Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Skipping meals help?
How bad is it to only eat dinner. If I skip breakfast, for lunch have maybe some water and a bag of pretzels and then just eat a big dinner. I'm a 20 year old female (if that matters)...

How fat am i?
My mum tells me i need to lose weight, my dad constantly asks me whether i've exercised and i've been made fun of at college for being fat. so what do u people think? and how much do i need ...

Is diet coke bad for you?

Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom ...

Why do men with big bellies (On a hot day) walk around in their front yard showing off their fat belly?
Don't they know it hurts everyone's eyes?
Additional Details
Sometimes they do yard work and their big tummy hangs 6 inches ...

Does skipping meals make you lose or gain weight?
I recently gained weight after I stopped running and I need to slim down some. So I'm wondering if skipping meals is going to make my lose weight or gain weight. Among other things that I'm ...

Im 13 yrs and i want to lose weight!?
im 5'1-5'2 and im 155 lbs
i want to lose 50 lbs
how long will it take?
i kinda excercise.
what do i eat!
im sick of people making fun of mee!!
:'(...

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

I am 14 and i weight 131 is that ok?
I use to weight 125 I play soccer.I am 5.2 or 5.1 tall.I don't eat right I don't know what to eat for my age I need to loss weight cause soccer starts in about 5 weeks help please help.oh ...

I just lost 5 POUNDS!!!! Can I say WHOOOHOOO!!!!?????

What do you feed a child who cannot have bread, rice, oats, or any other kind of refinded starch?
My sister and mother have a metabolic problem that makes their heart race, my sister sweats all night, and acts absolutely wild, this only happens when they eat such foods as white bread, crusted ...

Ben's Mango ^.^
How do I stop eating?
Like, I want to see what it's like to not eat anything for a few days, but I don't know how to explain it to my mom and how to actually get the willpower to do it...

faroo
Rating
it is stupidity of not eating anything for many days u have to fallow a well planed diet that will even give u will power +confidence + a healthy body.

hello :)
dont do that!! its gunna hurt your body!

Tori
I think this is the most ridiculous thing ive heard on here. Do not even think about fasting as it is very dangerous to your health and overall well being. Food is an important part in all of our lives people dont exist without it.

dsmith68111
Its not healthy. If you are trying to lose weight you should just change up your diet. You mom can help you with that.

the_goddess_to_be
Rating
First of all, I did this for a medical study. I don't reccomend it. It is a horrible feeling to go to bed hungry. I had to go three days without food, just water. If you are doing this for dieting, it is the worst possible way to diet because the only thing you are accomplishing is to slow down your metabolism and lose water weight (which you instantly gain back). If you are just curious, depending on you age...talk to your mom and explain it to her, that you are fasting.

nakedgrandma
First of all, that is the stupidist thing,. What do you mean you want to see what it's like not to eat? You need to talk to your mom, school counselor, pastor, or somebody about this eating disorder you have. It's not funny.

thenakats
why would you want to do that? you'll feel like crap!! you need food for fuel! if you 'fast' you still have water or broth...but a 'few days' is a longggg time to go w/out food

The InGLeSH MaYJuR
well if youre going on a protest then you should care enough for your cause that you wont eat, if youre just trying to be skinny then you might fail unless youre anorexic

lindsey
tell her you feel sick to your stomach, and eating would make you throw up.

AmicaBella
when i was fifteen i thought it would be cool to do the same thing. i went 5 days without food or sleep and by the fifth day i wanted to die. i felt dizzy, weak, sick to my stomach, and i was seeing things tht werent there. it was horrible. instead of starving urself why dont u eat miniature portions of wht u want. or eats twice a day instead of 5 times a day, or whatever. thats a true way to test ur will power without putting ur health at risk. ur body uses food as fuel so if u plan to stop eating u better also plan to stay in bed and not do anyhting that requires energy. and for the record, i dont advise that u do that.

Addicted To Abercrombie & Fitch
Rating
Tell her you're fasting. Or everytime she asks if you want something to eat, say you already ate.

crosseyedforcakes
Rating
You stop putting things in your mouth.

You just stop.

If you feel the need to start again.

Remember why you started.

I don't reccommend stopping, but if you want to, that's the best way.

shanamoakler
don't be lame. you'll start to feel sick and your family will start to worry. why would you want that?

StarsAreStatic
Rating
Fasting to cleanse your body.

Say you already ate.

SeraPhim
Rating
just take ice cubs it cuts down on hunger urges. just don't do it for a long time, its bad for you noy to eat.

WHAT THE HELL
Rating
uhhh, you have to eat something everyday in order to be healthy. Unless you're doing like a famine thing to raise awareness for hunger, I don't think thats a good idea.

SUPERMAN
Salam

Close mouth, and stop hand from feeding mouth.
Lol!

gucci
never do that, eating disorders are very bad

alaina g
you need to pace yourself and self -talk in what your doing 0r keep yourmind off it like watching TV,reading ,listening music.

itsALICE!
if you don't have the willpower to do it, then don't do it.

.. Christain
You have to prepare your mind by thinking out your plan, and set a date you can live with, like (not today but I can start next friday because saturday and sunday I have no school, work, also, there will be no special foods around to tempt me to fail, ect... thus no activities that will demand that much from me), and think on your plan until the day comes, that's how you prepare your mind to do it, then on friday if temptation gets the best of you, then, (drink water only for those 3 day's, it cleanses your body), eat only soups, preferrably broth with no solids, then resume your fast, (it's very good for you), very healthy to do and ocasional fast. The most I've ever been able to fast is 10 day's, I don't remember if 13 or 15, but I know that 10 tops, Oh and before I go, you can even prepare your mind by planning it for next month or other.

Cat
I dont think that is a good idea at all. Why would you even want to stop eating. Eating foods that are good for you, give you energy!!! If you want any kind of willpower.....EAT!!!! Is it a weight issue??? You didnt say. if so, let me know!!!! i will help you!

B.Kevorkian
Set a specific goal, don't try to fast 'for as long as you can.' Between sunrise and sunset might be a good one to try, first.

Be sure to drink water durring your fast.

If you want to fast for days, I'd suggest seeking medical advice.

$$$
Rating
Close your mouth.

Kathryn
Drink liquids and don't eat anything solid. It will help with the empty feeling. Tell your mom you want to cleanse your body of toxins and need to fast for a few days.

derekrodgers233
sew ur lips together

whackywaces
why do u want to stop eating in the first place?

as to your mom explain to her why u want to fast for a few days

ambermoon
Rating
Its not simple and I'm not sure if anyone could offer you a method to use, Determination would be the best bet, Drink lots of water as that usually fills people up. Starving is unhealthy and could physically do damage to you

Ayo A
Rating
tell her u are fasting!

La UNiCA DeSii
okay first, why would u like to try it??
Well then lol okay

okay you need to Drink alot of water so you dont dehydrate and your not tempted to eat something..

So for the next couple of days while you dont eat drink water.. if you feel dizzy you have to eat because thats your blood pressure dropping.. okay??

Be Careful

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy