Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Please BRACES HELP!!!!?
I''m a 15 year old girl and i'm getting braces tomorrow..what are some things that i need to look out for or is it going to hurt? what are the main things i should eat when i first get ...

Is this been a bit unreasonable?
I'm 18 and had an orthodontist appointment today at 12:45pm. I got the bus at 12pm. The bus was taking longer than I expected and tried several times to ring and say i was going to be late, but ...

I'm Getting Braces. I have some questions :]?
I'm getting braces this Tuesday. I was wondering does it hurt?? And if so how long does it hurt? Also I don't know what colors I should choose.
Should I get pink and black or Blue and ...

Is £2400 justifiable to charge to fix ONE tooth?
My dads broken one of his front teeth, and his dentist has quoted him this much for fixing it, which isn't much work either. His dentist also commented on him 'not having much jaw bone at ...

It has been 5 days, and where my wisdom tooth was is still bleeding. Help?
Okay... Well, I got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, and my left side seems to be doing fine. I was having trouble with bleeding on both sides, but eventually my left side seemed to heal up. The ...

I just swallowed a gum...?
what should i do? i'm being serious here
Additional Details
yeah i'm tlaking about a piece of gum. lol, won't it get stuck on my throat or something?...

Dentists, doctors ,nurses,please, i have a bad toothache?
i need something that i can do to tide me over unitl tomorrow, it hurts really bad, alreadyy took 3 tylenol.......help, in a lottttttttt of pain . any ideas???
Additional Details
anyone??...

What are the main reasons for taking wisdom teeth out?

Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of ...

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

emma z
Why does smoking make your teeth go yellow?

Donna B
Rating
SIMPLY PUT.......nicotine!

Oblivia
Rating
stains from the tar in the cigarette

pplz1st
Rating
bad chemicals

stoopid_monkey_0095
its the nicotine that gets you hooked and the tar that turns it yellow, so after years of the addictive nicotine the tar builds up on your teeth's surfaces. when you look at the front of your teeth you can also see the color of the back coming through. so once your smoking and the tar on the front and back build up you can see how your teeth turn yellow.

HealthGuard
Rating
Cigarette contains chemicals like nicotine, carbon dioxide, tartar, etc. which are hazardous to both dental and whole health With respect to your teeth, smoking leads to undesirable teeth discoloration (yellow and black teeth result) because of those mentioned chemicals. Smoking causes tooth decay because the above chemicals react quickly to bad bacteria that eventually leads to gingivitis, bad breath and other dental and health complications.

susanevans2539
Rating
the nicotine stains them

Me...
Like previously said... chemicals.... My mom is a smoker, and we recently moved into a new home. She doesn't smoke inside, but she stays out in the garage. The chair she sits in is in a corner, and the ceiling and the wall where she sits is stained yellow. The rest of the wall is pure white. How disgusting is that. We have only lived her for 1 year... she has smoked for 40 years... imagine what her lungs look like! *GROSS*

aussepratap
Rating
Its all due to nicotine mate . Nicotine reacts with the enamel on the teeth and changes the color also it makes it fragile n harms yur gums too, makes yur breathe like dead rotten fish. It even stains the finger .Try to quit before its it late.

READER 1
It is a substance called nicotine, beside your teeth you will find the fingers that come in contact with the cigarette will also turn yellow. The amount of yellowing will depend on how much the person smokes. This will also cause a similar build up in your lungs. Which should be a good reason to stop the smoking.

delainaparker
Rating
It's what's in the tobacco. Try this: Take a puff on a cigarette (as long as you are not a minor!) and hold a handkerchief or tissue to your mouth while you blow the smoke out and watch it turn yellow. It does the same thing to your teeth.

Jerry H
This is the colour of Nicotine, the active (and addictive) ingredient in cigarettes.

brat
Cause of the chemicals in the cigarettes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy