Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

14 years old 5'4 and i weigh 117!!?
Do i need to lose weight??...

Is this a healthy body type for my age?
Im 13, about 137 lbs. 5'4 size 6-8...do you think I should start excercising more and eating much more healthier, or not worry about it for a while?
Additional Details
If you think I...

Does alcohol speed up your metabolism while on a diet?

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

I'm the fattest i've ever been!!?
help! i thought i was like 100lbs but weighed myself this morning and the scales said 103, i actually can't remember the last time i weighed this much. my absoloute highest weight was like 106...

lilsammyrocks
Im 16 and im seriously overweight i need to loose weight any ideas?
well im very overweight i dont like many vegetables and i am very pickey at what i eat i really need help because i dance a lot and im the largest in the group and hate it please help me and dont say youre too young pleasssse oh im a girl as well lol

xx
Additional Details
ok so im relpy 2 your answers lol i do about 2hrs at least of dancin per week and i do a lot of festivals and stuff but thanks for your answers:D

jpthedragonz
BETTER DRINK HONEY-WARM WATER MIXED FOR 3 OR 4 MONTHS.

shaneyboy
Rating
run run run.

Shacklepin
Rating
Cut your arms off

Zoe F
Rating
go on waight watchers...i lost about 2 stone from them! its really good! x

freedom
Rating
diet and exercise. you didn't say why you are overweight. i am a personal trainer and have been involved with fitness and sport my entire life. disregarding a genetic weight problem,
exercise and what you eat. that's it
minimise carbohydrates after lunchtime
cut out fatty foods completely
sugar is evil.
that still leaves plenty of foods besides vegetables, but please thee must be some kind of vegetables that you might like. tI'me to grow up on the vegetable issue im sorry.
and exercises , walk ,run, swim, ride a bike, roller blade etc humans should do some form of exercise every day
combine those two things and results happen fast.
intensity, commitment and determination. you can do it

Bugsy58
Rating
The only long lasting non yoyo type way of losing and maintaining a healthier weight is to plan to change your life style, not just what you eat or whether you do this or that type of exercise plan. It is because of your current life style that you are concerned over your weight and size, so it is that that needs altering. Diets cause people to lose then gain weight again more often than not.
If your style of life is one of a mixture of mostly good foods, regular exercise, even if only walking the dog twice a day etc, and everything in moderation, no binges or strict diets etc.
Be well, be happy and be proud of who you are more than what you look like.

mrs_a66
the gym . try exercising , running , walking .... everyday 30-60 mins . try eating alot of fruits its healthy for you:)

good luck

toxic_rock_angel
Rating
If you dance all you need to do is alter your diet. If you don't like vegetables try preparing them in more exciting ways like in curries. You're very young and don't need to go on a strict diet. Just cut out the rubbish and keep up the dancing and you'll be trim in no time.

sonic393
Losing weight is not simple. You really should get some professional help here. A nutricion can work together with you, to make a diet, that's made for you. That way, you can still eat some things you really like, instead of changing your eating pattern completely.

There's no wondercure. Drink lot's of water a day, and excercise a lot.

lbaker2656
Rating
Well start by cutting down the amount of crap food you eat ie chocolate, crisps, cakes etc. You know the bad things! Do weight-lifting. I'm not talking getting huge just toning. Muscles burn more calories. You dont say how often or how long you dance for. You could perhaps do another class or two of aerobic exercise. Walk or cycle more. Get your mates to join in. Join your local gym. Good luck. Talk to your gp. They will know how to advise you better.

Larry W
Rating
try this: how would you like to eat as much as you want, get healthy and have more energy than you have ever had?
Diets don't work. The reason they don't is that you have to restrict yourself in some way. when you do you will ALWAYS stop restricting yourself at some point.

Try some of the ideas here. Its not a diet, its a lifestyle.

miriel i vanime
Rating
I believe exercise and eating vegetables won't help at all if u don't understand why ur overweight...
everybody is unique and all of us have different needs, likes/dislikes and personnality....
Being overweight is the result, not the cause of the problem...
I think the first step would be to find ways to keep you motivated and strong psychologically.... it is up to u to find them...
good luck!

jojobabalala
Rating
excercise lots, eat healthy foods to increase your metabolism or just have boost crushes 24/7 and excercise aswell

My pic looks good
force yourself to eat veg, my parents forcd me as a child it worked well.

put you knife and fork down after each mouth full, then think am i still hungry?

eat as slowly as possible

drink lots of water

never finish whats on your plate!

Smeagzman
Go on a regular exercise routine. Running/jogging is the most helpful, go everyday in the morning, and bring plenty of water. Jog for a good 20-30 minutes, until you're sweating heavily (I'm serious).
Doing things such as passing up desert will definitely help you loose weight. And just eat slightly less.
Oh, and how often do you dance? You might want to dance often because dancing is really good for you and will help you loose weight (I know a lot of people who've learned hip-hop dancing has really "shapen" up.)

ladybugewa
just eat less junk, and don't drink any pop
dance more - for exercise

Rating
I dunno if this would help but you could try putting things on the vegetables like sauces, herbs etc to give them a bit of flavour.

Buzzy B
Rating
Workout!!

manie n
the gym

dawn
Rating
try eating sensible and small meals regular and try to go for walks, every day really cut out all high fatty foods and join a slimming club to give you advice and support

sarell
Just take it slow and be determined to reach your goal. Do Pilartes it is a lot of streching that will start you off.

Sorry to say and I know you don't like veg but try a little and work yourself up to a bit more each meal mix them in with other stuff at first that will help but veg is the way forward and there must be some that you like more than others. try them raw and cooked .

Eat fruit you will soon learn to eat better but never kick yourself for coming off your plan at any time this must be a fun even if it is a little because it is your whole life.

Godd luck I know you will eventually enjoy.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy