Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Smoking Pot?
Hi im 16 and i had a bad experience about 3 years ago smoking pot. I freaked out and thought i was going to die when i was high for the firdst time. i havent smoked since. do you think i should try ...

What does it mean when you use the bathroom and it burns when you pee and sometimes bleed?
burns and bleed when you ...

Aside from smoking,what habit do u hate?

How do you prevent getting colds and coughs?

Homework help ! right answer eartn 10 pts !?
Sysmptoms of arrhythmia are

a - vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness

b - fatigue. dizziness, lightheadness, faiting

c - palpitation, accelerated, puse, vomiting

d ...

Please don't die?

Smoke Smell In Car?
I smoked in my car earlier this morning and I just found out that I have to take my mom somewhere tomorrow. What can I do to prevent her from finding out that I was smoking in my car? Will the smell ...

How do I deal with sinus headaches?
Lately, I would wake up with sinus headaches and pressure around the eyes and cheeks in the morning. Then sometimes I'll sneeze a lot lately and get a funny feeling in my throat and I'll ...

Help! My famiy has a cold or flu (IDK), and I can't catch it or else I'll have to go to the hospital. How do
you keep from catching someone elses cold?

I have asthma and everytime i catch a cold/flu, i end up staying in the hospital for 3-4 days.......

I have a soar throat?
I have had it for one week now...when should I seek medical help, if at all? I can't stop coughing all night, I wake up coughing at 3am and at 7am coughing and spluttering, when I finally manage ...

Smoking marijuana?
hey, about 2 weeks ago I have smoked as I do everyday and about 30 minutes later I had this terrible pain in my chest. I cudn't breath and it started to get worse. so i got outside to get some ...

People smoke next door and it's affecting my breathing?
i live in an apartment complex that isn't non-smoking, but the person next door, i can smell the smoke in my kitchen, and this crap is bothering my breathing to the point where its affecting my ...

Snorers, how do you put up with them?
I mean, how do you sleep or cope with them at night with those who sleep in the same room as you, snoring really badly..!!...

14 hour car ride with to smokers!!?!?!?
i have major athsma and allergic to ...

Cough question?
Okay so about a week ago I had the flu. runny nose, core thorat, the works. So now my nose is still stuffy and I seem to only cough like crazy at night. During th day i dont cough nearly as much but ...

Why won't this cough go away?
had a cough for a while now and starting to get worried about it symptoms are i'm coughing up greeny/white phlegm in the morning,but during the day i am fine no coughing then at night it seems ...

I have chronic asthma. My co-worker loves to wear perfume & scented lotions. How do I ask her to stop?
She knows this agravates my asthma & seems concerned when I have my attacks (which are getting progressively worse) but doesn't understand perfumed air fresheners are the same as perfumes. H...

What r some ways to stop smoking?

Waking up with dry/sore throat and stuffy nose?
so it really only seems to happen during the winter or cooler months.

but every morning i wake up with this dryish-sore throat, and my nose is stuffy, and it feels like i have something ...

How do i stop my partner from snoring?

Mr.Orange
Will my lungs go back to normal if I quit smoking right now?
Ive been smoking for 4 years. Im about to quit because I want to start Boxing. Will my lungs be able to go back to normal so my stanima will go back up?

hello
Rating
yes your lungs will go back to normal over time. and energy leavels go up within two weeks

Hyde
Rating
Nope. You'll be better off though because your lungs will not get any worse. And I'm sure you will be able to box.

aussie_bobel
yes it takes 7 years but you'll fell great in 3 mounths

XXGRACIEXX
yeah sure

Jason C
Sure dude, will take a while, but its a good decision!

~mormon~gurl~
they wont automatically become healthy.......if thats what you mean........also if you do ......less chance of heat disease, lung cancer and you wont die as soon...!

Shelly
Rating
They say it takes about 5 years for every year of smoking so good luck!!!!!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the good news is they do go back

SAMD010
Absolutely ... Remember that you can still have dirty lungs even if you have never lit up one cigarette in your whole life. Rigorously working out is the best thing for you too. Good luck in the ring. I hope you do well. Take care.

the sweetest JAM
Rating
not really but it will help you prevent early death

Lorenzo Steed
Rating
Yes, usually within 6 months your lungs will heal themselves, give or take depending on how much you smoke, how much your lungs have been affected, how quickly your body is to recover and any other relevant health factors.

beez
Yes, the first years after quitting show the biggest decrease of these risks. And after 10 to 15 years, the ex-smoker is as healthy again as someone who has never smoked. Within several years, the risk of heart and coronary diseases are equal to that of non-smokers. Also, the risk of lung disease decreases relatively quickly. The risk of lung cancer needs 10 to 15 years to decrease to the risk of someone who never smoked. But also in this case the biggest decrease of the risk happens in the first years after quitting.

Blaster
Rating
Yes, go ahead!

webby
Rating
yes good luck

CeReaLBoX86
Rating
You should of never started buddy boy

Prophet 1102
Lungs will heal - stamina is a function of exercise.

Erickandro
Of course !!!
you deserve a better health !

Jamie
Rating
Takes 10 years for your lungs to get back to condition it was in prior to smoking. If you want to quit, start now.

Link
Rating
I was watching opera the other day with Doctor Oz. And It takes about 5 years to turn back to normal. Plus you shouldn't have started :

manushi
yes it will

Mr. R
it'll take some time, but yes they will heal themselves after awhile... good luck with your boxing.

hello :)
i believe that they will become healthy again yes. so do it. good luck

kellyarchhh
it might get better, but never back to normal. either way, you should stop so it doesnt get worse...

good luck!

gia0077
Rating
Yes they will...
Not right away but yes..

Get help and stop killing yourself and others around you.

You can do it!

Eddie
Rating
Just stop and hopefuly they will go back to normal.. or slowly stop liek a pack a day to half a pack.. then slowly decreasing to a stop, it will be easier for you.

Flmaker
The body can heal itself once you started supporting it.

jzzybme
it will take a while, not right away

Juan O
yes...do it

eriqasdad
Rating
it takes a while but it will happen

Rating
Probably not all the way back to normal.

Lusty Lush
Rating
your lungs will heal! Good luck with quitting!

Trotskyite
They will go back to normal, but not completely for a few years, i think.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy