Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I have been having weird vision problem...?
Ok i think it may all be in my head, but a couple of days ago I had hand tremors for like about an hour or so, but i think that was caused by too much sugar. But ever since then my eyes have felt ...

I've just started wearing a contact lens, how long before the irritation stops?
i've recently started wearing one in my good eye, gradually building up the time i wear it each day as advised, it's rather irritating, how long before you get used to them please?...

Glasses???
OK I'm 13 y/o and I have noticed that things about 10 feet away are difficult to read. I can read psters fine but when my teachers right soomething in Marker on the whiteboard it just looks ...

I'm 17 yrs old guy and i have spectacles of -1.5 D.....dnt like to wear them?
so i wanna to get rid of them ......so if is it possible?
then what should i do to get it off........?...

Why did my scoutmaster splash orange juice in my eye while I had contact lenses on?

My eyes are really weird!?
For about 3 years I have been concentrating on things with one eye.What I am saying that one of my eyes go to the side when I am looking at people, or things and it looks like i am not looking at ...

My eyes are very dry, red and painful. I cannot wear contacts very long or just not at all...?
I've tried eyedrops and i have even stayed off wearing my contacts for days at a time. What is the matter and what can I do?...

Do i really need glasses? (.75 prescription)?
I went to the eye dr yesterday because I had not had an exam in 15 years. I've always had excellent vision but I figured it was about time. While there I was told I may need glasses (.75) for ...

Colored contacts?
I have 20/20 vision I just want hazel eyes. Where can I buy contacts to change the color of my eyes without damaging my eyes or permanently change the color of my ...

I was hit in the eye with a pen, i still feel it pulsating. what should i do?

How to have abright LARGE shining eyes?
does pouring milk on the eye help?...

What are the best ways to protect our eyes while working on the computer for long hours?

Would you help me?
hi all i have weak eyes both of them are 2 i can see objects that are close but when it comes to the objects that are far away i have difficylty in seein them,i have glasses but dont like them at all,...

Do eye doctors inflate their prices on purpose?
i bought a 6 month supply of contacts for $175 form the eye doctor. I found the exact same contacts on the internet for $31.50! WTF?...

Whats wrong with my eyes?
I woke up this morning and they were crusted over. Vision was blurred in the right eye and I almost couldn't see at all in the left. I was really sick the past week (I think the flu) and am ...

What causes whites of your eye to turn yellow?
Please dont tell me Jaundice or Hepatitis I have chronic dry eye syndrome and my eyes are pretty red all the time when I used Vinsene the red does go away but then my eyes are a yellowish color... Im ...

Eyesight Irregularities...?
When i am driving at night my left eye sees perfectly fine, but my right eye sees light as colored rings with black in the center. Basically colored O's with the inside colored black. This only ...

OKAY PEEPS! eye question :]?
so. i have a small bump right in the middle of my left eye-lid. i know it's not a stye, because it's not on my lash line. but it freaking hurts when i blink hard. i googled around & ...

Best lenses for sunny conditions.?
Just would like to know the right type of lens to go for if you need to look at the sky line alot (crane op,clay pigeon shooter,pylons,pilot etc.)...

Could I get Pink Eye?
So my friend was sick from school yesterday,because he had pink eye. He came back today, and said that it had been 24 hours so it was okay for him to back in school. Well I'm pretty sure that I...

zm
What will happen at my contact lense consultation?
Hi, I'm 17, and just over the last year my eye sight has worsened a little. A couple of months ago I went for a eye test, and the opition said I was slightly short sighted, and that I needed glasses. I bought a pair then and there. She gave me lenses that were the weakest strenght so my eyes could get use to my new sight, and told me to wear them for a month or two. Then on my next opintment, she'd give me the strenght that I needed in glasses or contacts. I've decided to go for contact lenses, as I really don't like glasses, and have booked an opintment for Monday. Can someone please tell me exactly what will happen at my appointment? I get quite nervous in optitions, dentists, or anything like that, so I'd like to know what the opition will do...

Thanks in advance to everybody that answers.

magnolia
Don't be nervous. She'll ask how things have gone with the glasses you have been wearing and recheck your sight with them and without. Talk about glasses vs contacts. Since you've decided on contacts, she'll find the right prescription for you.

She'll put them in your eyes for you and have you walk around, get used to them. They will hurt a little at first like having an eyelash in your eye, but then it eases off. That's the worse it will ever be, the next time it doesn't hurt as much and soon, it won't hurt at all, probably a couple of days, I can't recall now, it's been too long.

Before you can go home with them, you'll have to practice putting them in and taking them out yourself so she's sure you're comfortable with them. Then you're on your own.

It's a great feeling and you'll love it. Don't be afraid of the slight pain in your eye, within a week, it won't happen and you'll feel wonderful having them.

katereading3
It's really not anything to worry about. She'll just give you the strength that you need. Since you are getting contacts, she'll probably make sure that you can put them in and take them out before she lets you leave with them.

mathbrain2013
They will show you how to put your contacts. Just me I got contacts about a month ago. Sometime they look easy to put in but they might not.

th2bm2lftt
Contact consultations are nothing to worry about (I had one last week). The optitian checked my records to see what strength I would need, then asked me about my general health and health of my eyes. She then looked at the upper and lower eyelids to see if the contacts would sit properly. Unfortunatly in my case they wouldn't (hayfever) so it was recommended that I not have them for now. In the past an optician has dropped some dye into my eyes to check for damage then fitted me with a trial pair. When i was happy with them I went back and they ordered my prescription and when they arrived I was given lessons on how to put them in and remove them! They were very through and it is nothing to worry about

Xenophonix
I went through exactly the same thing :-) Has she told you whether you're having hard or soft lenses? I don't know if it's still standard, but my optician started me off on hard because there's less chance of infection and they give slightly sharper vision.

Anyway, if she has your eye curvature already, you'll be able to have a quick go at wearing contacts.

When I went, she put them in for me first time, which feels very weird. Just try to relax into it. If they're hard contacts, you may not be able to open your eyes fully for a while while your eye gets used to the contact. Your eyes might water quite a bit and your vision will not be anything near as good as when you get used to them, so don't worry. I had soft contacts later on, and they feel soooo comfy its unbelievable! I don't know whether it was cos I'd had hard lenses before, but I didn't feel them in first time at all.

She will then test your sight in them and maybe check the fit by looking through some equipment at them.

I then got given a routine, building up wear over the next few weeks and to practice putting them in.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy