Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What are some good ways to make yourself get up early! say like 6:00 or 7:00?
i have to get up early to run 4-5 miles because i'm on the crosscountry team but i can't get up an earlier then 8 or 9!!! how do i wake up that early!!! (besides an alarm clock! i already ...

Am i fat..you tell me!?
hey here are my stats..

age 15
weight 74kg or 163 pounds
height about 5 8"
waist 34-35 inches

so am i fat???

thanks guys!...

Am i overweight?
Im 14 years old 137 pounds and 5'8 am i overweight?...

Skipping meals help?
How bad is it to only eat dinner. If I skip breakfast, for lunch have maybe some water and a bag of pretzels and then just eat a big dinner. I'm a 20 year old female (if that matters)...

How fat am i?
My mum tells me i need to lose weight, my dad constantly asks me whether i've exercised and i've been made fun of at college for being fat. so what do u people think? and how much do i need ...

Is diet coke bad for you?

Embarrassed while jogging?
Hi. I've been jogging to lose a bit of weight, and slowly my endurance (and confidence!) has been improving. but today, it was very windy, so i just went for a jog around the block. My Mom ...

Why do men with big bellies (On a hot day) walk around in their front yard showing off their fat belly?
Don't they know it hurts everyone's eyes?
Additional Details
Sometimes they do yard work and their big tummy hangs 6 inches ...

Does skipping meals make you lose or gain weight?
I recently gained weight after I stopped running and I need to slim down some. So I'm wondering if skipping meals is going to make my lose weight or gain weight. Among other things that I'm ...

Im 13 yrs and i want to lose weight!?
im 5'1-5'2 and im 155 lbs
i want to lose 50 lbs
how long will it take?
i kinda excercise.
what do i eat!
im sick of people making fun of mee!!
:'(...

Im 12 im about to be 13 i do pushups everyday will that stunt my growth?
im 5'9...

What has been the most successful diet you've ever been on?
Mine was just a simple cutting down the junk and limiting my calorie intake - despite years of trying all the faddy ones!...

Can you get drunk taking alcohol anally and would there be any calorie intake ?

How many calories per day should a woman eat in order to lose weight?

Can i lose 8lbs in 8 days?
I need to lose 8lbs, by the 16th. Can somebody help me please?!

I need like a exercize and meal plan, plllease?...

Strongest muscle in your body?
Could somebody tell me what the strongest muscle in the body is as my brother says its your tongue but im not sure can anyone tell me if this is true.No silly answers please!!...

NEED To Lose 60 Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hello,

I'm Bjork. Female. 29 years old. 5'4" and a nasty 125 lbs. My belly is disgusting. I exercise daily. I drink tons of fluids. I used to be at a *much* lower ...

What should I say to my dad?
I am 16. I am 5'1" and I weigh about 125 pounds. Which isn't tiny. But it's not huge either. My dad often makes comments about me being fat. "Have you told anyone you are 7 ...

What is the best way to lose weight?
Im 15, 5' 5", and weigh 170 pounds.
I want to lose around 30-50 pounds. What are the best ways to lose weight and keep it off?
(oh and ive been vegeterian for like a month)

How much would you like to weigh?
Come on ladies be honest now!Guys too!...

noname.
Am I anorexic???
I'm 14 and have problems with my weight. I'm 5'3" (156 cm) and I'm 84 pounds (6 stone 39 kg) Does this mean I'm fat??? I really want to loose some weight and I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror.. I skip breakfast and lunch everyday.. but I still haven't lost any weight.. of course my mum doesn't know I skip these meals.. but my dad's always saying I'm too skinny.. is he right or just saying it??? Please help!!! .. oo .. and.. whether relevant or not I'm a veggie..
Additional Details
No horrible answers please!

Ourson
Rating
1/ Chill Out - you're 14, it's normal for you to be freaked out about how your body is looking, you're growing and often some parts grow faster than others so you think you look weird. the answer is, you probably do, but there's nothing you can do about it, and there's nothing to worry about - you're normal, even if you think your friends in school look different/better - just don't sweat it.
2/ being a veggie is totally relevant, unless you have read lots of good books on nutrition chances are you're missing some things and eat too much of others, so no wonder you feel like your diet has something to do with how you look - my advice: go back to eating fish and chicken at least, plus fresh fruit and vegetable, keep your portions small and eat regular meals
3/ the most important factor is your posture and your physical activity - work on both of these with a good diet and you'll see the difference within 6 weeks.

good luck

Danibair
Rating
you are way too skinny.. talk to your mom and then get some help from a counselor

BLADE
at 5'3" 84 is not all that skinny, i mean yea it is for sure, but not as if you were 5'7" or 5'8"... at your height , you should probably aim for a bit higher though as i beileve for your height around 100 lbs. is avg weight

uNF0rtUn4t3$n0rT
Rating
You should tell your mom how you feel. You're not fat. But I bet she could help, moms can always help.

kaplah
Rating
No, you are not fat. You are skinny. When I was your age and size, I weighed 95 pounds and was desperately trying to gain weight so folks couldn't see my bones when I put on a bathing suit. My daughter is also not fat, and although she's considerably taller than you, she weighs almost 130 pounds at 13 and has model proportions.

Starving yourself is a wonderful way to screw up your natural metabolism. When you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode and then when you do eat it rushes to store as much as you can which amounts to fat. If you want to diet, diet, but don't starve yourself. The key word in diet is DIET. Which means, what you eat, not what you don't eat.

Not eating will make your skin look bad, ruin your nails and hair, foul your breath and make your teeth and bones brittle. If you'd rather be skinny with nasty hair, missing teeth and discolored skin, that's your business, but beauty is about alot more than skinny.

You're too skinny. Get yourself a veggie burger piled high with fixins and wash it down with a fruit smoothie. Eat breakfast EVERY DAY. No skipping. Breakfast straightens out your metabolism and brings your body out of the fast mode it goes into while sleeping, but do it gently. No bacon and eggs. You want fiber and protein. Have a soy fruit smoothie or a bowl of high fiber cereal like Uncle Sams or Kashi. Breakfast sets your body up for the rest of the day.

Eat a piece of fruit halfway through the morning, or some trail mix, a light lunch, something with some protein, another small snack after school, my daughter likes a bowl of cold rice and milk but I go for toast and peanut butter and a big glass of milk, and then have dinner with your family.

You need to eat healthy, but you need to eat. If you're going to obsess about eating, obsess about eating healthy! If you can't stand to look in the mirror, go to a shrink. What you are doing is unrealistic and unreasonable.

Stevo
Are you for real? No, you aren't fat. You may have some underlying problems if you can't stand to look at yourself in the mirror.
Please, take the time to REALLY look at yourself. Not necessarily in the mirror, but inside yourself. At 14 years of age, you shouldn't be so consumed with apperance. You should be out having fun, and enjoying yourself with friends.
Talk to someone, anyone. Relax a bit, and enjoy life. There will be plenty of more important issues to worry about later in life. If you get some answers now, you will be much happier in life.
Take care, and go get some lunch!

The_Magician
Do NOT be Anarexic. You are not fat, you're skinny (which is in a way good). See a counselor and if you seriously think anarexia is ok, read the story below.

I know this girl from school who thought she was fat (I never thought she was) and she became anarexic. After a while, her voice's pitch went higher, her face looked like an ice cream cone (normal at the top, conelike at the bottom), and her skin would have been ghostly white if she hadn't tanned (she looked like burned toast). She ended up having to go to the hospital for 3 weeks! If she hadn't gone to the hospital, she would have died due to anarexia.

sway_ii
I would say yes you have a problem, you need to get counseling and you need to speak with your parents. Not Eating will seriously afrfect your health and going on long enough the way you are can have detramental affects on you in the future.

Please get help.

Rufino C
u r too skinny so stop skipping meals u should maybe weigh 100 pounds

♥Hoping For A Little One♥
Rating
i dont want to sound horrible sweetie....but 84 pounds too small for someone who is 5'3. i know its hard but u do need to eat in order to be healthy.breakfast is the most important mel of the day so make sure u eat that. u might also need to talk to a therapist who can help you through your body image problems.
i wish you the best of luck

Destiny
Rating
YOU ARE ANOREXIC! thats bad very bad. your really i mean really skinny. you cnat just skip meals thats even worst. i say you eat, eat, and eat! im 15 and im 130. im not fat though im thick but im healthy. try eating more and please dont skip meals thats makes everything worse. eat when your hungry :)

bugjjo
84 pounds is very to skinny... You are becoming unhealthy!!!!

bunny
Rating
YES you are. Get help before you ruin your organs or die in the process.

Christy
Dear - if you only weight 84 lbs and you are 5'3" you are far too skinny. I am 5'0" tall and I weight 98 lbs and people tell me that I am to skinny. I am shorter than you and I weight more than you but I wear a size 0 and I know I am skinny - I know you are skinny, too. It is not healthy for you to skip meals and deprive yourself of food. I am glad you realize that you may have a problem but the next step is fixing the problem. You also need to understand that your body needs food, including fats to function. Good vitamins like vitamin C can only be used if there is fat somewhere on the body to process it because most vitamins are fat soluble, not water soluble. This means they have to have fat to process.

I had a friend who is the (seriously) the prettiest person I know who was anorexic and bulemic for a long time and no one knew about it. It is very unhealthy for you to live this way. You will become fragile and weak, bones will break easily, and you will be more tired all the time. Your body needs food for energy. Your skin needs certain foods to be healthy and glow.

What needs to be done is you need to tell an adult you trust, whether it be your mom, dad, friend's parent, councelor, anyone about your problem and get some help.

There are healthy choices you can make and remain thin. I see that you said you are a vegetarian and that is your choice but there are meat alternatives like beans you should include in your diet to ensure that you get all of the nutrients you need. I suggest you see a nutritionist as well to help you plan a healthy diet.

Gartenzwerg
Rating
Not eating will cause your body to use muscle tissue for energy, since it does not have enough food calories to use for energy.

What this does in short is cause damage to your heart.
( That is why people who are anorexic have heart attacks)
You are not fat and you need to eat sensibly.
You need to be at atleast 100-110 pounds, depending on your build.

Have a little to eat at the other meals, and be a veg if you want, just eat healthy.

VA Girl
Yikes, baby girl! You are 23 lbs underweight!! Normal weight for a 5'3" female is 107-141...with 107 lbs already on the extra-skinny side! Are you trying to get down to your birth weight? Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian. I just switched over to the V side 3 weeks ago, myself. But you still need to eat! You don't want your hair falling out, bone problems or other unnecessary health problems all because you can't see how utterly & supremely thin you really are. You should also have the issues checked out as to why you have this body image distortion and why you've become anorexic in the first place. Please eat! I'm sure your parents would like to see you around for the rest of their lives.

Trillian
You are way too skinny for your height. Please seek professional help. You should not be skipping any meals. You may think that it will do you good now but in the long term, you're cutting your life expectancy short and making yourself rife for internal complications. You owe yourself a life.

tsbr1963
If you skip meals, you are unhealthy.

If your dad says you are too skinny...you probably are.

5' 3" and 84lbs sounds like you are too thin. And, I am guessing that if you are not eating 2 meals....then not only are you skinny, but you are probably weak and generally unhealthy on top of being skinny. Its a pretty bad combination.

Most fit girls i know with 5'3" height are around 110 to 125lbs. And, I will tell you right now...they don't have more than 14% body fat. They can run like the wind and do sub 45 10k, bike faster than most guys, and swim like dolphins...finishing 1500m in less than 25minutes in open water. They look great and are really really healthy.

I think you need to talk to a doctor about what you consider "healthy"....because your definition of "healthy" seems to be "skinny".

If you don't like how your body looks, I am guessing its cause you have almost no muscle tone cause you are too weak to work out. Also...I am guessing that if you put ON 20lbs and worked out more...you'd look a hell of alot better than you do now and you'd probably like your body.

tonafun
AT YOUR AGE YOUR MAY STILL BE CARRYING SOME BABY FAT, YOU WON'T BE REALLY DEFINED UNTIL YOUR LATE TEENS. YOU SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT THIS STUFF RIGHT NOW OR YOU WILL DEVELOP AN EATING DISORDER.

YOU HAVE TO EAT! SKIP LUNCH OKAY BUT YOU SHOULD AT LEAST EAT BREAKFAST. YOUR BODY IS DEVELOPING RIGHT NOW AND NEEDS LOTS OF NUTRITION, SO PLEASE HAVE SOME FRUIT OR SOMETHING IN THE MORNING AND A HEALTHY DINNER.
YOU DON'T WANT A POORLY DEVELOPED BODY WHEN YOU GET OLDER CAUSE YOU OBSESSED AS A CHILD. TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND DON'T WORRY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK.

angelsforanimals
OK I am going to be very gentle with this answer. Teenagers don't always have a great self image. Sometimes their esteems are low. Kids get picked on for some of the stupidest things. Like wearing glasses, or being too fat. A person your age and your height should weigh at least 105lbs on the low side and 125lbs on the high side. This is the average weight. Seeing how you are 20lbs less than the average I would not diet. You need to find out what your underlying problems are. Is your mom fat and you don't want to be? Have you been a victim of some sort of abuse that has distorted your self image? Do you look at pictures in the magazines and think to yourself I want to be just like that when I grow up? Seeing that you are a vegetarian, I am not a true Vegan but I don't eat meat, there is still proteins that your body needs. Dietary supplements is a great recommendation. This is not a game or anything to joke about. Anorexia will kill you. I know this because my best friend was anorexic and she ended up dying because she wouldn't eat. She looked like a skeleton and still she thought she was fat. There is therapy to help you through this and your parents should know how you are feeling right now. If you don't feel that your parents understand then you need to find some adult person you trust so they can help you. Good Luck. Food is not the enemy.

steph
Rating
i would agree that you shouldn't worry about losing any more weight.. take a look at nicole ritchie as of lately (she's around 5"2)
and i forget how much she weighs now... probably around the same wieght..)

and she's very thin..
not that i think one should model herself off nicole ritchie.. hehe..

but yeah i woudln't worry about weighing to much if i were you

jenn
It is relevant that you are a vegetarian...there's protein in meat which is a necessity to have healthy muscles...you know if you were to fall down right now you'd probably break something. You're depriving yourself of the nutrients you need....which is going to hurt your health a lot. You're going to be more likely to get sick and you're probably tired a lot. You need to go to a counselor and get help...your minimum weight at that heigh should be 110 pounds and you are WAYYY under that. It's just very unhealthy. Get help...my friend was like that and she's still getting help after 3 years!

hottie
yr weight is below what a normal person of yr height and age should be. a few more extra pounds on would be a healthy thing. it would be great to actually eat healthy and excercise if yr worried about gaining fat. then you could be lean and weigh a nice weight and look slim then everyone would be happy. but yes sweety yr very much under weight and the sickness which it is can lead to death. yr teeth will rot yr heart will fail yr kidneys will contantly get infections. you will get infections in yr body all the time because yr whole system breaks down. this is yr illness. its up to you to become healthy again.

chamberlainjk
Please seek help.

At 5' 3" and 84 lbs you maybe at a weight that can become very detrimental to your health. Your body needs a certain amount of body fat to work properly. You have a potential to harm your kidneys, heart and liver. These are all organs that you can not see and many times do not find a problem with until it is too late and permanent damage has occured. I know you probably feel that it will never happen to you, but it happens to somebody everyday and they all said the same thing the day before it happened.

Please talk to your mother and father, If you find it hard to talk to them find an adult friend or family member to speak to and ask them to help to talk to your parents. There are many dietitians that can help maintain a healthy weight and can also recommend exercises that will help keep you lean.

Good Luck

Kjo
Rating
Eat girl life is too short not to!

Azarr
Rating
just eat better u are propably a girl so but 5'3" and only weighing 39 kg thats very skinny
actually too skinny try to be 45 to 50 not more

jack m
Rating
yes u skinny *****

Limeatron
Rating
ur underweight which would be why you dont have ur period as often as you should have.
you need to sort it out coz ur doing damage to ur body. you should try and go see a councellor or doctor, i know you dont want to but you really need to.

if ur not eating a balanced diet (which you can do even if ur veggie) the your not gonna grow, and you'll end up with all sorts of bone problems if you consume enough calcium.

SORT IT!!!!

eayrin
Rating
Yes you are too skinny, The reason that you haven't lost any weight is because your body thinks that you are starving this is because you are skipping meals. You really shouldn't skip meals this will mean that you don't get the nutrients your body needs.

sirdaz_uk
You're 14 and obviously scared, why else have you asked on here? This suggests to me that you realise that your dad is right (and 6 stone makes you no weight at all, hence why you don't lose any, your bones have to weigh something!).

You may not be annorexic, but I would suggest you should seek help. If you can't go to a councillor then at least try to eat regularly. I would suggest someone of your height should be nearer 8 stone.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy