Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say ...

Does the stomache shrink when a person looses weight?

My butts way to big for my body, what do I do?
I am a regular sized prson Not fat nor super skinny
Additional Details
OMG people I am like the most atheltic girl in my school!!! i don't think i need to do any more work outs than ...

Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

I am an 18 year old who has a beer belly, is there a solution?
I have gained 50 pounds in the course of one year. I wieghed in about 170 when I was 17 now I am 220, and I have grown but not too much. Most of the weight was stored in my abdominal area. I have ...

How can i get thinner arms?

For the guys?
what do u boys think about a girls weight? does it matter? i mean do u like model skinny, curvy, fat, whatever??? do they have to be a certain weight? what? just tell me wat ya think please :)...

Yea i have 8 kids?
me an my hubby work damn hard an no we claim no state benefits.all my children were wanted and are loved.and yes we have a telly yawnnnnnnnn.and id much rather be a size 12 then a size 22 plus im ...

5'10 model only 110lbs !!??
I watched a news program last night about how models smoke to suppress their appetite so that they don't have to eat; this one chick said she was 5'10 and 110 pounds! I was thinking of ...

Am i anorexic?
i dont eat breakfast and i dont eat lunch at school.i am naturally very skinny (one of those people who can eat a ton but never get fat). i dont eat not bcuz i think i am fat...i just dont like ...

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Heather Marie
How fast can I lose 50-60 pounds?
I'm a very active person. I play tennis and volleyball after school every day along with doing 1 hour to 1 hour 1/2 dance routines at night. What is the best way to lose 50-60 pounds fast? And how fast can I lose it?
My goal is to lose at least 10-12 pounds a month. Is that possible?
Extra information: I'm 16 years old/female
Additional Details
At this point I weigh around 165

rustoria617
Rating
50-60 pounds is too much. 30 would be ok.

Cut your intake to 1800 balanced cal/day with some extra protein. Keep up your activity level and if possible, do some lifting to build your muscles. You should be able to lose a couple of pounds a week, if you don't cheat too much.

With that activity level and at your age, you should not drop below the 1800 per day. Your extra protein should ideally come from fish(canned tuna is good), and chicken. But pinto beans, peanut butter, eggs, and milk are good too. Lots of vegges and fruit for a good balance.

As others have said, forget the pills and potions. And for sure don't fall for all that BS about cleansing/detox.

Lots of water is fine, but no need to overdo it. As summer comes on, you'll need more to stay well hydrated. The color of urine is a good guide. Pale yellow is just right. Dark yellow, you need more water. Clear and you've drank more than you need.

Good Luck.

Tony o
Rating
hmmn everything is possible, do more exercise and skip dinner mostly, get extra detail at http://www.loseweightcool.blogspot.com

Ram R
Rating
if you lose 10 pounds per week, you will have a lot of stretch marks. losing weight will take some time. to lose weight, but dont have a stretch mark, you can only lose 2-5 pounds a month

Superman C
Rating
i don't think it would be very heathly to lose 50-60 pounds for a 16 year old. that not for me to say i am a dr i know if u did you propbaly be skinny very skinny. depends on how much you wheigh

DZigo
Rating
Umm anything is possible, but only if your determined

Lindsey
Rating
Just stay active. Watch your portions. Don't eat too many sweets. Diet pills never work. If you read the fine print is says "with diet and exercise." they should put "pill doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!" You never know how long it will take, depending on your metabalisim.

Gabi ♥
how much do you weigh?

pwaygirlie
Rating
It's recommended that people only lose 2 pounds per week, so a goal of no more than 8 pounds is a good idea. Speak to a doctor or nutritionist to set up an eating plan. Don't fad diet.. they don't work.. if you lose weight to quickly, it's almost impossible to keep off. It's like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race.

Erin
its only healthy to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Make sure you eat a LOT of extra carbs and protein since your exercising so much.

Lost............................
Rating
Definitely, exercise is the best way to lose weight. However, losing 50-60 pounds sounds like a lot of weight to lose. Are you sure you need to lose that much? Anyways, I've seen people lose that much weight within 3 months but it takes a ton of work. These people usually exercised for at least two hours a day, working every part of their body too. When you're exercising during the week make sure your doing all types: cardio, muscular, and stretching workout/exercises. The best way to lose fat is to exercise for a long period of time. Exercising for a short period of time burns mostly carbs not fat. Of course, keep a healthy diet so your work doesn't go to waste. Power walking for an hour then eating a mccdonalds meal will do you no good. Eating healthy basically means eating for nutrition and cutting back on empty calorie foods.

Siine
Rating
a healthy weight loss plan involves losing 2 pounds a week. anything more and its unhealthy and you'll likely gain the weight back.

munjie
how much do you weigh now?

pattito97
my sister has stopped eating rice and it helped.also a lot of exercise and eating fruits and vegetables.hope i helped.

Zombie Runner
you gota try and do the following

1) create a calorie deficit ... that doesnt mean starve yourself - NO .. have 5-6 small meals instead of fewer but heavier meals

2) run everyday for atleast 40 mins .. try and cover atleast 5-6 kms in that time

3) weight training .. 3-4 days a week

4) reduce carbs, increase protein intake

iloveweddings
Hi. Well, you are already doing a ton of exercise, so the only thing else to do is to eat very healthy. Drink LOTS of water. Do NOT eat fast food. Get a little calorie counter book and write down everything you eat for the day and add it up. You may be surprised at how many calories you are eating without realizing it.

The ONLY way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in. A safe goal is 2 lbs. a week for weight loss. So aim for 8 pounds a month.

Good luck! (I'm on the same path, although I need to lose 30-40 lbs.)

The-King-Of-Kingz7
Rating
if your very active as you say you are then keep doing what your doing and stay level headed. Eat healthy and Exercise.

YAH-DDICT
Rating
Honesty the first step is a Doctor. Your healt before at all.

wannabefree
Rating
2 months

jlbtnc
Rating
thats not good, should only loose 1-2 lbs a wk, watch your calorie intake. probably 9-12 months maybe a little longer, not good to loose weight fast, because will put weight back on

Rachelle G
Water diet.

Answer Fairy
Rating
About 7 1/2 months. Sorry. Well, you COULD lose it faster, but then it would just come back. Then all your hard work would have been for nothing.

However, if you are as active as you say, then you do not want to lose weight. You want to lose inches. Muscle weighs more than fat. I have a girlfriend who is a size 2 and she weight 160. She's just packed full of muscle.

So, why don't you set your goal to size. If you are a size 10 now, and you want to be a four, then that would make more sense. Even if my friend went anorexic, I doubt she could drop below 130 pounds, you see?

™KENDRA♥
Rating
it may take about 4-5 months.
any ways..
i advise you to drink green tea 1-3 glasses per day is enough for you're age.. green tea speeds up your metabolism
drink lots and lots of water 8 glasses each day.
do not snack
do not eat 6 meals a day, try to only eat 3
if you are really hungry and you've had all your daily meals snack on fruits ( oranges, apples, bananas )
exercise more try and run for at least 30 minutes a day
get more active eg: instead of asking your mom to pass you the remote control get it your self it does count as extra exercise
get more sleep it prepares your body
stretch, yes it works and it doesn't just help you lose weight it helps with you're growing to make you a little taller
count your calories try to stay under the amount of 1000 calories per day
change you're lifestyle it makes a difference
do not eat candy or chips eat more greens or protein bars
avoid fast food and cut out fried food tell you're mom when she cooks you're meal to oven cook you're food do not fry it
chew gum because when you chew gum you do not pick at food for example if theres some chips in you're cupboard you go to them a think good damn they look good then you would say no i cant pick at them because i dont wanna throw my gum away
do not eat after 6pm because before 6pm you can burn all you're food off and if you eat after six it will lay on you're stomach as you eat.
do not eat before you go to sleep
drink a glass of water before you go to sleep
drink plain hot kettle water because it speeds up you're metabolism
do not weigh you're self everyday because it torments you,weight you're self once a week ( every Monday )
become a vegan or even a vegetarian, why not it helps you're self, you're weight, you're health, the animals,
you're skin, the environment its the best way to go( i do not eat no meat, fish or eggs or any thing from animals )

when you pee a lot it is showing that you are losing weight. well good luck honey :-) take care. much love.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy