Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

My glasses are Anti-Glare (Anti-reflection)..for only about three weeks?!?
My glasses are about three weeks old, it has anti-reflection coating. The first three weeks were fine until last week I use the spray for the first time (spray was given by where I bought the glasses ...

My Optician diagnosed me with allergy-sore eye's-however this morn I woke up with sticky pus.....?
I have been using allergy eye drops (Sodium Cromoglicate 2.0%) as advised since the 30th April. My Optician suggested I went without contacts for a week and then introduce them into my eye for 10 ...

Name of eye doctor?
what's another for an eye doctor without it being an ophthalmologist?...

I have a bad cold, with stuff leaking from my eye, can I wear my contacts? I hate glasses!?
One eye is really bloodshot and watery, and somethings green gooey stuff comes out. Can I wear my contacts, or should I throw out the pair I was wearing and wait until my eye calms down? Thanks!
<...

What will happen to your eyes after sun exposure?
Will the eye colour change?

Or will you gone blind?...

I just got contacts and..?
i know how to put them in and take them out and everything like that.
my eyes are smaller than other peoples. and when i try putting them in my eyes get all "flickery" like my eyes ...

Contact Lens Solution?
What's the best all in one solution for acuvue oasys?...

What color would you consider my eye?
color to be, If some people say I have brown eyes and other people say I have Green eyes, Depending on the light that I'm in?...

Eye Help PLZ?
It's a weird topic, but i see black fuzzy things. They look like just like a model of the bacteria strep. It doesn't bother me, but when i look around it, i can see the things moving. I can ...

Staring at computer screens too much is making my eyes really tired and stressed?
No, I'm not a gamer or anything, just have a LOT of work to do each day that involves staring at my laptop screen.
As a result, my eyes get really sore and stressed, really tired. How can I...

How much do colored eye contacts cost?
I have 20/20 vision but I want to change the color of my ...

My eyes are itching me?
my eyes are itching me and hurting why is that. and what should i do to stop ...

My eyes are blue ish green does that mean that i have hazel eyes?

Eye help please?
I get a glare coming out of lights. The T.V., Comp., and even street lights and lights around the house. I am only 15 years old.

I usualy stay on the computer from around 4 to 7 on the ...

Can i still get glasses even though my eyes arent that bad?
my vision is getting worse but i dont think its that bad but will they still give me glasses, because my eyes are really hurting.
sometimes i just have to close them because they are bugging ...

I enjoy wearing contacts more than my glasses but I have a major problem with my contacts getting really dry??
I've tried different brands of disposable contacts and my eyes still get really dried out and I've tried visine made for contacts. Are there any other options???...

I Just got my contacts, and I need help?
I put them in twice at the contacts place, but I can't get them in again. Any suggestions?????????...

Ive had my right eye twitch now for the past two weeks.....help!!!?
does any one know what causes this and how i can make it stop? it doesn't hurt, but it is extremely irratating and distracting me at work....
blinking makes it worse..... im so frustrated!!!...

Is there anything I should know when I get contacts?
any concerns.......or something?????...

Should I remove my contact lens when I jog or during workout?
I had no idea about this, so just wanted to verify....

J. D.27
Does correcting your vision with glasses or contacts make your vision worse?
I have a slight prescription for glasses at -1.0. If I wear my glasses for a while, and them take them off my vision seems more blurry than if I never put them on. It almost seems as though by using corrective lenses, my vision gets worse. What's going on here?

Spectacle
Rating
No, it does not make it worse. Your brain likes to see 20/20 so after getting a taste of it, you want to see well. It does not get worse, it is the same, your brain just wants to see well.

jennyt1452
If you don't wear anything, your eyesight will be worse from straining, that I'm sure of.

Why it always seems blurry after you take off your glasses/contacts, I'm not positive, but i think your eye just gets used to having that extra help from the contacts. If you left them off for a while, it wouldn't be quite as blurry, but you'd be straining yourself

foxtraveller
Rating
I have had to wear glasses for years for close drawing work, they do relax your eyes, but I'm sure that over the years they do make your eyes worse.

Footprintz
Rating
No, wearing your glasses or contacts won't make your vision worse. All the lenses do is focus the light where it should be.

That same light is entering your eye either way, just not focusing where it should so you don't see as clearly.

Your vision seems worse when you take them off because you are going from clear vision back to the uncorrected state, so it takes a while. That doesn't mean your vision is getting worse....you just notice the difference more.

geek_girl
It only seems that way because your eyes were previously used to straining a lot. Over time. . . well, it's just not a good thing for those poor muscles to always be fighting a losing battle to focus the light coming in properly. If you let the glasses do some of the work that your eyes weren't really able to handle properly, they get used to not working so hard, and then they're used to only working as hard as someone's with 20/20 vision is. Maybe that makes it seem like your vision is getting worse, but what's really going on is that the overload in focusing is getting redirected to your glasses. Your eyes are just saying "thank you" when things afterward look fuzzy without glasses!
It seems to take a little while for everything to get used to NOT having to work so hard to see. I've actually had my eyes focus wrong for a second or two for the first several minutes after I'm looking through a new prescription. . . but then it clears up.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy