Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

withoutasound
Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I should...some tips?

Manda
You are in good shape here with weight.

Height: 5 feet, 4 inches
Weight: 137 pounds

Your BMI is 23.5, indicating your weight is within the normal range for adults of your height. Maintaining a healthy weight may reduce the risk of chronic diseases associated with overweight and obesity.

For information about the importance of a healthy diet and physical activity in maintaining a healthy weight, visit Tips for Adults on Achieving a Healthy Weight.

Though you may want to go and fill out the children and teen chart to see. http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/dnpabmi/Calculator.aspx

But it doesn't hurt to eat right and excercis. It'll be better for you in the long run.

gmwillikers
That depends on what kind of food you already eat and what types of exercise you are currently doing.

If you are already eating fresh food and exercising regularly (say walking two miles, 3-4 days a week), then the answer is NO.

If you are sedentary and eat junk food, the answer is YES.

It is always best to eat fresh food (not prepared or junk food), and cook it with very little oil/grease (light amounts of olive oil are best).
Drink lots of water and exercise regularly and you will notice how great it makes y ou feel.

nikkig813
you are not way over weight i mean your body is in the process of change because of puberty but if you do not feel comfortable just eat a bit healthier and a little exercise wouldn't hurt either but i personally think that y ou are good

enigmatic33
Rating
your fine

amber a
you are still a growing child, yes you should try to eat healthier, but we all do whether we are small or not. and yes it is normal to have some concern, but i wouldn't go as far to stress about it. sounds to me you are an average size person, its not always cute to be a skinny minny. you have to have some type of curve, that defines feminism. but if you are really concerned talk to a doctor

kf30
I'm a guy, so take this how you will. I answering this with respect to you and your body. I don't know you so I am not going to say "hey get with it" or "nah, just chill". Whether your body type is right for your age or not exercise and eating healthy is something you should start as soon as possible. It's a good lifestyle to start when you're young. I'm 22 and have gained some weight in the past few years due to inactivity. In highschool i was extremely active, got to college and got lazy. Don't do that. While your in a good place to do so, get active. Being healthy can't hurt'cha. Hope that helps some.

firestarter
Exercising and eating right is a lifestyle change that should stick with you all your life. Start now and look and feel great at any age. It's unlikely that you wear a size 6 or 8 with your height and weight. Maybe you have grown taller! Good luck.

here_to_help
Rating
im same as you and i dance every day. if you get fast music then dance all crazy youll loose weight! ive lost 3 pounds in a week. its more the weight than anything but your still good. nothing mayjor

High On Life
you're fine. your height and your weight are proportional, so don't worry about it, that's a healthy weight range for you. As for me... yeah, I definitely need to start working out

ddy'sgrl77
Rating
You are probably not too young to control your diet at least. I am not for sure on the age and weight thing but if you discipline yourself now it will be wiser and you maybe won't struggle in the future with weight, and or health issues as much.

peace, love, happiness =]
work out girl!!!

Tyson
You most definitely should. For your health and well being.

I myself find getting up in the morning and going through a full day a most tiresome and not to enjoyable if i don't eat right. Your digestive system uses up lots of energy to digest. As well certain foods are not giving you energy.

You eat for energy and nutrients so you can survive and thrive.
I suggest becoming an expert now on which foods will provide you with energy and which ones don't work for you.

Go-ogle "nutrition" and make it a habit to be conscious of how you eat. It not only will provide your future with healthy body but certain things like carbohydrates actually stimulate the production of serotonin in your brain.
Serotonin is what makes you happy.
Try it, 13 now, 31 later, and you will think very highly of yourself for your good habits.

enterrador
Rating
You sound maybe a little above average but that's fine, you probably look good. If you wanna loose weight that's cool just don't loose more than 10-15 pounds. Try some excersises for about 20 minutes every day, work on different things like stomach, legs, upper body, just tone up. You sound healthy enough.

Jetgirly
Rating
Don't worry about losing weight, but DEFINITELY start a healthy eating program and get regular exercise. It's not just about looking good- it's about living a long, healthy, productive life! If you find a sport or activity you love now, you'll be so thankful when you're older!

Ask this girl
you're still young and definitely NOT fat.just exercise and eat healthy and that's all you need to do to look good and feel good.take care <3

schticklet
well, some people can weigh more and still look thin. it all depends on how someone's built. so ask yourself if your weight is even affecting the way you look.

but, if we're going on average here. i'd say you could stand to lose at least 10 pounds, which isn't that hard to lose. since it's summer, you could just go for a walk every morning or night. change won't be immediate so don't get frantic.

ntfd68
You don't need to lose any weight! You're a normal healthy size.
Besides, you're young. Don't worry about this stuff yet!

OG
I think your fine because I'm the same but I'm 15, around your weight and a size 6-8 [because of a big booty : ) ]. But I do look really skinny. People get shocked when they know how much I weigh because it looks like I weigh 100 pounds. But I think your sizes make the perfect body!

asdfghjkl
Rating
your a little over the weight limit for your age but i dont think you should worry about it. But you should excersice not cause you think your fat but because you wanna be healthy.

rosepetals_die
Rating
all that really matters is that if you feel good about the body your in...do you think you need to loose weight? or do you feel fine the way you are? it really doesnt matter on how much you weigh, for all anybody knows you may be built WAAY diff. and still look just fine at the weight you are at. in my opinion i think you sound as if you are at a healthy weight. :)

Paul G
Rating
Just look pretty and cute and just do not worry you'll get a lucky guy

Genivieve G
Rating
your still a baby. Stop worrying about your weight. Your perfectly fine for your age, height. Focas more on your inner self. Magazine pictures lies, no one is perfect, everyone has zits and flab. good luck.................

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy