Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it OK for a 13 year old to lift weights?
Well I am 13 years old, turning 14 soon.
I have been lifting weights for over 3 months now.
I lift 80 pounds maximum and people keep telling me to stop because I will not grow (My height is ...

Am i overweight?
I'm 5'7 and 164 pounds. Don't answer this rudely. If you planned on it, sorry to ruin it for you. I'm just wondering how chubby i am. cuz i think i am - my friends say im not. are ...

Do guys just like skinny girls?
I'm not fat but I'm not skinny either I'm 13 and I'm worried that guys only like skinny girls because in mags they say that is it true?...

Should fat kids sleep?

I am a 14 year old female..weigh 117 adn i am like 5 ft.....am i overweight?

POLL- If I don't eat for a week, how much would i loose?
I am 13. I am 5"2, and I weigh 116.5 pounds..ahh
I am a gymnast, and I workout 4 hours a day. I do have a lot of muscle but 116.5 pounds is A LOT. If I don't eat for 1 week, how much ...

Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can'...

A sensible choice for snacking before bed?
I always get really hungry before I go to bed I know that eating late is the worst time and makes you gain weight easily overnight. Im getting tired of eating fruit and yoghurt. Are there any other ...

Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19....

How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it......

I am 14 and am 5'7.5 and weigh 135, is this average or underweight or what?haha?

Made fun of for being skinny?
i know im skinny...i just turned 13 in november..and i weigh 78 lbs..im 4'11? my friends and people call me anorexic or whatever and they dont know how it hurts and i barely ever make fun of the ...

How did YOU quit smoking once and for all?
It's been five days, and I'm down to three cigs a day now. But my head is hurting, and I'm very moody. Can you guys share your experiences, and little tricks that worked for you, as ...

Am I over weight?
Im 13 and im 5'3-5'4. i weigh 120-130 lbs....

How much should i weigh?
I am 14 years old and i am 5 2
right now i am currently 99 ...

If I have my dinner at 8:30 pm will I get fat?

Starving to lose some weight....?
Advice if starving to lose weight works?

Well I've never been happy with my size - ever...
i've reached the point in my life where i'm not liking 'me"!
i&...

What are some good ways to make yourself get up early! say like 6:00 or 7:00?
i have to get up early to run 4-5 miles because i'm on the crosscountry team but i can't get up an earlier then 8 or 9!!! how do i wake up that early!!! (besides an alarm clock! i already ...

Am i fat..you tell me!?
hey here are my stats..

age 15
weight 74kg or 163 pounds
height about 5 8"
waist 34-35 inches

so am i fat???

thanks guys!...

Am i overweight?
Im 14 years old 137 pounds and 5'8 am i overweight?...

Leilani B
Do I need to lose weight?
I'm 13, 5'2.5" and 114 lbs. Before summer started, I was 102 lbs, and then out of nowhere I gained so much weight! My measurements went from 31-27-33 to 35-25-37! I went up 2 cup sizes in bras...now I'm a 32C. I don't get it because my waist got smaller even though I gained weight...I'm confused! Usually I only gain weight when I get taller, but I didn't get any taller this summer! Does this mean I need to lose weight?

too_true82
Rating
no

marni
Rating
no, your just going through a growth spurt and that is TOTALLY normal

Yumi Y
Rating
No. You clearly know where you gained your weight. Not to be mean, but it seems that you just want everyone to know your breasts and hips got bigger and that your waist got smaller. It's very much common sense. I'm sorry if I was rude.

blamblam
Rating
okay so you asked a question 3 months ago asking about an ADD pill that makes you lose weight... you said then you were 117 lbs,
now you are saying that you gained wieght but no you only weigh 114?
get your story straight, please?

Nickle V
No, I think that is a perfectly healthy weight. As you get older and taller you gain muscles and height, and that causes you to gain weight. Don't be alarmed by the fast gained weight unless you are constantly eating junk food and not exercising, but other that that, you shouldn't worry yourself.
Hope I helped!
=]

fernando torres <33
Rating
yes
ur a fat cow

♥elayna loves dylan♥
Rating
no! its just that when ur brests got larger you gained weight dont worry about it! 114 is a great weight!

googly_eyez13
Rating
no no no no no! not at all! ur only 13 years old its not healthy for you to be going on any diets. ur body is still developing, hence why u went up 2 cup sizes. If you feel like ur getting "chunky" then just try and eat healthy, fruits vegetables, milk, water, and not a lot of junk food or pop. and if ne thing just participate in some extra activities like running or sports, but dont over do ne thing because it can cause ur body to crash. I hope this was helpful, and dont let nebody EVER tell u ur fat and need to change. Im sure ur a beautiful young lady, and If you are happy with ur self thats all that matters.

=)
Rating
nope, you're totally healthy. By usin' BMI calculator (Body Mass Index), the result yields 20.3 which means you're in the healthy range (18.5-24.3)
Don't worry, you're in shape

You can check it out yourself
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

iGurpZ
Rating
No your just growing...

rachael m
Okay, you are 13, your bra size and hip size went up, duh, you're developing a woman's shape. Consider that you could have messed up the measurements (they're hard to get perfect), but look at your mom, aunts, older sisters, who ever, and also if you got your period recently, generally women stop growing about 1 year after they start their period. If you haven't got your period yet, I bet you will soon. Also consider heights in your family, if women are 510, you will probably grow more in height, so it's hard to tell your overall shape, but if women are shorter, this might be it, so you may be curvy/hourglass shaped. Consider your eating and exercise recently, but 114 seems a good weight for your height, still (your BMI just went from 18.6, very close to underweight, which is 18.5, to in the normal range, at 20.5, and normal goes up to 24 bmi). Try to continue (or start) healthy habits, like exercise, and then don't worry about pounds or size too much, except when it reminds you you've gotten off track (like too many snacks or whatever). Hope this helps.

Ashley G
Your 13 you shouldn't need to worry about your weight. Also muscle ways more than fat so that can be your solution. Look at yourself in the mirror. Are you satisfied with what you see?

Marisa94
Rating
I'm 13 too, I'm 5'7 and weigh about 116-120 pounds I think. And I'm like really skinny. At this age you should way about 115 pounds at the least(although my height adds). That's what my doctor said anyway. If I were you I wouldn't worry. You're most likely just growing. So you do not need to lose weight in my opinion.
Hope I helped,
Marisa

mawisahhhhhhhhhhhhh
no its your growth spurt you have a very healthy weight

merk4hire518
Rating
i really don't know what those sizes mean except the 32c but if you have before and after pictures that would help

Jason D
Rating
why did you just broadcast your bra size?

neesa_16
Rating
no that means your hitting puberty

perfectly normal

weight doesnt mean anything because muscle weighs more than fat

are u healthy is the question

Aubreigh S
Your doctor or health care provider is the best source to help you determine if you need to lose weight. Your doctor may use the Body Mass Index chart or a weight calculator for kids, similar to the height/weight/body mass index calculator on the site. What is Body Mass Index? Body Mass Index is weight/(height)2, which is your weight divided by your height times itself. Please check my source, it will help.

klfdajsdl
Rating
i bet ur just going through puberty or something

aDAM
your perfectly healthy. just keep working out and eating right. focus on being happy not on an unhealthy and unrealistic figure.

trust me. ur fine.

Aaron P
Rating
you're growing, it's normal.

robotdrivers
no naturally girls your age gain weight in the hips and breast area its just your bodies way of saying its getting ready to have a baby NOT that you are just the natural way of getting itself ready

kyy!
no!
i'm pretty sure that you just growing.

lucy
Your body is going though changes your at that age for that

Maddie
God no!!

whistlebritches_17
Rating
You are 13, you don't need to diet or worry about that, just focus on being healthy.

Young Hot Mama!
You are normal, your body is just changing, you are becoming a woman! Congrats!

(haha) HAILEY (xo)☆¸.•*¨*`•
Rating
you are the same height and weight as me and i don't think i need to lose weight.

Sami
Rating
How many times are you going to ask this question? you're probably going through puberty.

ja lap uh no.
Rating
you're only thirteen, this is normal, you're still growing! please don't let people and the media make you think you need to be extremely skinny and loose weight.

froggypjs
You're becoming a woman. Enjoy! It sounds like you have some great curves now.

You DO NOT need to lose weight. Many women would kill for your body as is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, February 5, 2015
Terms of use - Privacy Policy