Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many calories a day?
How many calories a day should you have to be healthy but loose some weight. I know its more than 1000....

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

I'm the fattest i've ever been!!?
help! i thought i was like 100lbs but weighed myself this morning and the scales said 103, i actually can't remember the last time i weighed this much. my absoloute highest weight was like 106...

obsessed
Is drinking water bad? water weight?
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight? So do I gain weight drinking water?

oyster bay bob
no....never heard of any dieing from it

those that really matter to you!
water has nothing (unless you had flavored) it is good to drink water but dont drink too mush

╚╦Drew╦�
Drinking a lot of water is the best way to boost your metabolism and lose weight. Believe it or not, you actually LOSE water weight the more water you drink. You actually gain water weight when you don't drink enough water because if you're not drinking enough, your body absorbs and stores that water you do drink.

siva1013
I heard drinking water is good and that drinking alot of water can help yu looe weight, but then whats water weight So do I gain weight drinking wate

darkmatter
i agree with first answer

haya daghlas
Rating
for me water is great, i drink 3 liters a day.
but you lose water from your body , so please don't care about your weight,
just drink , drink , drink and it is so healthy , specially for your face , it will look younger..
Haya

x
Rating
Ok, drinking water will help you flush out your kidneys. It keeps your body cool, and regulated.

Now, drinking TOO MUCH, and you will urinate all your potassium out!!!
(This usually happens to heart patients, as they take water pills, and they have to take potassium pills also, because they urinate it all out).

Now, if I were you, I would use NuSalt, (potassium suppliment), if I was going to be drinking a large volume of water every day. Eat a lot of foods rich in potassium, so you dont damage your heart!!!

You "will" lose weight, but remember, you NEED a balanced diet, or you will shoot out all your vitamins and you will be in dire straits when it comes to needing something that isnt there, at the proper time, like the proper nutrients for brain function, kidney function, and other functions...

If you take a multi-vitamin, remember this...

Long hard losenges should be cut in half!! The pills will simply go through your body and not dissolve, so you are wasting your money!!

How do I know? I am a Class III Waste Water Operator and have buddies that tell me all about seeing the pills in the sand drying beds for the sludge, (Your potty droppings), and they are not dissolved!! So, cut them in half or quarters with one of those pill cutters, so that you will get the benefiet from them.

I wish you well..

Jesse

Pix
http://www.epica-awards.org/assets/epica/2004/winners/film/flv/06037.htm

bibby6914
Water weight is the weight you will drop almost immediatley by exercise this is how football players like me drop 10-15 pounds in a week of hard training. Seriously there is nothing wrong with it, its completley healthy and it does not do any damage to your body. What looks like fat is really water and you will see the difference in weight gain and loss. WARNING do not do this all the time though unless you dont care about stretch marks because you will get them, so only do it when you really want to lose some weight and are seriously dieting.

colada15
no silly!

icecaps
Rating
You must drink at least 2 liters of water a day because your body normally looses as much. When your body looses water(water weight) and you do not compensate you will become dehydrated. Which is worse than gaining weight.

d1jensen
Water is good for you. Water weight can be due to too much salt (makes you retain water), heart failure (an extreme example), etc. If you drank 20 oz of water you naturally will gain 20 oz since you put it into your body, but your body will excrete it over time along with bodily waste. Drinking water will help you loose weight over time too.

Loly06
you dont gain weight off of water, it could be salt , that is what usually causes water weight. so try to losen up on the salt

sonia s
Rating
ok here's a thing..if you drink lost of water or lets say enough water and thats like 12glasses of water a day it will help clean your body and help you eat less..BUT...if you dont drink enough water and lets say you have this wrong idea about water like some people do..what happens is that when your body does not get enough water it locks the amount of water that it allready has inside of your body whitch mostly causes you to see big numbers on the scales when your allready killing your self by dieting and working out this could by the main problem so drink enough water for a healtheir body and a slimmer one ;)

redjellybean
Water weight isn't real weight.
You need water to live and be healthy.
Your body is made up from water so it has to have water to function., without water you will be dehydrated which leads to other complications.
So yeah you will gain from it but it's not real weight and YES i will not stress on it more, you Should drink water.

sulak321
Rating
Only for a limited time. When you go to the bathroom you lose it.

marilyn g
the way you gain water weight is when your going or on your period and this happens when you eat salty food. so when you are on your period its best to stay away from salty foods but if you cant there is always water pills that's what there called and it helps you release excess water.

chirag p
yes you shold drink as much as water as you can. A proper intake is 12glass / day. so keep on

poodie_po
No water is good for you, Your body will get rid of the excess! so you will just make yourself pee alot.

lauren
Rating
psh no.

Paul H
There are no calories in water. Drinking a lot of water is good for you unless you really "go overboard". Water weight gain is caused by hormonal activity. Drinking water, for the most part, just passes through you except for what the body needs to absorb.

Biskit
Rating
Drinking water helps remove toxins from the body. It is very healthy. Water weight is when your body retains water. Drinking water actually helps get rid of water weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy