Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Should I get laser eye surgery?
how safe is it? what are some of the top clinics? how much does it cost? does it hurt?

I heard that you are awake through the whole process, and that they numb you locally by giving you a ...

Walmart vision center?
Has anyone had an eye axam done at walmart? If so, do you think it was worth the cost? I was told $124. for an exam for contacts and $68. for an exam for glasses. I don't have insurance and ...

What will happen at my contact lense consultation?
Hi, I'm 17, and just over the last year my eye sight has worsened a little. A couple of months ago I went for a eye test, and the opition said I was slightly short sighted, and that I needed ...

Why is it that when i close my eyes i see a bunch of colors and patterns?
no, im not on an adic trip....

Which optical lenses suits me best ?
I am a computer professional & generally works 6-8 hrs a day on computer. I do not have any sight, but I want to protect my eyes from any rays that might be coming out of the monitor. Which ...

How much is a contact eye exam at walmart?
I dont have any insurance.
Additional Details
If it makes any difference i live in north texas. I went to the walmart website and there was only a place to fill prescriptions....

Is there a place where i can buy contacts lenses, that arents perscription..just for color?
online only please.....

How long should it take to get used to new eyeglass prescription?
I went to LensCrafters to get new glasses, but the doctor got the rx wrong. I didn't realize that day because they had dialated my eyes and I was not able to see well. I saw the doctor again (...

White ring around the eye?
i have a white ring around the edge if my eye will it go with ...

Help!!! my right eye....?
My right upper eyelid has been twicthing for 4 days now and i dont know why.... when i tell someone to look at it, they say they cant see anything. it is driving me crazy. Please help? what do i do?...

Is it now safe to stare directly into the sun wearing UV protective eye wear?
I'm interested in the benefits of phototherapy or SAD light therapy but the boxes are too much for me to afford. Suggestion are you stare directly into this light and it has no UV. These lights ...

For all contact lense wearers?
Contacwhenever i insert the contact lense to my eye , it sticks to my finger and came out of the eye
please help me , i need to wear contact lenses everyday
Additional Details

How do you know when you have pink eye?
both of my eyes r red, and when i wake up i have crusty stuff(when usually i NEVER do), my eyes hurt sumtimes, they water(sumtimes almost never), but they dont itch.
& if i do have pink eye, ...

I have been having weird vision problem...?
Ok i think it may all be in my head, but a couple of days ago I had hand tremors for like about an hour or so, but i think that was caused by too much sugar. But ever since then my eyes have felt ...

I've just started wearing a contact lens, how long before the irritation stops?
i've recently started wearing one in my good eye, gradually building up the time i wear it each day as advised, it's rather irritating, how long before you get used to them please?...

Glasses???
OK I'm 13 y/o and I have noticed that things about 10 feet away are difficult to read. I can read psters fine but when my teachers right soomething in Marker on the whiteboard it just looks ...

I'm 17 yrs old guy and i have spectacles of -1.5 D.....dnt like to wear them?
so i wanna to get rid of them ......so if is it possible?
then what should i do to get it off........?...

Why did my scoutmaster splash orange juice in my eye while I had contact lenses on?

My eyes are really weird!?
For about 3 years I have been concentrating on things with one eye.What I am saying that one of my eyes go to the side when I am looking at people, or things and it looks like i am not looking at ...

My eyes are very dry, red and painful. I cannot wear contacts very long or just not at all...?
I've tried eyedrops and i have even stayed off wearing my contacts for days at a time. What is the matter and what can I do?...

Avillie
Contacts Suggestions?
I'm just starting to wear contact lenses, and for the most part, I'm doing well. I can put them in without trouble, and I can deal with them in my eyes, the cleaning/caution and everything else. However, when it comes time to take them out, I get stuck on one eye.

Since I'm practically blind, once I get one out, I can't see what I'm doing with the other, and I usually end up pinching my right eye. It takes me forever to get that last one out, and I usually walk away looking like I've been beat up or something.

I really don't want to give up the contacts, because I've been stuck in glasses since I was about 7 years old, and I'm just tired of them. Any tips on how to remove my 'other eye'?

My biggest problem is with my right eye--I'm also right handed, so it seems to make that eye harder to access. I'm also told I have big eyes, and I swear the contact never sits exactly where it should? Is it possible for my eyes to be oddly shaped, and that's why I struggle with it?

Thanks, all!

Lauren L
Rating
If your eyes are oddly shaped your doctor would have to measure your eyes and have contacts made for the specific shape of your eyes. I have been wearing contacts for about 5 years. To take the contact out try sliding your contact down into your bottom eyelid with your finger. it should slide down easily and pop out. Good Luck!

Taniah
hello

sorry i cant answer your question, i have the same problem except its my left eye and left hand.

looking forward to hear peoples answers

Isis
Hi, I've been wearing contacts for over twenty years. I also have low vision. However I do not have your problem because I have learned to take them out without being anywhere near a mirror. I usually sit at my computer and take them out and put them in the garbage and put on my glasses. So this is what I suggest you learn to do. Just reach up and do not stretch your eye open or anything just take your right hand and reach to the left eye and gently touch the contact and bring your thumb and index finger slowly together in a slight pinching motion but do not pinch. Here is where your problem is. All you need to do is change the shape of the contact from being flat on your eye and once you start to move both ends towards the center it should allow you to pull it away from your eye with ease. Then use the same hand (right hand) and do the same with the right eye. Do not bring the ends DIRECTLY to the center of the eye-only start bringing them together and then move your hand away from your face and the lense will come out with your fingers. The full fledged 'pinch' is what's hurting you. btw please wet your lenses with drops or solution a couple minutes before removing.

kaihoku
Rating
Contact lenses tend to come in standard sizes, so if you have eyes that are not in the range your lenses won't fit quite right -- I actually experienced this same issue.

If you're having a harder time with the right eye, then take out that lens first. Make sure your fingertips are dry, put in a couple of re-wetting drops, then use just the tips/ pads of your fingertips -- gently sort of touch where you feel the lens and it should sort of stick to your finger and gently pull them out.

I wore soft contact lenses for about 15 years, and decided to get lasik recently. If you are near sighted and don't want to go back to glasses, I would recommend you look into lasik.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy