Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Colored Contacts?
Can wearing a colored contact lenses (without lens, like in eyeglasses) make you blind? I wanna have hazel-colored eyes, not silver or gray....

Do i have Pink eye?
It's been a week,I called my friend and samething is happening ot her.So im like " My eyes are all crusty and glued shut when i wakeup.. From the eyegoo thing.. And allot of eye goo comes ...

What can you do to glasses frames that you want to get rid of?
I have these frames that I don't enjoy on my face, and I just bought them. I don't know what to do with the frames only....

Eye pain? Eye infection, or something else? Please help!?
Last week, one of my eyes began to itch and water. I left it alone, thinking it could be an eye infection and that I would go in to the doctor if it got worse. The itching and watering lasted for ...

Can contact lenses actually correct vision?
My eye-glasses number is really high for my age (im only 15 and my number is -7.75). and i have a need to change my glasses and number every 6-12 months. At this rate, im afraid that my eye ball will ...

My glasses are Anti-Glare (Anti-reflection)..for only about three weeks?!?
My glasses are about three weeks old, it has anti-reflection coating. The first three weeks were fine until last week I use the spray for the first time (spray was given by where I bought the glasses ...

My Optician diagnosed me with allergy-sore eye's-however this morn I woke up with sticky pus.....?
I have been using allergy eye drops (Sodium Cromoglicate 2.0%) as advised since the 30th April. My Optician suggested I went without contacts for a week and then introduce them into my eye for 10 ...

Name of eye doctor?
what's another for an eye doctor without it being an ophthalmologist?...

I have a bad cold, with stuff leaking from my eye, can I wear my contacts? I hate glasses!?
One eye is really bloodshot and watery, and somethings green gooey stuff comes out. Can I wear my contacts, or should I throw out the pair I was wearing and wait until my eye calms down? Thanks!
<...

What will happen to your eyes after sun exposure?
Will the eye colour change?

Or will you gone blind?...

I just got contacts and..?
i know how to put them in and take them out and everything like that.
my eyes are smaller than other peoples. and when i try putting them in my eyes get all "flickery" like my eyes ...

Contact Lens Solution?
What's the best all in one solution for acuvue oasys?...

What color would you consider my eye?
color to be, If some people say I have brown eyes and other people say I have Green eyes, Depending on the light that I'm in?...

Eye Help PLZ?
It's a weird topic, but i see black fuzzy things. They look like just like a model of the bacteria strep. It doesn't bother me, but when i look around it, i can see the things moving. I can ...

Staring at computer screens too much is making my eyes really tired and stressed?
No, I'm not a gamer or anything, just have a LOT of work to do each day that involves staring at my laptop screen.
As a result, my eyes get really sore and stressed, really tired. How can I...

How much do colored eye contacts cost?
I have 20/20 vision but I want to change the color of my ...

My eyes are itching me?
my eyes are itching me and hurting why is that. and what should i do to stop ...

My eyes are blue ish green does that mean that i have hazel eyes?

Eye help please?
I get a glare coming out of lights. The T.V., Comp., and even street lights and lights around the house. I am only 15 years old.

I usualy stay on the computer from around 4 to 7 on the ...

Can i still get glasses even though my eyes arent that bad?
my vision is getting worse but i dont think its that bad but will they still give me glasses, because my eyes are really hurting.
sometimes i just have to close them because they are bugging ...

hitomi
A few questions about color contacts?
ok
1) do they come in unique colors like red, blind looking, purple etc.?

2) ive heard rumors about them making you go blind. is this true?

3) how old do you have to be to be able to wear them?

4) how expensive are them?

thx for answering ^.^
Additional Details
for those who are telling me to ask my eye doctor... i dont have a specific one... ive been to many different ones depending on whether we can get a meeting or the cost.

tomorjerry
Today just about everyone can wear contact lenses, and there are more healthful and convenient contact lens options than ever before. The cost of the contacts really depends on what kind of contact are you getting, like monthly, daily or fortnightly.The most expensive would be daily and the cheapest is monthly. For all details, information and remedies about contacts check out http://use-contactlens.blogspot.com/

Whip
in order; 4312

jen1592
yes online you can find them in unique colors and you can probably ask ur doctor about having unique ones too.

and no they shouldnt make you go blind because they are like any other contact.

old enough to wear contacts.

and they are a bit more expensive than regular contacts because they are made different.

but if you want to know more why not just ask your eye doctor they are more than willing to help its not like they are going to chop off your head if you ask a simple question.

J Stang
Yes, they do come in odd colors like that...a couple brands are Wild Eyes and Crazy Eyes. Then you have the ordinary color brands, like Freshlook and Acuvue Colours, etc.

Any contacts can make you go blind if they are not fitted properly for you, or if you don't take good care of them (clean them well and store them as directed). But they are just as safe as regular clear contacts if you take good care of them, and they are fitted for your eyes.

There isn't really any specific age...just if you're a minor, your parents have to accompany you to the eye doctor, to get the exam and your prescription.

Colored contacts range anywhere from $20 a pair for the crazy ones, up into the $100s, depending on what brand you get.

It is definitely best to see the eye doctor though, so that you can be fitted for the contacts. Not everyone has the same pupil size, so there isn't really a "one size fits all" when it comes to contacts. Contacts that aren't the right size for you can cause discomfort, eye infections, and in some serious cases blindness as you mentioned. You don't have to have an eye doctor that you use all the time necessarily...you can go to any eye doctor to have an exam and fitting. But it's best to stick with one eye doctor if you have a history of eye problems; they know you best and in cases like that it's best to choose one and stick with them.

Heather R
Rating
In order.... 1) they do come in unique colors and patterns such as flames, cat eyes, white-outs, etc. 2) You can develop eye problems with any contacts if you do not take them out and clean them as you are supposed to. 3) You can be any age to wear them as long as your parents take you to the contact lens fitting if you are young. 4) The cost varies. You have to pay for the eye exam and the contact lens fitting (usually about $120- $150 together, and then for the lenses themselves. They can cost $20 a box to $200 a box depending on the type of lens and you prescription (the size and curve of your eye and if you have astigmatsim).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy