Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

jessica j
I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3.

lolo
are you athletic? have a lot of muscle? on the taller side? if your answer to any of these ?s is yes, then no your not overweight at all.

bou b
no depending on your height ur not

You Dont Know
you are at a normal weight.

panic=love
Rating
no, when i was 12 i weighed 117.
so, 13 pounds more is not overweight.
i stressed myself about my weight so much though,
and i still do.
but the thing is, i've stressed so much about it that i've gotten extremely depressed and did some things i shouldn't have done.
but it always seemed like nothing changed when i tried to lose weight, and sometimes it seemed like i was gaining weight.
i'm not sure if you're really worried about your weight or not, but in case you are then i just hope it doesn't get worse.
because when i was 11 years old, i tried to go without eating almost anything for 5 days, just for the heck of it.
i was NOT overweight, at all!
but i thought, hey, maybe i'll try doing this for awhile and see what it's like.
welll..
that was fine,
but after that, i kept trying to do things like that, and sometimes i couldn't, and i would get soo depressed and stuff, plus with other stuff going on in my life, nothing added up.
anyways,
2 years later, it's gone to extremes without me even trying to become so worried about my body.
it just started with a simple thought, and became something that controls my life.
Honestly, not 5 minutes goes by now that i don't think about my body,
and what i ate today,
and what i'll eat tomorrow,
etc.
It's the most horrible thing in the world to let this take control of you, and i'm being completely honest because i've been there.
i know i'm not overweight,
but i'm always seeking to be skinnier.
Please, don't be like me.
the world sure doesn't need another person like me.

WOW I AM SO SORRY FOR MAKING THAT SO LONG! HOPE YOU READ IT ANYWAYS,
IT COULD HELP YOU =]

LadyD
Rating
It depends on your height. If your height is 5 feet or lower, then you would be considered overweight.

Syd
When I was your age, I weighed around 128, but I was also the tallest girl in my grade and already had a B-cup, so I was way ahead of most girls my age. Plus, I was very active as a kid, and still am, and muscle weighs more than fat. So all of those things contribute to what is a healthy weight.

emerald_princess12
no your average!! i have two friends your age/ weight! im 12 and im 120pounds

Jen C
it depend on how tall u r

Ben.Ben
Rating
i am 14 and 120 pounds. but if your tall, it doesnt matter. it might not just be weight, probably natural muscle.

Kira S
hey i'm 12 and weigh 100 its not alot if your tall and slender then your bones weigh more and if you do have a little weight good for you come on were only 12 lets not think about weight and go ahead and tell your friends i'm not afraid why should you be? :)

Mehr Umer
you should go to doctor. he will tell you after checking your height.

funny25
Rating
It depends how tall you are.

two as one fftl
Rating
IM 14 AND 117 AND 5FOOT 4 SO I THINK YOUR A BIT OVER WEIGHT

kbean917
Rating
iam like 13 and my weight is 108.

i checked online about weight and fitness it siad im standrad and i think that a little too much for your age.

iam not trying to be mean! really!

:O
Rating
You made me laugh.

Eve
Rating
You're about average for 5'3''. A bit heavy, however that weight is there because your body needs it to go through puberty. As long as you are eating well and exercising regularly that weight will fall off after puberty is well underway.

Susannah
Rating
not 2 be mean... but im 13 and 5' and i weight 85 lbs...u are over weight... and my mom is 5'3 and 40yrs old and she weights 115lbs... shes a healthy weight 2...the doctor said...im soooo NOT trrying 2 be mean b/c i have a friend who is over weight 2... plz dont get mad.

Zobo
Wow,
You sounded just like me well not really you should just buy TURBO JAM it works wonders and also it has a diet plan!

sunflowerkisses88
I heard somewhere that for girls, you're supposed to weigh around 100lbs at 5 ft tall. And then you're supposed to gain 5lbs for every inch you grow. Not sure if that's true though...

123-GO
yes

healthy weight chart (females only)
5'0"=100lbs
5'1"=105lbs
5'2"=110lbs
5'3"=115lbs
5'4"=120lbs
5'5"=125lbs
5'6"=130lbs
5'7"=135lbs
5'8"=140lbs
5'9"=145lbs
(this weight chart gives a healthy weight to height ratio according to a BMI scale and even gives a few pounds to spare)

gumdrop
Rating
um...yea a little bit i think. are u athletic and have muscles???

mapaul04
Rating
If you are 6 feet tall no. If you are 5 feet tall.... Yes. It all depends on your height, not your age.

Cierra S
It all really depends on how tall you are. Try typing you height and weight into this: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy