Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What brand of contact lenses do you wear?
what has been the most comfortable to you.. in your opinion?...

Foods or way to improve Vision?
Whats foods can i eat or ways to improve my vision?

The only reason im asking is because my parents wont let me get Contacts meaning i have to wear my glasses

I dont like to ...

Do Lazer Pointers cause eye damage?
Someone once told me not to shine lazer pointers in people or animals eyes because it can cause damage. Is this just a myth or is there truth to it?...

My eye is hurting for some reason?
I don't really know much about this stuff. After I went swimming in the school pool, my right eye started to hurt. I remember not wearing goggles when i first jumped in the pool. Did I catch ...

Horrible dark eye circles.. and im only 17?
hey i need help, i have horrible eye circles, they're almost bluish blackish... and if u can imagine the scales on a dinasour miniaturized, i got scales under my eyes almost.. it looks bad. ive ...

How much does it usually cost to get an eye exam for glasses?
I need to glasses and im wondering about how much its gunna cost ...

Eye contacts?
are colored contacts with no prescription bad for your eyes?...

Should I get laser eye surgery?
how safe is it? what are some of the top clinics? how much does it cost? does it hurt?

I heard that you are awake through the whole process, and that they numb you locally by giving you a ...

Walmart vision center?
Has anyone had an eye axam done at walmart? If so, do you think it was worth the cost? I was told $124. for an exam for contacts and $68. for an exam for glasses. I don't have insurance and ...

What will happen at my contact lense consultation?
Hi, I'm 17, and just over the last year my eye sight has worsened a little. A couple of months ago I went for a eye test, and the opition said I was slightly short sighted, and that I needed ...

Why is it that when i close my eyes i see a bunch of colors and patterns?
no, im not on an adic trip....

Which optical lenses suits me best ?
I am a computer professional & generally works 6-8 hrs a day on computer. I do not have any sight, but I want to protect my eyes from any rays that might be coming out of the monitor. Which ...

How much is a contact eye exam at walmart?
I dont have any insurance.
Additional Details
If it makes any difference i live in north texas. I went to the walmart website and there was only a place to fill prescriptions....

Is there a place where i can buy contacts lenses, that arents perscription..just for color?
online only please.....

How long should it take to get used to new eyeglass prescription?
I went to LensCrafters to get new glasses, but the doctor got the rx wrong. I didn't realize that day because they had dialated my eyes and I was not able to see well. I saw the doctor again (...

White ring around the eye?
i have a white ring around the edge if my eye will it go with ...

Help!!! my right eye....?
My right upper eyelid has been twicthing for 4 days now and i dont know why.... when i tell someone to look at it, they say they cant see anything. it is driving me crazy. Please help? what do i do?...

Is it now safe to stare directly into the sun wearing UV protective eye wear?
I'm interested in the benefits of phototherapy or SAD light therapy but the boxes are too much for me to afford. Suggestion are you stare directly into this light and it has no UV. These lights ...

For all contact lense wearers?
Contacwhenever i insert the contact lense to my eye , it sticks to my finger and came out of the eye
please help me , i need to wear contact lenses everyday
Additional Details

How do you know when you have pink eye?
both of my eyes r red, and when i wake up i have crusty stuff(when usually i NEVER do), my eyes hurt sumtimes, they water(sumtimes almost never), but they dont itch.
& if i do have pink eye, ...

gangsta_girly
Can't get contacts in...help!?!?
I just got contacts and when i try 2 put them in i blink and i think im gonna mess up and hurt myself....when i put eye drops in my eye or anything i jump so its hard 4 me 2 get my contacts in.... i actually havent gotten them in once yet...gettin them out will prolly b hard 2..............HELP!?!?

Ani*
I was really nervous when I first got mine, but I just practiced until it felt normal, you'll get there too. Getting them out is easy, it's just the idea of touching your eye is a little creepy at first, but you get used to it.

littlemissgiggles242
its not that hard. just stay calm. 1st. put one conact on the idex finger not on top, but on the pad. Make sure the contact is like a soup bowl, and not w/ sides pointing out (thatll hurt), Next, get your other index finger and grab the top of your eyelid for the eye in which your putting the contact, and then take the hand w/ the contact on it, and get your middle finger to pull down on the skin rite under ur eye. Next, make sure u dont blink!!!! Okay, put your index finger to your eye. The contact will go on to ur eye-if not keep trying ull get it- and then w/ ur index finger touch the contact while in your eye to get it over the pupil! Its simple, just try and try.

TO GET IT OUT!
say ur geting the contact in ur left eye out. put ur right index finger over ur eye, and pull the lashes up, and then w/ ur left middle finger pull the botton down. Put, ur left index finger on the contact,and pull it towards the corner (left) and then whe n towards the corner pinch contact w/ ur left thumb and index finger. ta-Da contact out!

sunshinekid26
Rating
I don't believe your optometrist/fitter let you go out the practice in this state!

They should have no problem letting you practise with them. Go back and explain you want further instruction.

If they can't help you any more then ditch them. They're not going to be useful when you have a real emergency.

There are 2 or 3 ways to insert and 2-3 ways to remove lenses so asking a professional who can assess YOU is best.

Perserve with this one and you'll have years of visual freedom

Good luck

Airhead
Rating
i kno it is hard!!! im still getting used to it!!!

ok so wat i do is pull me eyelids away from eachother then w/ my index finger i slowly put my cotact in...yaaaa

ask ur mom its hard to explain!!

davincikid11
You'll get used to it. When I first got contacts, I was the exact same way. Really, the whole reason I had trouble getting them in was all because of my nervousness. After about the first week or so though, it was like second nature to me.

Just make sure you keep the contacts wet before putting them into your eyes, otherwise they could really irritate your eyes and damage your vision. Saline solution would be good.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy