Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Would you rather a size 0, or a curved plus size?

If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Is showering 3 times a week healthy for a man?
it takes an hour each time with all that scurbbing. this is the only work out i get to keep fit....

Protein shake recipes?
Anyone know some home made, low-calorie, protein shake recipes? I just want to know so I can make them at home because they're really expensive....

How in the world can I lose 20 pounds in 2 months???? ?
I'm 13, I'm fat, and I hate it.

I used to be really skinny but the summer changes a bunch. Any way I'm 5 foot 4 and I'm 125. DONT GO TELLING ME THATS NOT FAT!!! I Think ...

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

b_d_dom
Why are the Americans so fat?
Now more than half of Americans are obese

How can these people expect anyone to give them any respect when they clearly are lazy and have no self control?

The worst thing is they are making their children fat which will cost the country hundreds of billions in healthcare and lost efficiency

Larry m
Rating
Back in the fourty and fifty's everybody worked hard and burnt off excess calories even though they ate like horses. Now we eat the same but work with are minds and hands and have become soft. Fast food has added to the problem

Isa Chick
Rating
I'm blaming Macca's and fast food cahins. if they weren't around, people would be alot healthier.

rbd1235
Rating
**** You!

Happy Holiday
The Americans like to eat McD..

Vivax
Rating
say thanks to Mc Donalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway, TV, Computer and Internet.

anarchycreations
Rating
Why would you assume that just because someones overweight they would purposely pass on bad eating habits to their children?
Better question would be: why are Americans so ignorant?

ahmad i
Rating
no exercises and lot of junk food (burgers)

Lax4life
Rating
People are getting lazier and lazier and are eating more and more.

Aleem
Rating
it's the fast food...

ozarkangel
High carb and fat intake. No exersice and children are not made to play any more!!! P.E. in school should be everyday, not once a week!!!

chanljkk
Rating
Eating, or eating well is an American culture. Too much foods are available. Parties, social gatherings, and fast food chains are everywhere.

sweetmj
thats sad. To many Mcdonalds.

leblongeezer
Rating
Yes, all of that said above but also something else. I think is might also have something to do with "political correctness" and the concept of cherishing differences and that sort of stuff. In a visit to the parks at Orlando, it occured me how many adults using those Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV) were obese.

It actually makes sense that these people should rent those because they, in fact, do have a locomotion disability and would not be able to get around. However, because this is available and "acceptable" these people are not "forced" to walk and can easily maintain their life habbits. In a sense, because accomodations are made, these people grow comfortable into there life style ("grow" being the operative word here). There is a vicious cycle.

In other countries, a blend of fewer resources and different cultural values will make life as an obese harder and thus, creates more pressure to control weight. In the US, a fat person does not stand out, at least not untill he or she becomes unbelievably and irreversably fat and ill. With over 40% of the population being obese, they simply don't stand out and can find a lot of groups to socialize with. Therefore, there is no peer presure from society to "embarass" them into dieting and exercising. In other countries, being 20 pounds overweight is enough to keep you away from showing around at a public pool and no one would have the guts to be seen on an ECV unless the had a serious condition (yes, "serious" and not fatness).

As someone said once, "kindness kills".

barnacle1988
Rating
why is your mom so fat?

hargonagain
I don't know where you are from, but Americans are fat because we have too much food to eat! And we eat poorly, but, one thing to think about, at least we have food to eat!

Chrissy
I asked a similar question and got a complaint back from yahoo claiming this what not a question, but a personal abuse or some BS.

Lack of self control, and a mass produced society. All American's can do is copy copy copy from other countries. Only they don't take a moment and think about what they're doing, they're too busy counting their money to care what they're doing to society as a whole.

lucy
Well, America is full of junk food, and we eat it since it`s so good. But we should really learn. I`m only a bit chubby as an 11 year old, so I need to execise and diet, also.

white owl
They eat too much fast food. They don't exercise enough.
They don't get enough of the right nutrition.They lack sleep,
don't drink enough water,and could it be their deepest
need they lack a deep relation with God. They don"t
realize their real hunger is not food for the body, but food for the soul.

al
Try burgers, shakes, sodas non stop and exclusively and you've got your answer.

Dan S
Rating
Too much daily calorie intake. ("supersize me" at fast food restaurants), too much fat in daily food. And not enough daily exercise. (e.g. like driving to the corner convenience store).
Doc. Dan.

strawberrydaiquiri
Rating
one word.... McDonalds

DiRTy D
Rating
I'm proud to say I'm not one of them (fit American here).

I think part of it is our culture. Everything is super face paced - rush, rush, rush - so people grab quick fast food to save time and money. Then look at the entertainment in our culture. Movies, T.V., video games, etc gives people a lot of reason to sit around. Also the fast pace of life and all it's demands can cause people to be stressed out and depressed - some people deal with depression by eating.

It's more accessible than most people think but time, motivation, and money for a gym and not things some people feel they have. Usually they are wrong about that and what it really comes down to is priorities and motivation (how much they really want it).

I'm just happy that I have gotten into the habit of working out and eating good. It can really change your life.

WAKE UP FAT PEOPLE!!! GET IN SHAPE AND STOP CROSSING THE ROAD SO SLOWLY!!! MATTER OF FACT, STOP DOING EVERYTHING SO SLOWLY AND MAYBE YOU'LL BURN SOME FAT!!!

jessica :]
mcdonalds

the rest of the world will catch up sometime

im just correcting someone: NYC is a VERY VERY VERY OBESE place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just go there and order one slice of pizza..youll see what i mean by the "amounts"

Trollhair
Rating
We eat too much and we don't exercise.

RubyRed
Rating
Umm...lets see there's a fast food joint at every corner, and the portions served in restaurants are the equivalent of 3 separate meals....

chefgrille
Rating
In all honesty, it's not just all the junk foods kids eat. Parents don't let their kids play outdoors anymore, climb trees, ride bikes, etc... Instead they have video games and computers so they can sit on their duffs while eating the junk food. Kids need to be able to play, not be stuffed in a room on their butt in front of a TV.

I ate a ton of junk food as a kid, but I played outside and rode my bike, rollerskated, kickball, you name it. I don't believe in the claims that it's all genetic or all about junk food. What kids need is ACTIVITY.

fls
Rating
Only one word.

Excess

kez
And So are us Brits at the moment, its a worldwide phenomenon , its the ever increasing instant gratification culture that is taking over our lifes which is to blame , if we want food we want it now is some peoples attitude, so they go for conveniance junk food because its the easy option in their opinion or they are so uneducated when it comes to food and nutrition, This is not only an exclusivley american behaviour its ahuman one.

dumbdumb
Rating
i think that all of you that are blaming the fast food industry needs to take a step back and understand that you don't have to eat there. we americans have a habit of blaming our down falls on anything. for instance violence in our kids, we blame that on everything from video games, to music but you hardly ever hear of a parent taking any responsibility as to how their kids behave. same with fat people they blame the food they eat without taking any responsibility as to how it gets in their mouth. simply put just because it's there does not mean you have to eat it. go grow a garden.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy