Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

New prescription: transition lenses or antiglare?
I'm nearsighted and need a new pair of glasses. The store recommended I get my glasses with transition lenses AND antiglare coating. However, I'm on a budget and with either option costing ...

Eye laser surgery?
can insurance cover for eye laser suergery and even got an astigmastism, or is it a cosmetic surgery?...

Help! I have problem with eyes. I woke up and see blinding flashbacks?
it feels like I was looking at flickering pictures. I still see but it makes harder to read text and see things around corner. IT happened once before and it is now happening again and it lasts ...

Contact lens wear?
Eyes keep drying out. Currently wearing specsavers monthly toric (astigmastism) lenses.

Is there another type or brand of lens that will lock in the moisture of my eyes?

I'...

How do doctors know what makes us sick?
If giving an answer it must be at least 6 complete sentences long. Thanks!...

Colored Contacts?
Can wearing a colored contact lenses (without lens, like in eyeglasses) make you blind? I wanna have hazel-colored eyes, not silver or gray....

Do i have Pink eye?
It's been a week,I called my friend and samething is happening ot her.So im like " My eyes are all crusty and glued shut when i wakeup.. From the eyegoo thing.. And allot of eye goo comes ...

What can you do to glasses frames that you want to get rid of?
I have these frames that I don't enjoy on my face, and I just bought them. I don't know what to do with the frames only....

Eye pain? Eye infection, or something else? Please help!?
Last week, one of my eyes began to itch and water. I left it alone, thinking it could be an eye infection and that I would go in to the doctor if it got worse. The itching and watering lasted for ...

Can contact lenses actually correct vision?
My eye-glasses number is really high for my age (im only 15 and my number is -7.75). and i have a need to change my glasses and number every 6-12 months. At this rate, im afraid that my eye ball will ...

My glasses are Anti-Glare (Anti-reflection)..for only about three weeks?!?
My glasses are about three weeks old, it has anti-reflection coating. The first three weeks were fine until last week I use the spray for the first time (spray was given by where I bought the glasses ...

My Optician diagnosed me with allergy-sore eye's-however this morn I woke up with sticky pus.....?
I have been using allergy eye drops (Sodium Cromoglicate 2.0%) as advised since the 30th April. My Optician suggested I went without contacts for a week and then introduce them into my eye for 10 ...

Name of eye doctor?
what's another for an eye doctor without it being an ophthalmologist?...

I have a bad cold, with stuff leaking from my eye, can I wear my contacts? I hate glasses!?
One eye is really bloodshot and watery, and somethings green gooey stuff comes out. Can I wear my contacts, or should I throw out the pair I was wearing and wait until my eye calms down? Thanks!
<...

What will happen to your eyes after sun exposure?
Will the eye colour change?

Or will you gone blind?...

I just got contacts and..?
i know how to put them in and take them out and everything like that.
my eyes are smaller than other peoples. and when i try putting them in my eyes get all "flickery" like my eyes ...

Contact Lens Solution?
What's the best all in one solution for acuvue oasys?...

What color would you consider my eye?
color to be, If some people say I have brown eyes and other people say I have Green eyes, Depending on the light that I'm in?...

Eye Help PLZ?
It's a weird topic, but i see black fuzzy things. They look like just like a model of the bacteria strep. It doesn't bother me, but when i look around it, i can see the things moving. I can ...

Staring at computer screens too much is making my eyes really tired and stressed?
No, I'm not a gamer or anything, just have a LOT of work to do each day that involves staring at my laptop screen.
As a result, my eyes get really sore and stressed, really tired. How can I...

disney247
Is this too long to wear contacts?
I wear contacts about 17 hours a day. I have frequency 55 aspheric lenses. I am going to they eye doctor this week and I was wondering if he would be able to tell how much I wear them. I wear them everyday from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I don't have glasses so I don't wear those. Is it bad that I wear them this much? Do you think he will be able to tell?

Brandon L
Rating
no lol i wear my contacts for like 4 months straight without taking them off when i sleep or anything and i dont have a problem,when i go to the doctor they have no clue how long i have been wearing them. So dont worry.

*Being Me*
Rating
You are only suppose to wear contacts for 8 hrs. Max. You also need to give fresh air to your eyes. So get some glasses. Yes the doctor has all the answers. Didn't your doctor tell you how long to wear'em for when got'em? Plus it depends on the brand there are certain brands you can wear for longer period of time such as Night and Day which you can even sleep in.

I hope this helps, and don't wear your contacts too long

seenotes
Rating
the EYES dont lie. You should be wearing your contacts no more than 10 hrs a day MAX.

Vineda
Rating
Please don't do this to yourself. If you wear them so many hours a day now, than later on in life (i'm not sure how old you are now) but when you're much older they will be much harder and painful to wear. It's all about prolonging the time you'll be able to wear them. Wearing them too much deprives your eyes of oxygen. Now it's alright, but you'll begin to feel it years down the track. So for yourself, listen to me and take out your contacts at about 7 or 8 at night. Of course, if you have to go out or something it's alright, but on a general basis... think of the future.

future OD 09
Rating
As long as you throw them away as you are supposed to, I don't think that wearing them 17 hours per day is that terrible (it's not that good either though). Oh course, it is better to give your eyes a break every once and a while. You really should have a pair of back-up glasses though (for an emergency). It is hard to tell if this is too much time for you to wear them without seeing your eyes though. Your optometrist will be able to tell if you are wearing them too much because of neovascularization (vessels will grow onto your cornea if your eyes aren't getting enough oxygen). If there isn't enough oxygen getting to your eyes, you may want to ask about extended wear contacts (ie. Night and Day, Purevision, etc). Just be honest with your eye doctor...(s)he will tell you what they are seeing and what should be done about it, if needed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy