Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I am getting braces soon, do they hurt?
I am wondering if they hurt? If they do which part hurts more? Do they hurt taking them off?
Which foods should I stay away from?...

What will be easier to eat with braces?
I have the choice to have pizza or a fish sandwich with fries from Dairy Queen.
And i only got braces on my top teeth. What will be easier to eat? And wont really mess with my braces?
A...

Please BRACES HELP!!!!?
I''m a 15 year old girl and i'm getting braces tomorrow..what are some things that i need to look out for or is it going to hurt? what are the main things i should eat when i first get ...

Is this been a bit unreasonable?
I'm 18 and had an orthodontist appointment today at 12:45pm. I got the bus at 12pm. The bus was taking longer than I expected and tried several times to ring and say i was going to be late, but ...

I'm Getting Braces. I have some questions :]?
I'm getting braces this Tuesday. I was wondering does it hurt?? And if so how long does it hurt? Also I don't know what colors I should choose.
Should I get pink and black or Blue and ...

Is ÂŁ2400 justifiable to charge to fix ONE tooth?
My dads broken one of his front teeth, and his dentist has quoted him this much for fixing it, which isn't much work either. His dentist also commented on him 'not having much jaw bone at ...

It has been 5 days, and where my wisdom tooth was is still bleeding. Help?
Okay... Well, I got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, and my left side seems to be doing fine. I was having trouble with bleeding on both sides, but eventually my left side seemed to heal up. The ...

I just swallowed a gum...?
what should i do? i'm being serious here
Additional Details
yeah i'm tlaking about a piece of gum. lol, won't it get stuck on my throat or something?...

Dentists, doctors ,nurses,please, i have a bad toothache?
i need something that i can do to tide me over unitl tomorrow, it hurts really bad, alreadyy took 3 tylenol.......help, in a lottttttttt of pain . any ideas???
Additional Details
anyone??...

What are the main reasons for taking wisdom teeth out?

Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of ...

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

Rachel
Going to have my first filling in two weeks time....?
Hey everyone =] I'm 16 years old.....and...

Um, I am going to have my first filling in two weeks time, & I have no clue how it will go...

I know you have to have an injection in your gum, & I know for a fact that your mouth will go all numb, & then they will start drilling the 'cavity' away, & then put some 'stuff' on your tooth.

But, I want to know....how loud is the drill??? And, when you have the injection in the gum, does it hurt....???
And what about that numbing gel you maybe could have, to numb the pain of the injection...???

Sorry, I am a BIT worried cuz this is my very first time having one.... >_<

If you can, can you write in details? Lol, then I can fully understan what will happen when I get the filling.......

=/ It isn't THAT bad is it.....?

And I just realised...you have to keep your mouth open ALL the time, right...............? *-*

Well, thanks if you can answer my question! If you have, thanks! A big help! ^-^ And in detail...if possible..=]

A.J
Rating
you dont need an injection and its painless you will be fine dont worry

lorne
sometimes the injection hurts a bit.just incase ask her to rub stuff on your gum which numbs it a bit then you wont feel anything.me personally hate the dentist

dumbo
You must remember you are in the hands of experts. As it is happening think to yourself, this will all be over in five minutes.
It is nothing to worry about. You will not feel anything. The drill is not loud and it's only a few seconds of that anyway. The stuff they use for filling is ok.

DawnChey
Just like you said its not to loud,don"t hurt to bad and only takes about 30 min.

josephrob2003
I dont know about a numbing gel,but it's easier if you try to relax when they put the needle in,easier said than done,once the needle go's in,it's not so bad as the anaesthetic starts to work right away,the drill is a bit noisy,but you will get used to it', tell the dentist it's your first time,he will be as gentle as he can

Anonymous™ ©2008 !!
I am afraid, before you have had experience of other pains you will have nothing to go by... but.....i do not feel bothered by fillings or needles at all. I have given birth to 11 lb baby. Don't worry about it because others have told you horror stories, once the needle has gone in (short sharp sting) you feel nothing apart from a little moving around. If for some reason you do feel something, just say. And they can always give you more numbness. I would say the worse thing about having fillings has to be... the wearing off period- i feel grotty!!

Ms Minger
I think the fear of it is far worse than the reality.

The injection stings for a bit rather than hurts and I would say that's the worst part.

The sound of the drill is not pleasant (bit like nails on a blackboard) and you can feel it vibrating, but that's not worse than an electric toothbrush.

A simple filling is no big deal, I promise. Just make sure you take VERY good care of your teeth - it's when you start having to have root canal and extractions that things get really unpleasant.

mr bigs
Rating
I hope you are getting a white one-

Rozwell
nothing to fear
you will feel a slight sensation when he/she insterts the needle into your gum but as the above have said, its worth it!
You may also feel discomfort when he drills the tooth but only for a second. Be brave, it wont kill you. You will walk out saying "that was nothing"
Though its annoying when your mouth swells up afterwards!

bluey
Ive had fillings with injection and also without, definitely best without. didn't hurt at all, dentist always says if it hurts let me know and i will stop. drill not very loud. the injection hurts a bit. when you don't have it don't have any of that horrible feeling afterwards, when your mouth feels enormous and you cant even drink properly. be brave.

lozzie
Don't worry it isn't that bad. I had my first when I was seven (14 years ago) and have had 7 more since. Before the injection is given a small blob of numbing gel is appied to the gum so when the needle is inserted you won't feel it, as the anesthetic is injected you will feel a bit of pressure and a slight stinging sensation which lasts 5-10 seconds. Once youare good and numb the decay is drilled out, the drill is a bit noisy, like an electric tootbrush only it goes a lot fast and makes more of a whirring noise. Once the decay is out the fillinf material will be put in and smoothed down. You will be asked to bite doen severla times to make sure it fits nice and snuggly with your top teeth and that there are no sharp edges. Next a blue light his held in place for 30 seconds to harden the material and that's it. The anesthetic will make your mouth feel big and it will be difficult to eat and drink so wait at least half an hour before attemting to do that. You will probably be numb for an hour or two but massaging the are does help.

The denist will check in with every few minutes to make sure you are ok and not feeling anything. If you do feel anything raise a hand and stop him and he will injection some more anesthetic. If you need to rest your mouth again rasie a hand and they will be more that happy to stop and let you have a rest.

Good Luck, Be Brave

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy