Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How can I grow taller?
I wanna grow taller and I will realy wanna boost my height a lot in the next 2 months can I do that, I keep hearing from friends what helps is doing sports and eating well, please tell me which ...

I am 12 and weight 130 pounds. am i overweight??

Additional Details
i am 5ft3....

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, should I loose weight (pic included)?
http://i420.photobucket. http://i420.photobucket.
T...

Is my eating today ok? Im 17 5'5 118lbs.....trying to lose weight for a beach holiday?
Its 1pm

Bfast: Dry cereal
Lunch: Shaved chicken with a bit of spinach and fetta

I will snack on an apple and other fruit.....

What should I have for dinner? Will ...

Why should I not eat whatever I want?
It's a debate I have between me and a friend of mine. We both take multivitamins, but I still try to eat right (cutting back on red meat, eating fruits and veggies). He on the other hand eats ...

HELP ME PLEASE! I am 17 and a FAT skinny person?
I think Im a FAT skinny person
Im 5'5 118lbs
Im going on a beach holiday in 2 months and wna wear a bikini
How can I tone up?
I dont have time cos im in year 12 and work.

Really want to lose weight this month, advice?
When I moved in with my husband over the summer I was exactly the size I looked good as--curvy but healthy. But after living with my husband... I ate more. I really shouldn't have, but I didn...

I'm the fattest i've ever been!!?
help! i thought i was like 100lbs but weighed myself this morning and the scales said 103, i actually can't remember the last time i weighed this much. my absoloute highest weight was like 106...

jamie_sean_carter
Whats the most effective way to fight cravings for sweets, chocolate or pastry?

b_ball_boy2005
i would eat an apple or something because it is healthy but it still fills you up

Heather
Drink lots of water. It will satisfy your hunger.

nitaspongebob
Rating
when u want the sweets eat something else like fruit or something else healthy

Hope
Sugar addiction is like any other. You have to quit entirely before the cravings go away. As soon as you eat sugar, you start the addiction/craving cycle...

It's hard to do, but once you are free the cravings are greatly diminished.

treat yourself, if you must, with less refined sweetened chocolates, from the health food store. white sugar has zero nutrients so when you ingest it it goes directly into your bloodstream. try things sweetened with maple syrup or molasses instead. The craving cycle with these aren't nearly as brutal, and you may be able to control yourself more this way.

Jess99
Rating
Don't eat any sugar for 2 weeks and if you crave sugar eat fruit or drink a glass of milk instead.

-
brush your teeth, i think thats meant to work.

?
I just started the south beach diet, so I know!

If you are concerned about calories, and fat content or CARBS, one dessert you can have is JELLO (sugar-free), its fat free, carb free, sugar free.

Instead of suppressing cravings, you just have to think healthier... oh and you can add whipped cream (with 0 trans fat in the spray can) to JELLO, for a completely healthy snack.

robynnhayes
Drink plenty of water!! Normally when you "crave" something, you're hungy!!

faded_shado
drink a lot of water, eat a high protein snack, chew sugarless gum to satisfy the sweet tooth.

special1
have one of those low calorie drinking chocolates

jmeege
Eat them... easy two points..

pukastring
Don't try to go cold turykey, it will just get you frustrated and possibly lead to a binge on what you've been witholding. Start with trying to choose the low/no sugar, low/no fat options when you do have a really strong craving. When you're just craving sweet and it hasn't gone to the I HAVE to have chocolate/pastry/cake/whatever point then try to have fruit instead. Bananas have a high sugar content, which can give you the sugar you want but isn't just empty calories. Try yogaurt or frozen yogaurt with fruit mixed in, it will seem like ice cream but much much better for you. Slowly you'll notice that you will actually begin to prefer fruit rather than the overly fatty, sugary stuff. Its not a fast fix, and it does take a while to retrain you taste buds and habits but once you do get used to it, it will stick.

nascarfan2438
Rating
a teaspoon of honey, or gum works well.

hunneebee22
I chew minty gum. You still get the chewy feeling, but nothing tastes good on top of spearmint.

SHE
Rating
learn to like dark chocolate. it satisfies the cravings with just a small piece. let it melt in your mouth and savor the flavor it will soothe without the binge eating.

Julee
buy low calorie snacks

Angel
Go minute to minute, hour to hour, day to day and soon you won't even want it any more.

michael m
you crave sweet, try some sweet fruit, it should help

laetusatheos
Rating
Find a non-food related activity that you enjoy. Do that activity whenever you get cravings. I just convince myself that I'll have one later, by the time later comes, the craving has passed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy