Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i overweight?
Im 14 years old 137 pounds and 5'8 am i overweight?...

Skipping meals help?
How bad is it to only eat dinner. If I skip breakfast, for lunch have maybe some water and a bag of pretzels and then just eat a big dinner. I'm a 20 year old female (if that matters)...

How fat am i?
My mum tells me i need to lose weight, my dad constantly asks me whether i've exercised and i've been made fun of at college for being fat. so what do u people think? and how much do i need ...

Is diet coke bad for you?

Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom ...

Why do men with big bellies (On a hot day) walk around in their front yard showing off their fat belly?
Don't they know it hurts everyone's eyes?
Additional Details
Sometimes they do yard work and their big tummy hangs 6 inches ...

Does skipping meals make you lose or gain weight?
I recently gained weight after I stopped running and I need to slim down some. So I'm wondering if skipping meals is going to make my lose weight or gain weight. Among other things that I'm ...

Im 13 yrs and i want to lose weight!?
im 5'1-5'2 and im 155 lbs
i want to lose 50 lbs
how long will it take?
i kinda excercise.
what do i eat!
im sick of people making fun of mee!!
:'(...

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

Andy
Is drinking coffee safe for teenagers?
i heard that drinking coffee will stunt a teenager's growth but is that true and i mean teenagers age 13-19.

rawr <3
i like starbucks coffee, & im 14.
but im not sure if it's like bad for them..like it would stop them growing..im not sure =/

tara
idk if its safe for tennagers.....
i tried it once and i got a cold
from it and i will never try it
again!! lol =)

Ashley
Ok, I dont think its true. I'm 14 and I've been drinking coffee since I was in the 5th grade and I'm 5'7", which is not short.

other 2
yup its it....i do it all the time

soulreaper
I drink it, it don't do anythin to moi

Christoph
Rating
Its safe.

but bottom line is your screwed if your going out for sports
and your endurance and stamina will drop drastically.

s k
It depends how many cups you drink a day. And if you get caffeine from other stuff like strong tea, coca cola etc. Too much caffeine might mean less calcium in your body and it could in very rare cases has the effect you've mention.

Laughing Skull
Rating
I think people say that as for every cup of coffee you drink, you could have drank an orange juice, or milk et al, so the same would apply to soft drinks.

I drank coffee as young as 10 and I'm taller than average... as tall as my tallest relatives and slightly taller than most of my immediate family.

Men don't stop growing until 21 btw.

cyanide
Any sort of caffeine drink is bad in large amounts.It won't stunt your growth but it will put unwanted pressure on your kidneys.Not only that,it will keep you awake for hours & probably make you hyperactive.Children & teenagers are more susseptable to the effects of caffeine & therefore should not drink too much of the stuff.Everything in moderation ok.

thalathamarai
Rating
Nothing if you take other drinks will harm (tea milk exceptions)

Harmony S
thats false coffee will NOT stunt growth, in fact a bit of coffee once in a while is good cause it cleans liver(its a detoxifant). Just dont drink huge grande coffee like they do everyday, a bit of cappuccino is good.

Viviana
Nope! Not true! It just keeps you awake so it gives you less sleep and then you don't grow when you don't sleep, if you sleep the same than it shouldn't hurt. Unless you are like me and get too hyper from half a cup (I'm 18) then it is dangerous...........

psychicdude9000
Rating
it depends on the amount of caffeine and the individual teenager, but i wouldnt suggest it. i still drink it anyway

FantasyGeek
Drinking coffee is not good whether it stunts your growth or not. You'll become addicted to it, and it's terrible to be addicted to anything, even caffine. If you like the taste... well, do you eat ice cream every day? And if you do it to wake up, try going to bed earlier, and starting homework earlier. I know it feels like you can never get enough sleep -- I'm 14. But I make sure that I only drink coffee once every two weeks, if then. So, don't drink coffee.

Joe B.
Rating
The coffee monster might attack you.

Mom of 2 great boys
If that was true, so would any caffeine product would stunt the growth.
Coke, Pepsi, Tea.
No, it's not true.
:-)

a v
Rating
it is not the coffee that is what is stunning the growth, but the lack of sleep that comes with the cafeen

luvlilpup
Rating
It doesn't matter, but the only thing you have to worry about is high blood pressure, but the way to lose high blood pressure is to eat dark chocolate.

SunnyMoon
Rating
Coffee will not stunt your growth. But drinking more than one cup a day is not good for a teen.

♥ kaykaygrits ♥
Rating
i hope it stops my growth im too tall... it is bad for teeth but i mean i take good care of my teeth... but i lvoe coffee and i have been addicted since i was 11 and now i am 14

prettilexi
Rating
eh idk, but why drink it anyway if it's a risk?
go for red bull if you wanna stay up.
most of my friends drink monsters, or like starbucks caps.

chelsi
thats just a myth, started because parents didn't WANT their kids drinking coffee

cassieandclyde
Rating
I don't know about stunting their growth, I do know that it's bad for your teeth, stains, bad breath, etc.

kAiTlYnXkAlEiDoScOpE
In the begining of the school year [in science] we had to pick an article on anything that involves science, and right an essay about the article and I picked one about caffeine [coffee] so I hope this article helps you out with your question!!!
http://sciencenewsforkids.com/articles/20070919/Feature1.asp

Thnx!

ps. if tht website doesn't let you click on it and go, you may wanna try copying it and pasting it on to your address bar then press enter or go or wht evr lol

Subhajyoti S
Certainly not.Frequent usage causes insomnia.

Bob S
yes but u don wanna have it alot cuz ull get addicted and itll ruin ur teeth but its good 4 a great strt on school mornin

mental
Coffee doesn't stunt anyone's growth. It has no nutritional value and according to this weeks theories may actually do you some good. (Last week they were saying something different however and they keep changing their minds). Coffee, especially black coffee without cream and sugar certainly couldn't be any worse for kids than all the energy drinks that are being consumed!

BigSunglasses
Rating
y wouldn't it be safe

oOo_tophothari_oOo
i dunno but coffeine is highly addictive (may be not highly but still) i drink nearly 50 cups of coffee each day and im 15 yr ol

NSangel
Drinking coffee is no good for anyone. I don't know about stunting their growth..didn't hurt me any. but I would be more concerned about the effects on sleep, agitation, and heartrate. and it's addictive too ya know.

switch to decaf. there are some that taste like regular without the nasty side effects!

naturechick80
Rating
17 and up you're usually as tall as you're going to be, so yes.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy