Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What happens if you don't blink for long periods of time?
I assume your eyes dry up but does the drying up cause any immediate or lasting damage?
I'm not planning on trying this out by the way. I like my eyes too much....

Contact lenses feel funny?
I'm pretty new to wearing contacts. But I love them very much (aside from the part of taking forever to put them in...*sigh*

Anyway, the last couple days, the lenses feel kind of ...

Laser Eye Treatment?
Has anyone on here ever had laser eye treatment and if so did it work and what was it like?

Thanks to those who answer x x x.
Additional Details
Lori, does it really matter? I ...

How long does Walmart take to give you ur contacts right after your appointment????
AND HOW LONG DOES PEARL VISION?????? I WANT TO GET MY CONTACTS THE VERY SAME DAY!!!!!!! IM DESPERATE!!!! I HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

At what age did you start needing reading glasses?
How did you first start noticing that you needed reading glasses?

And did glasses from 99 cent store work until it got worse?

I am in my 30s so I am getting nervous about it....

My Contacts and eyes getting worse!?
Somewhere i read that if you wear contacts, that it doesnt affect your eye vision. It keeps your vision the same. But that if you wear glasses, it just keeps making your eyesight worse. Don't ...

chaste_hermione
Staring at computer screens too much is making my eyes really tired and stressed?
No, I'm not a gamer or anything, just have a LOT of work to do each day that involves staring at my laptop screen.
As a result, my eyes get really sore and stressed, really tired. How can I...I don't know, make them better? Avoid stressing them in the first place while still doing computer work? Any suggestions?
(I don't know if it makes a difference, but I wear contacts.)

Vicki D
Rating
can you adjust the screen contrast and brightness to a level that is more comfortable for you? It may also help to increase the size of the document or font that you are reading.

If you decide to use the computer with glasses, be sure that they have a non-reflective coating. This helps a lot.

mrsdenali
i wear contacts, and i find that staring at a computer screen is much more bearable when i am wearing glasses instead. when wearing contacts, you need to blink to keep the lenses sticking to your eye. when you stare at a computer, you blink less, your contacts dry out a bit, and your eyes get irritated! if you do find your eyes irritated, try to sit back and keep the CLOSED for a while so your eyes can hydrate. good luck!

john e
Rating
I agree with Dr. Yagman.

freed
Rating
Get rewetting eye drops for contact lenses and keep it by your computer. Train yourself to put some in your eyes as often as possible/necessary.

We tend to blink less frequently when viewing computer monitors, so contacts tend to dry out easier. Dry lenses cause fatigue, etc.

I used to keep my eye drops right on top of my monitor as a reminder. It seems like a bother but it's quite refreshing, and also gives you time to stretch your arms and wrists.

yagman
Rating
As your other answerer stated you may be having problems with dryness. But, another very common problem is a condition called computer fatigue syndrome. When you focus on a computer for prolonged periods of time you are stimulating the ciliary muscle (focusing muscle) inside the eye constantly which can lead to fatigue.

Would you have any problem holding a 5 pound weight in your hand straight out to the side of your body for 5 seconds? Of couse not. But if you tried to hold it there for 5 minutes now that's a problem. Constant innervation of a muscle, even though not much effort is required, can cause fatigue over a more prolonged period of time. If this is the problem then you may respond well to a pair of glasses designed to be worn over your contact lenses that decrease the amount of focusing required when using the computer. By decreasing the focusing demand you are then able to use the computer more comfortably for longer periods of time. Hope this helped.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy