Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do fixed braces hurt ?
I'm getting fixed braces (train-tracks) tomorrow and I was just wondering if it hurts when they tighten the wire. Help I'm really worried =(...

I think i need braces, my mom doesnt!
this is what my teeth look like:
http://i291.photobucket. http://i291.photobucket. ...

I am getting braces soon, do they hurt?
I am wondering if they hurt? If they do which part hurts more? Do they hurt taking them off?
Which foods should I stay away from?...

What will be easier to eat with braces?
I have the choice to have pizza or a fish sandwich with fries from Dairy Queen.
And i only got braces on my top teeth. What will be easier to eat? And wont really mess with my braces?
A...

Please BRACES HELP!!!!?
I''m a 15 year old girl and i'm getting braces tomorrow..what are some things that i need to look out for or is it going to hurt? what are the main things i should eat when i first get ...

Is this been a bit unreasonable?
I'm 18 and had an orthodontist appointment today at 12:45pm. I got the bus at 12pm. The bus was taking longer than I expected and tried several times to ring and say i was going to be late, but ...

I'm Getting Braces. I have some questions :]?
I'm getting braces this Tuesday. I was wondering does it hurt?? And if so how long does it hurt? Also I don't know what colors I should choose.
Should I get pink and black or Blue and ...

Is £2400 justifiable to charge to fix ONE tooth?
My dads broken one of his front teeth, and his dentist has quoted him this much for fixing it, which isn't much work either. His dentist also commented on him 'not having much jaw bone at ...

It has been 5 days, and where my wisdom tooth was is still bleeding. Help?
Okay... Well, I got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, and my left side seems to be doing fine. I was having trouble with bleeding on both sides, but eventually my left side seemed to heal up. The ...

I just swallowed a gum...?
what should i do? i'm being serious here
Additional Details
yeah i'm tlaking about a piece of gum. lol, won't it get stuck on my throat or something?...

Dentists, doctors ,nurses,please, i have a bad toothache?
i need something that i can do to tide me over unitl tomorrow, it hurts really bad, alreadyy took 3 tylenol.......help, in a lottttttttt of pain . any ideas???
Additional Details
anyone??...

What are the main reasons for taking wisdom teeth out?

Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of ...

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Amanda M
What's the worst part of getting braces on?
I'm going to get braces on in January and I wanted to know what the worst part of getting them on was. How long does it take to actually get them on? I heard the worst part wasn't the pain, but the glue. My friend said not to lick it because it tasted really nasty. Thanks for your help

MIZ CRAZY
Rating
spacers didnt hurt at alll.the worst part was when they titened them.tha glue taste HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuckkk!

Super Wifey
Rating
Braces really aren't that bad. The glue does taste super nasty I would follow your friends recommendation by not licking it. Rubberbands were the worst part for me... they were a pain to get on, a pain to take off, they looked stupid and they hurt. But they did help my overbite so they weren't all bad i guess. But the absolutely worst part for me was the wires and brackets would pinch the inside of my cheeks! I had to put wax on them all the time! I had my braces for a total of four years (uppers only for one year then full mouth for 3) and you really do get used to them. Just a word of advise which I am sure its common sense but I wish someone had told me... if something doesn't feel right or is poking you: make sure to tell your dentist/orthodontist! Best of luck!

O'Reilly?
It's not that bad. The process takes a little more than an hour. Don't move around or lick anything, just sit tight and let them put them on. The spacers do bother, but you can get Orajel or anything with Nidocaine for pain numbening/relief.
Make sure that they dont forget to cut the metal bar towards the back of each corner of your teeth, it get cut and poke through your cheek a little.
Its worth getting, straightens your teeth and helps you have a better bite and everything. If your paying for it, appreciate it, some people can't get them because they can't afford them, if you have insurance, appreciate it either way. It'll be taken off in like no time.

Sexy Mommi
Well im only 11 so im sorry if this doesnt make sense :P The worst pain of all is getting them on i would say! i have them now and they make u bite down really hard so they can get these "metal arms" in! It hurts like hell! And the worst part of all is how tight they get when u get more stuff put on or getting a wire changed! cuz on this past thursday, they put in this clear stuff with knots on it (idk wat its called but it was plastic!)and its still really tight! they say that it will close the spaces & it makes u not want to eat! (from my experience) good luck! also i would take motrin or tylenol to relieve pain!

ṉïсølε[loves silliman& redbull!]
Spacers. Most definatly. They were killers. But the braces, the worst part was when they put the molar band on...i didn't taste the glue...but the have to try a bunch of different molar bands and stuff. She tried about 5 until we found the perfect one. lets see, we started around 1:25 and ended around 2:45.

CarFreak
If you have to get spacers
those are the worst
otherwise, the worst part is the inside of your mouth rubbing up against the new metal, it can make it really raw

graysmom
I don't even remember the glue. All I remember is the pain.

stargirl
Dont listen to your fren, it will only make u more worried. i had my braces on in 2005. Its not as bas as you tink. i had extracted 4 tooth. wen u have your braces on, it might also causes ulcer inside your mouth because that is wat actually happen to me. But don worry, just apply toothpaste on those ulcers until u felt the pain is gone then rinse with water. it helps heal your ulcers.

cutie
Rating
OMG! I think the worst part is the hours you have to spend in the doctors office every week just so he/she can say, "they look just dandy"!!!, "justkeep doing what youre doing".

nickygurl94
oh my gosh! the first few days, or a little into the second week, THEY HURT LIKE HELL
you can barely eat or anything!

I think it takes like an hour I don't really remember.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy