Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Starving to lose some weight....?
Advice if starving to lose weight works?

Well I've never been happy with my size - ever...
i've reached the point in my life where i'm not liking 'me"!
i&...

What are some good ways to make yourself get up early! say like 6:00 or 7:00?
i have to get up early to run 4-5 miles because i'm on the crosscountry team but i can't get up an earlier then 8 or 9!!! how do i wake up that early!!! (besides an alarm clock! i already ...

Am i fat..you tell me!?
hey here are my stats..

age 15
weight 74kg or 163 pounds
height about 5 8"
waist 34-35 inches

so am i fat???

thanks guys!...

Am i overweight?
Im 14 years old 137 pounds and 5'8 am i overweight?...

Skipping meals help?
How bad is it to only eat dinner. If I skip breakfast, for lunch have maybe some water and a bag of pretzels and then just eat a big dinner. I'm a 20 year old female (if that matters)...

How fat am i?
My mum tells me i need to lose weight, my dad constantly asks me whether i've exercised and i've been made fun of at college for being fat. so what do u people think? and how much do i need ...

Is diet coke bad for you?

Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom ...

Why do men with big bellies (On a hot day) walk around in their front yard showing off their fat belly?
Don't they know it hurts everyone's eyes?
Additional Details
Sometimes they do yard work and their big tummy hangs 6 inches ...

Does skipping meals make you lose or gain weight?
I recently gained weight after I stopped running and I need to slim down some. So I'm wondering if skipping meals is going to make my lose weight or gain weight. Among other things that I'm ...

Im 13 yrs and i want to lose weight!?
im 5'1-5'2 and im 155 lbs
i want to lose 50 lbs
how long will it take?
i kinda excercise.
what do i eat!
im sick of people making fun of mee!!
:'(...

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

please answer my questions
POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much weight will I loose? Thanks.

Amanda
Rating
Not eating for a week is not healthy. A 13 year old shouldn't be thinking about not eating for a week even if your a gymnast and weigh "A LOT".

Natasha L
Rating
You actually won't lose anyweight. When you don't eat..Your body builds up fat in your system so that it doesn't go hungry. This isn't healthy, also if you did this, you would gain twice as much back when you did eat.

mothernature22000
well for starters you ain't gonna loose much at all without eating your body has to have food and going a week without is not a good thing. And 116 is not bad either. All these kids that think that is big needs to be where I have with a cousin with a eating disorder just to be on a swim team and she has had problmes ever since.

Foxxy Lady
Rating
You're an idiot. You don't need to lose any weight! What matters is that you're healthy. You don't want to be another one of those girls who complains that they're fat when they're not, it's EXTREMELY annoying. I'm 5'1" and weigh 105. You are NOT fat and DO NOT need to lose weight, especially not eating for a week. That's just stupid.

dog sheila
Rating
you are not fat eat what you like

JJ N
go and see a shrink now before you become anorexic not eating for a week is very bad for you leaving you with no energy

Regina R
Rating
DONT STOP EATING!!
that is never the answer to weight problems. I know a lot of people that are your age, as tall as you, and weigh as much as you that arent fat at all. just start eating HEALTHIER and in smaller portions. hungrygirl.com is a nice site to go to for healthier foods and stuff.
JUST DO NOT STOP EATING!!

backstrokerisme
dude you gotta eat don't starve yourself

gashlycrumbt1ny
Crash diets don't work.

Raven
Please don't do that. Not only will you be putting yourself at risk of getting seriously ill, but you will compromise how well you perform as a gymnast.

Even for a gymnast, I don't think you need to lose weight. But if you are wanting to do that, you need to go about it in a healthy way. Make sure you are only eating "Whole Foods" - whole grains (brown rice, pasta, bread, etc.), lean meats, fresh/frozen fruits and vegetables, and no-fat/low-fat dairy products. Don't eat fast food, junk food, candy, or pop. Eat three healthy meals and two snacks every day - with a minimum of 8 glasses of water. You're already working out more than most people, so there is no need to do any more activity/exercise.

Long-term health is the most important thing for you. Please do not get pressured by a coach, friend, teammate, parent, or your own views of what you should look like, make you try to lose weight.

Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Gisselle M
Rating
Honey, not eating is unhealthy. Slap some sense into your self. Starving yourself will weaken your body and your life as a gymnast can kiss its own ***. You sound perfect the way you are. Drink more water. Some people lose a reasonable amount of weight drinking water and EATING small portions of 3 meals a day. BUT, you don't need to lose weight.

<3
Rating
you cant its not possible,
a average man can only go 4 days with out water.
its not about how much you eat, but what you eat.

amb3589
Among other things, you are going to lose your energy to workout if you stop eating altogether. Eating smaller portions will allow you to lose weight without losing your energy.

rebecca
Rating
You could lose more than weight if you treat your body that way. They best way to lose weight is slowly and with good nutrition - not by cutting food out altogether.

Frances
Rating
youll die of starvation
just exer size and only eat salad and protein
(chicken beef eggs)

nedree@verizon.net
Rating
for get it your looking for trouble. if you still feel you want to lose. cut down on your daily intake.its a safe way to do it. 5 ft. 2 in. that dont sound like a problem to me.

The Girl
Rating
You'll lose muscle and gain fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so just weighing 116.5 isn't even a big deal. You're 13, enjoy your youth. Striving for the perfect body at that age is pretty pointless. When you get older it won't even matter.

Meg
Well if you didn't eat for a week you would die.... or would be on the death bed/ And if you really want to loose weight get iceburg lettuce nad eat that it has no fat content and is filling! Don't starve yourself... you will get sick!

Abcd A
Rating
starving yourself really doesnt make u lose weight...it kills your metabolism and whatever u eat it will absorb everything in it

starving yourself is not good

YUhGUhM3gG.Ye@.
Rating
NONE.
you need to eat to lose wheight.

katie :)
Rating
ohkayyy honey. if you want to lose weight, which it doesnt sound like its a life or death situation here if youre only 5'2 and 116.5 pounds, do NOT start being anorexic. it doesnt pay off well and there are better ways to lose weight. just eat pretty healthy and keep on with your sports. do NOT stop eating for a week!

~Just another face in the crowd~
ookay woah.. and why do you want to loose weight? If you don't eat for a week you will starve your body and whatever you do eat it will keep as fat.. so don't stop eating.. because in the end you'll just get fatter... if you want to loose weight just eat healthy. trust me, I tried the whole not eating thing.. and it did not worka at all. 116 IS NO A LOT. MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!

~*AsH*~
Rating
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! YOUR CRAZY!!!! honeslty not eating makes you very unhealthy and makes you gain even more weight

sweetfx08
Rating
thats actually a good weight for you. and not eating for a week is really dangerous DO NOT try it. Eat foods with very low calories only. Please dont cross the border into ANOREXICO.

Cannibal Emma
I'm 14 and weigh the same as you, and I've been told that it's a perfectly fine weight to be. If you want to lose weight don't stop eating, just pack healthy crap in your lunch everyday and do cardio...

<-Me and My Answer->
WHAT!!!! ok first of all you would lose your life if you didnt eat. second of all, my sister is 13, 4"11 100 lbs and doesnt work out at all and she is NOT fat one bit! you are3 inches taller, and workout which means the 16lbs goes perfectly with your height and is probably muscle. if you do have fat on you, it will go away soon because its your hormones. your at that age where its hormones not you. plz dont do anything stupid to try and lose weight. hope this helps and your fine! your not fat and DONT need to lose weight!

Dawn T
If you don't eat for a week.. you'll die. Trust me... or you'll just have a panic attack and can't breathe. Have a nice week!!

Anti Everything
you are going about this entirely the wrong way..

blah blah lecture...

you will make yourself sick... you wont lose any weight

Dave G
I'll tell you what you'll lose if you don't eat for a week...

- Dignity
- Self Esteem
- Self Respect
- Respect from others
- Your good health

You won't lose much weight. Try a healthy diet instead.

emi
Rating
Just slap yourself.

Starving yourself isn't going to do you any good.

halflifed13
Rating
i think 15 pounds

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy