Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Tracheostomy?
what is the purpose of a T...

Wats the different between common cold and flu?

Do cigarretes make you colder??

Cold & Cough tips on getting better?
My cough is loose and phegmy. Does
anyone have any tips on getting rid of it?
My nose is also plugged up....

What are some remedies I can use to help me get over bronchitis quicker?
The cough is driving me nuts, and it seems like I just blow and blow my nose. What can I do to alliviate these symptoms? How long is this crap going to last?...

Sinnuss problems?
i started 2 years ago with feeling blocked up all the time been on that many nasel sprays but non of them helped 3 months ago had a sinnuss operation but feel worse now and i get the sinnuss pain in ...

What is the best music for people who had difficulty in sleeping?

Pleuritis?
A couple days ago I was in terrible pain and could not breath right at all. It was hurting to much. The ambulance came and picked me up in the middle of the night. In the emergency room I was ...

Does my child have some type of asthma?
My child is 11yrs. old and has several episodes of irregular breathing during the day. It's not sever, but it causes discomfort for him. What could possibly be his problem?...

How does the pulse ox distinguish the difference between o2 and co2?

Feeling under the weatther. any advice?
I've had cold after cold for the past month and it seems that just as i'm feeling somewhat better i get another one that lasts longer than before. I've never gotten sick in the summer ...

What is emphysema?

True or false?
most of todays smokers began in their teens____

most athletes dont smoke because the carbon monoxide in the smoke interferes with their intake of oxygen____

please ...

Smokers, Serious replies only, I've seen what tobacco withdrawal will do, I'm 44 and more afraid of getting
sick (if I quit) than anything else. Why don't you want to quit?
Additional Details
I think i'm gonna go with if your body has adapted to what you feed it then take it away, ...

What is wrong with my lungs?
Last year I started experiencing a wheeze. I can feel the excess of mucus move in my lower left lobe of the lung. I got it checked out and my xray came out normal. i also had other tests showing ...

Constant feeling of dusty particles in the throat....?
Hi this is a health related question. My mom has been suffering with this for the past 10 months. She gets a feeling of something in her throat (she feels like dust particles in her throat) and hence ...

What is wheezing? and how do we know if we are wheezing?

Why do I always get a cough after a cold?

Just curious - how many RT's monitor this?

Additional Details
RT = Respiratory T...

What are the side effects of digoxin?

Chi_Chi
Why should you breathe into a bag when you are hyperventilating?

Additional Details
Breathing into a paper bag works by making you rebreathe the carbon dioxide that you are exhaling. This causes the blood levels of C02 to rise, and slows your breathing. It has nothing to do with pH of your blood, at all.

So, none of you are correct and i will leave this question to be voted on. That's if others see this message and come to the same right conclusion that i have come to which is, no-body has a best answer as none of you are right.
Next time, think before you click that Answer button, ok?

Freddie C
Rating
Because maybe you have bad breath and don't want other people to smell it:)

roxycutie_12
Rating
this will prevent respiratory acidosis.

sandiemaye
Rating
It prevents alkalosis, not acidosis.

cristy p
To slow down your breathing pattern.

Rating
When you hyperventilate, your are breathing in and out very fast and very shallow. When you breathe out fast, you loose a lot of carbon dioxide. Eventually the pH of your blood becomes alkalotic, instead of near neutral. When you breathe into a bag, you can breathe back in some of that carbon dioxide and keep your blood pH from changing too much

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy