Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If I am wanting to lose weight should I not be drinking any alcohol at all? x?

Is showering 3 times a week healthy for a man?
it takes an hour each time with all that scurbbing. this is the only work out i get to keep fit....

Protein shake recipes?
Anyone know some home made, low-calorie, protein shake recipes? I just want to know so I can make them at home because they're really expensive....

How in the world can I lose 20 pounds in 2 months???? ?
I'm 13, I'm fat, and I hate it.

I used to be really skinny but the summer changes a bunch. Any way I'm 5 foot 4 and I'm 125. DONT GO TELLING ME THATS NOT FAT!!! I Think ...

Am I Fat, Be Honest?
I'm 13, I'm 5' 0
& I weigh 117-118.

I feel fat, any suggestions to be 100 lbs? thank you!! :)
Additional Details

Exercising for a 14 year old?
I am 14 5'2 and I weigh 113-115.And I try not to eat after 6:00 and i'm drinking lots of water. I'd like to get down to somewhere between 107-110 before Christmas. what types of ...

Do u think this is fat?
im 16 years old and i weight 130lbs and im about 5'4. if i am how much weight should i ...

Am I fat????????
I'm 13 i'm 5'3 and i'm 36 in (bust) 30 in (waist) 36 (hips)
and I weigh 129. I know i'm curvy compared to stick figured people (no offense) but am I fat?...

I am a 16 year old male and I am 5'11 188 pounds i got a fat stomach. Will I get taller if I workout?

How can i lose weight by summer of '09?
Currently i am 130 pounds :(
i'm just looking for a routine that i can easily do from now throughout my school year. My school is right across from the YMCA and near the pool which also has ...

Is diet soda really that bad for you?
Everyone says that diet Coke is sooo bad for you...I have even heard that it is worse than regular Coke. But I really feel like I need it. I stopped drinking regular about 6 months ago and now I ...

Should i gain weight? [*pic included*]?
ok so for about 3 years now i have been really insecure about my body built.
i have been told by many people they wish they were built like me.
but i feel like they're not being honest....

Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me....

Is this alot i have eaten today?
i feel realy upset because i ate alot, i'm on my period though but i keep snacking, today i ate; is this too much and just because of one day will i gain weight tommorow?
(i'm going to ...

Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for ...

I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit ...

Does anybody know an easy way to lose weight?
not that i'm fat or anything but i juss need to kno okay maybe i am a lil but i need a summer bod asap!...

How do you get rid of sweet cravings??

Additional Details
i dont buy the sweets- my family eats really unhealthy so sweets and junk are always around me. sometimes it gets ...

Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. ...

Im 12 and need to loose weight?
wat pills could i take LEGALLY take to gain muscle and loose wait look at this page

http://www.trinibusiness Details
i weigh 275...

♥♡♪♫☆♫♪♡♥Vinia Boo♥♡♪♫☆♫♪♡♥
What is the quickest way to loose 74 pounds within 7 to 8 months?

JustMy Opinion
Rating
Hydroxy cut pills

am i who i am
Rating
die

I ROCK !!!
Rating
dont eat.

Shi T
get belimic gag urself or become the biggest loser : 0 <8

ruby r
Rating

katherpeche
I'm sure that's possible through liposuction.

For someone to lost that much weight in such a short amount of time would take drastic measures that are EXTREMELY dangerous to your health.

Fred M
cut off a leg and an arm. Good luck!

kirakira8
Rating
Lap band surgery.

lordzdiamond
Eat everything as u would but only eat HALF of it and excersice an hour a day, going to the club can be a great work out if ya like dancing, running, dancing at home,

Jennifer T
Rating
Atkins! I did atkins for 2 weeks and lost a pound day on induction. Definitely something worth trying. It's hard to stay on though because your limited on what you can eat. Good luck! Oh and exercise and drink lots of water!

Anne S
I don't know, but it doesn't sound very healthy of a goal...could be kind of dangerous, so be careful! (not that I'm your mommy or anything) :) I know that on the vegan diet you can lose a lot of weight, but it's also a very difficult diet to do, and you have to be careful to get protein since you can't have anything that comes from animals at all. If done properly, I've heard that it's the healthiest diet there is. Other than that, exercise. Walking is a very good exercise and I've dropped a lot of weight in the past pretty quickly just by walking everywhere I went. Best wishes with your goal, but please do be careful, and don't think so much about the actual pounds you want to lose as just staying healthy in the process with whatever you do. :)

Ryan
this by far good luck and take it easy :)

YOU MUST DRINK 5 X 8OZ GLASSES OF WATER EACH DAY.
THE DIET MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY TO LOSE 10LBS IN 3 DAYS.

DAY 1
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, ½ grapefruit, 1 slice toast, 2 spn of peanut butter or small tin baked beans.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 4 oz tuna, 1 slice toast.

DINNER
2 Slices any cold meat, 1 cup string beans, 4oz beetroot, 1 small apple, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

DAY 2
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, 1 egg, 1 slice toast, ½ banana.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 4oz cottage cheese, 5 saltina crackers.

DINNER
2 Slices any cold meat, 4oz broccoli, 2oz carrots, ½ banana, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

DAY 3
BREAKFAST
Black coffee/tea, 5 saltina crackers, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 small apple.

LUNCH
Black coffee/tea, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 slice toast.

DINNER
4oz tuna, 4oz beetroot, 4oz cauliflower, ½ melon, 4oz vanilla ice cream.

THIS DIET WORKS ON A CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN AND IS PROVEN. DO NOT MIX OR SUBSTITUTE ANY OF THE ABOVE FOODS. SALT & PEPPER CAN BE USED BUT NO OTHER SEASONING.

THIS DIET IS TO BE USED 3 DAYS AT A TIME. IN 3 DAYS YOU WILL LOSE 10LBS. AFTER 3 DAYS OF DIETING YOU CAN EAT NORMALLY BUT REMEMBER NOT TO OVERDO IT. YOU CAN LOSE UP TO 40LBS IN A MONTH IF YOU STICK TO IT.

TOAST MUST BE DRY. NO BUTTER OR MARGE.
SALTINA CRACKERS ARE TUC OR RITZ.

Minnie
Rating
Go to some sort of weight watchers/slimming club you need support and advice and weekly weigh ins to keep you motivated. I have friends that have done it and it really works better than going it alone. Also exercise even if you hate the gym just walk a bit or take the stairs instead of the lift etc.. little changes can make a big difference.

carpediemmaster
Rating
The DE diet...
don't eat....

J/k
I use sparkpeople. com to count my calories and record my exercise.
It's ~free~ and I lost 25 lbs from July to late Oct
There is HUGE support on that website!!

Sonnet
1. Don't think about losing weight. It will only give you pressure and will make you hungry.

2. Find an exercise YOU will like. Not everyone likes gyms. You can take a long walk, do more houseworks, dancing, pilates..

3. The most important thing is knowing that we eat to be healthy. Eating is not an hobby and foods are not fun. (When I was overweight, eating was like smoking I was eating when my friends come over and serve them food, was buying special foods for special occasions or even to watch a movie). Change that lifestyle.

4. (If it's REALLY necessary) "After you eat enough" if you're still feeling hungry, think or watch something completely disgusting. You can't eat when you feel sick.

jonxct
Rating
Obviously the fastest way to cut that amount of weight is surgery. However you probably don't want surgery. So the way to lose weight is to create a calorie deficit. Every pound of fat gained or lost is 3500 Calories. So what you need to do is figure out how many calories you body needs by using this link.
http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html
So lets pretend you are a sedentary 5'6" woman 40 years old 200 pounds
you need 2000 calories to maintain weight. 1500 calories will make you lose one pound of fat a week. 1000 calories will make you lose 2 pounds a week.
If you change your activity level to moderate you'll need about 2400 calories to maintain weight. thus allowed to eat 400 more calories and lose the same amount of weight.
Thats all any diet is taking in less calories and burning more. So say after this you figure you want to eat 1500 Calories a day. You then have to make food choices wisely. Eat 1500 calories worth of food that will satisfy you as in not going to McDonald's and eating a 1500 Calorie hamburger but emphasize whole grains, fruits and veggies, and lower calorie items. Be sure to drink enough water and get enough sleep

Charlie<33.
eat right!

Patrick S
Rating
There is no safe way to do this, but if you are riguorous enough about it to work out and eat properlly that amount of calories your body needs, you'll shed weight like a pro.

Check out weight watchers or curves, very successful programs.

saracat
Rating
protein diet,,, eat lots of meat, eggs and cheese... No bread, sugar...Drank lots of water

I <3 Jethro
talk to your doctor about it

LORI
Rating
I think that healthy weight loss (also the most they recommend losing and actually keep weight off) is around 2 lbs a week. In 8 months, that would be about 64 lbs lost maximum, sometimes heavier people will lose more at the start of a diet. So with regular healthy diet and exercise it is definitely possible to lose that much or at least pretty close.

However is very very hard for vast majority of people to keep that amount of weight loss up for such a long period, and some people will just need more time because of how their bodies work. In a year it could be realistic probably, or maybe like 50 pounds in 8 months. If you try for a slightly more realistic goal then you will also have a MUCH higher chance of actually keeping the weight off long term. It is also less likely that you will get discouraged if your goals are not so hard to reach.

Some sites to start
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/WT99999
http://www.webmd.com/diet/default.htm
http://www.mypyramid.gov/

Emily
i suggest you go to a gym like everyday or at least 6 days a week if you want to lose that much weight. and i would work out on the treadmill by starting out running for your first few months....not mall walk, but fast paste walk and then eventually your body will want to start running. hopefully by the 7 or 8 months, you will have lost 74 pounds.

island3girl
walk , then start a light jog

also do some weight training to keep yourself from getting "soft"

you can safely loose about 2 pounds a week, but you may find that the number on the scale is not exactly what you want because as you lose your body will change shape and so you may get to the look you want and be higher in pounds!

fdm215
Rating
Monitor your calorie intake carefully. Consider joining a program like Weight Watchers...they will teach you about nutrition and food preparation and building new habits that will encourage your weight loss. Also, increase your activity level: take up walking, biking, swimming. Spend at least 1 hour each day doing some sort of physical activity to burn more calories.

Healthy rate of weight loss is 1 -2 pounds per week on average. At that rate you should be able to make substantial progress toward your goal in 7 - 8 months.

I LUV SUMMER ^_^
Rating
run or use elipticals they both work wonders

tan0301
Rating
eat only 1100- 1200 calories per day (healthy calories), watch your fat intake... do pilates 3 days per week, walk 2 days, take 1 day off. I did this and dropped near 70 pounds from Feb - June/July... it is definately doable. Give up all drinks but water and drop 10 pounds on that alone.

Someone stated that it would be dangerous to loose that much weight in that amount of time... it isn't... look at it this way.. 2 to 3 pounds a week is perfectly healthy. 8 months, 4 weeks a month..... 32 weeks, times 3... 96 pounds.

apple lover
Rating
run every day for 30 to 45 minutes

gerard way is my hero
Rating
walk and run every day for at least 45 mins and try to break them up to 10-15 min a walk/run.

jumproap 500 to 1000 times a day

china green tea and water

eat 4 to 8 small meas a day and put 3 hours between them

cut out sweets and things with lots of suger (soda candy juice etc)

eat fruits and veggies

and do as much exersize as you can get a walking buddy too if you can

o and no pork/pig

nikkiliz
diet and exercise

Ya Ya
Rating
Weight Watchers always worked for me, but everyone is different. You have to find a diet you can live with. If you can't live with it, you'll go off it. Also you have to be determined and not give up if you hit a plateau. AND if you go off on a binge, it doesn't mean you can't start again tomorrow.

Good luck to you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.374
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy