Have a nice day!:)

SKYE
Rating
if you are bringing her to the doctor then you would have already been told this by a professional...175 at 5 ft is overweight for anyone no matter the age so considering that, you need to do something about your parenting...
or you could have yourself confused with your daughter...if you even have one and are finding by asking this sort of question

Andrea
Your only 26 are you talking aboout yourself or did you have this girl when you were really young?

Tigger
Rating
Yes, she is very much overweight. In fact, she weighs nearly twice as much as she should.

Nurse Amy
Rating
Yes I'm afraid she is.
Her BMI (Body mass index) is 34.2 and the BMI category is as follows:

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

You also have to remember she is only 11 years old. She needs to increase her activity and watch what she is eating. She is at a very sensitive age, where children can be especailly cruel to a young girl who is obese.

Make some time to be with your child enjoying outdoors, and play time. Have her play outside more to increase her activities. She will thank you in the long run.

I also suggest that you speak to your family doctor. He can recommend a good nutritionist and help you make the appropriate steps toward getting your child healthy.
Your child is also at increase risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. it's been more common for obese children to get this lifelong disese. (type 2 diabetes used to be basically only for adults but with the increase amount of obese children the has been a surge or children contracting it)

Please Take Care

aimer_4
I'm sorry but she is a bit over weight for her height and age...

Kris D
The ideal weight for a female thats 5 feet tall is 100 pounds. 175 pounds is the ideal weight of a Male thats 5'10". So yeah she is overweight and if something isnt done she will face major health risks very early in life.

kja63
Of course she is. Why kind of question is this? Take your child to her pediatrician for a complete physical (verify no metabolic issues) and then YOU need to learn about proper diet and exercise so that you can teach your child.

jack b
yes

orcastrated
Rating
ok well im 23 and a guy and im 5'11 and i am 170lbs. so yes she is very over weight. you wanted honesty

james h
Rating
That's huge Momma. You need to take her to the doctor now!

Bunny Lebowski
Rating
Yes, you'd better start helping her get healthy since I'm sure you don't want her to develop more serious problems such as juvenile diabetes.

Sparkles
You aren't serious are you? If so, yes she is very overweight by almost 75 lbs.

sdlocal92109
Rating
yes

please do your best to get her back into shape

bttrfl16
Rating
No offense, yes. I am 17, 5'6-ish and about 100 pounds. I am underweight. When I visit the doctor, he said the average for my height and weight would be able 120-130. You're daughter is under my age and my height. She is overweight and u should consult a doctor with her.

BT
Rating
Fat?? Sounds like she is as wide as she is tall....

S.I
Rating
dont listen to alot of the rude answers. she is over weight but remember muscle weights more then fat. i was a big girl and o lost it as i grew. my daughter is a big girl she is 4 and at 45 pounds. just make she exercise. she will be fine. kids today only see fast food and garbage to eat. more activities would help too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, February 5, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy