Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Respiratory Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Help! My famiy has a cold or flu (IDK), and I can't catch it or else I'll have to go to the hospital. How do
you keep from catching someone elses cold?

I have asthma and everytime i catch a cold/flu, i end up staying in the hospital for 3-4 days.......

I have a soar throat?
I have had it for one week now...when should I seek medical help, if at all? I can't stop coughing all night, I wake up coughing at 3am and at 7am coughing and spluttering, when I finally manage ...

Smoking marijuana?
hey, about 2 weeks ago I have smoked as I do everyday and about 30 minutes later I had this terrible pain in my chest. I cudn't breath and it started to get worse. so i got outside to get some ...

People smoke next door and it's affecting my breathing?
i live in an apartment complex that isn't non-smoking, but the person next door, i can smell the smoke in my kitchen, and this crap is bothering my breathing to the point where its affecting my ...

Snorers, how do you put up with them?
I mean, how do you sleep or cope with them at night with those who sleep in the same room as you, snoring really badly..!!...

14 hour car ride with to smokers!!?!?!?
i have major athsma and allergic to ...

Cough question?
Okay so about a week ago I had the flu. runny nose, core thorat, the works. So now my nose is still stuffy and I seem to only cough like crazy at night. During th day i dont cough nearly as much but ...

Why won't this cough go away?
had a cough for a while now and starting to get worried about it symptoms are i'm coughing up greeny/white phlegm in the morning,but during the day i am fine no coughing then at night it seems ...

I have chronic asthma. My co-worker loves to wear perfume & scented lotions. How do I ask her to stop?
She knows this agravates my asthma & seems concerned when I have my attacks (which are getting progressively worse) but doesn't understand perfumed air fresheners are the same as perfumes. H...

What r some ways to stop smoking?

Waking up with dry/sore throat and stuffy nose?
so it really only seems to happen during the winter or cooler months.

but every morning i wake up with this dryish-sore throat, and my nose is stuffy, and it feels like i have something ...

How do i stop my partner from snoring?

Why cant you smoke in a hospital?
can you not smoke in a hospital because youll blow something up or just because they say you cant for the other patients?
Additional Details

I'm having an asthma attack and all I need is an albuteral inhaler and I'll be fine but no stores are open...
Is it overly dramatic to go to the ER?...

Waht is a TB test?
i had a shot in school today. and it is still red. will it be still red for a while?...

Why do symptoms of the common cold seem to get worse at night?

Additional Details
This question may go to vote because i have a lot of very good
answers....

Wat are the symptoms of anxiety attacks?

My son and his asthma???
how many asthma attacks are too many that i would need to take him to the Emergency Room he is 19 mths ??...

What is Ulcerative Colitis ØŸ!ØŸ!?
please help me !!
what is Ulcerative Colitis ØŸ!ØŸ!...

How to get rid of cough ??
I have a lot of cough in my throats & lungs. It keeps on increasing & decreasing but remains in all seasons. I want to completely get rid of it because it makes my voice unclear & ...

Matt P
Can u still smoke if you have a partially collapsed lung?

christopher.troup@btinternet.com
Rating
I knew a lady who took up smoking AFTER losing a lung so I suppose it is perfectly feasible for you to smoke with your condition. She died at the age of 56 of breast cancer. This may or may not have been related to her smoking but I cannot believe the quality of her life was not affected by it. As in your case I would have to say for the sake of your family, your friends and your own health DON'T DO IT.

Jewel J
If you can breathe then you can smoke, but it isn't recommended.

Sal*UK
Yes, buts its incredibly stupid.

kd baby
sure if you want to kill yourself

DARREN A
And just why the hell would you want to? Some people just can't take a warning.

CK
Rating
sure if you wanna die... no offense. I smoke too but geez that would be just ridiculous

devonian2001
You could I guess. You would however be very foolish to do so if you value your health.

oohermissus
Rating
Of course you can. Carry on puffing on your cigarettes until your lung is completely collapsed.

fool.

Wasila
No. Smoking will kill you, even if you are the healthiest man alive. Your body can fix itself, so stop before it's too late.

dixibellxxx
Rating
i think you probably deep down already know the answer but don't want it to be right!! you should not smoke if you have a partially collapsed lung the last thing you should do is smoke!! sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.but they say you have to be cruel to be kind so i just have.good luck with not smoking xx

Crystal Babes
Yes yuu can but yuu can die proper quick from it my cousin did :( so please dont unless yuu have a death wish

Soni89
Rating
Why would you still want to smoke which a partially collapsed lung is the real question, I think its a sign that its time to quit the smoking for good ..... Good luck x

:) Lucy (:
If you want to screw yourself up more, go for it!

hotdude
Rating
dont do it...

cherrys
well you can but you'll be digging your own grave.It would be immensely advisatory for you not to it you want to live.

rylee.xo
Rating
why the hell would you want to ?!?!
your partially collapsed lung is probably because of smoking !!
wow, if you keep smoking after that injury, your really really messed up

White Sox Dont Hate Appreciate!!
Rating
I'M A SMOKER AND I'M TRYING TO QUIT I WOULD NOT SAY THAT ITS A GOOD IDEA.ESPECIALLY IN YOUR CASE GIVE YOURSELF MORE YEARS OF LIFE AND QUIT!!!!!!!SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LUNG AND GOOD LUCK IN YOUR DECISION BELIEVE ME I KNOW ITS HARD TO QUIT.....

§♫♪‹(•¿•)›☼»-(¯`v´¯)-»\\
Rating
I've had a partially collapsed lung. Smoking never crossed my mind. All I could think about was breathing again.

Bad idea... Joe Camel!

J L
Rating
cannot see it quite personally me self will you please pack it in ? pack what in ? I'll crack the jokes thank you.

sure then ya die

BLUEJAY57
Rating
call the undertaker, cause the uppertaker is about to call

storme1975
likely yes, but I'd have to concur it's a stupid idea. Your lungs are already compromised without currently smoking, why put yourself more at risk of lung and even heart failure just for a puff of a darn cigarette.

Eve
Rating
Since smoking and second-hand smoke does damage to healthy lungs, I wouldn't continue smoking with a collapsed lung.

Dyan K
Rating
Yea If Your Really Dumb Or a Blond

louisie
I wouldnt do it if I were you!

Marv
i dont think that would be a good idea... you dont have the normal lung capacity and smoking will only make it smaller.. so you'll breath harder and get tired faster... also die faster... so no.. dont do it

cj
Rating
You would be really silly to even think about smoking.
I had a really bad asmatic attack. My gp wanted to put me in hospital. This so frightened me that i stopped smoking, it's 5 weeks today since i last smoked.
I am lucky i was given another chance, please don't damage your health further by smoking.

taxed till i die,
Best not to.

waia2000
what a horrible example of a deadly addiction

Nutter
yeah, why not, ur fuked anyway

Rachel
Rating
Yeah, bad idea though.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, March 23, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy