Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Do You Think About Suicide ?
Do you think about suicide on a daily basis ? Are they Idle thoughts of escape or more ?...

What's the quickest way to off yourself?
what i have been doing isn't working or is not fast enough. please help me someone quick and easy. i don't own a gun yet....

What are you addicted to, not necessarily drugs, that you think you can't live without?
For me, it's books. When I run out of books to read I'll read anything. Also, my computer and internet. Just thinking about not having it is terrifying!
Additional Details

My best best best friend died. Please read.?
I'm 13. I've been best friends with this girl since I was 8 years old. On March 5th, my best friend died suddenly. She was just 15. How can I move on with my life. Because I know she doesn&#...

How much longer do i have to live by my parents rules??

Is cutting yourself really that bad???
ive been doing it for 5 years now...and i dont see the harm in ...

I have a very strange, kind of sick secret. is this realy a bad thing?
I have been thin all my life. I am very attractive. But then I had kids and put on a lot of wieght. I am fat and unattractive now. But here is the wierd sick thing. I secretly like being fat. sure I ...

I am ready to kill myself?
i constantly get made fun of. i get called fat i get called ugly and i don't even know what happy really is anymore. people call me fat to my face and i don't know what to say back. my &...

If you punch an arm or leg hard enough, could it break?
Or would it just leave a bad bruise?...

What do you miss about your childhood?
I miss all my legos......

What's the secret of happiness?
Serious answers please - I have suffered on and off with depression all my life, and never seem to able to enjoy my life and be happy with what I've got. How does everyone else manage it?...

I'm 19 and I still watch Telitubies.What is wrong with me?
I dont have children....

Why can't i stop skipping classes?
i just dont care about school anymore. i know when i dont go to class i'm going to get caught but i still do it. some times i just end up comming for one period. my mum knows i do it, and she ...

What or who made you laugh this week?

Additional Details
I love Extras with Ricky Gervais, he makes me laugh out ...

14 and depressed?
For probably a 2-3 years I have been feeling increasingly depressed. There has been no trigger for the depression to start, nothing bad has happened to me, and yet I feel so unhappy. My depression ...

Have you ever had the kind of day where you want to stay inside the house and not face the world at all?

I Need to Die?
I tried ti kill myself months ago with out sucess. This time I plan to go to work on Monday and then when I finish work on monday stay in a B&B and then on tuesday I'm on a course and when I...

Your opinions on suicide?
Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Was it a real and failed attempt or a cry for help? And do you get p****d off with people who say it's selfish? (For those who dont know it is ...

Am i crazy?
i talk to myself. i dont do any thing bad. i'm depressed and hate life. i've had eating disorders. i cant trust any one. thats why i'm asking you, cause you dont know who i really am....

I am 5'7, and I have no confidence in myself because I am too tall...what do I do to feel good about myself
When I am around my friends I feel weird cause I am the tallest one there, and I dont feel comfertable around them. I am so worried, what can I do??
Additional Details

Joshyrocksvegas
Can anyone tell me a good reason to stay alive?
A really good reason, explain please....
Additional Details
I dont give a damn who cares or not, just give me a reason...

kessie
Everything that lives, dies and death is forever. You can always end your life so why not hang around a bit more to see if it gets better? If you've ever had someone you love die, you've learned to appreciate every second of life as a gift - a treasure. Death is infinite and we'll all get there eventually - I view death as my last great adventure - but in the meantime, I've learned to enjoy and appreciate every moment I have because it just might be my last. Why not wait around a bit and see how your life plays out? We both know you can pull the plug anytime you want to - life is just not that serious.

jbelljarnet
Whatever you are going through to make you feel this way, just remember: nothing stays the same. Give it time and you will see.

thumba
Rating
Yes, I can.
You are important.
You are the only you.
Your life is a magical gift.
You are automatically a part of me and the others who have answered your question.
A meeting like this just can not be erased.
Have a nice day.

St teresa de Avila
I wish I could tell you something that would help you change your mind, but no matter what you read here it will not really give Y O U a reason. I think a good place to start is to think about your purpose for living. Sometimes if we have no purpose we have no drive. Whatever has happened in your life happened for a reason. And because we are only simple human being we cant always make sense of it all. I hope you have someone who will listen to you and help you sort things out. I for one would like for you to write again and let everyone know how you got past this feeling. As you can see, it appears a lot of others feel as you do. So maybe just to help those .....write again .

Anniej
Because killing your self is the most selfish thing you can do.
I can tell you are really hurting inside. Well take that hurt and multiply that by 100 or more. If you kill yourself then your mother and father and any siblings you have will feel the multiplied pain. They will feel guilty like they should have done something to help you, your Mom especially with blame herself. I am a mother and I honestly do not know what I would do if one of my "babies" (they are grown with wives of their own) would hurt themselves and not have come to me first.
I know it is hard but if for no other reason live for your Mom.
Besides the fact, your life is not your own to take. Jesus Christ died on the cross and Bought you with his blood. You belong to God. So you will be commiting murder.
I know you hurt, I understand that. but my advise to you, is talk to your mom or dad if you prefer and tell them what is going on with you. Don't hurt alone.

idancebetter ♥
Rating
Oh Josh, you know how many people care about and want you here, you are really sweet, and you REALLY need to calm down, OK? I don't know who wouldn't like you! And plenty of girls would want to be with you, I know it! And what exactly is the reason you don't want to stay alive? I know life can be hard sometimes, I've had those days where I cry myself to sleep. I think about how crazy my life is compared to everyone else's, because I know none of my friends have a life a life like mine. I remember the worst day of my life, I was 8... yeah I won't get into that...But there are so many people I love and I would never think of leaving this earth because of them. I know I am still young and I have a life to live when I grow older, I have plans and ambitions, I want to be some body, I want to do something with my life. I aim for the future. You are only 15, you get to drive next year! How fun! I hope everything turns out well for you. I'll miss you if your gone. *hug* And, God, if this is about a Girl, or girls, its not worth it Josh. If its something else, no matter WHAT it is, its not worth it. Please, don't, Josh. Whatever you do, stay alive. Whatever you are going though isn't going to last *forever*

Come on Josh, we'll make it through together "There's No Stoppin' Us" =) "And I'll be here all night, I'll pick up the pieces and I put them back together" "And if you were with me tonight, I'd sing to you just one more time. A song for a heart so big"

"Easily with me I feel as fast as I can see...Afraid of the horror stories I fall down on my knees."

"There's fear in the truth at hand, frozen I forgot to understand
The live keep living; growing older more into a man... "

"And he knows it time to make a change here And time to get away And he knows it's time for all the wrong reasons And time to end the pain"

"Mouths in line, tears beside and we're gonna weep in between the sleep until we float away into broken promises too much too hard to keep"

"Love... love is not pretending. Time... time was meant for mending Memories into all is satisfactory"

"I'm fighting tides of an ocean's undertow And I figure I might not make it And I'm taking empty But seldom keeping And the words retreat breathing histories into stories untold And I unfold."

"Be so happy with the way you are Be so happy that you made it this far Go on be happy now. Please be happy now"

Just some song lyrics.......
But I am ALWAYS here if you need to talk. *smile*
And believe me, I didn't write this for nothing, I care.
You can ask me anything.

answerthis
I know you don't want to hear this but...you really should consider your family and friends that you leave behind and how devastated they would be without you. That alone should convince you to stay around.

I have depression and I have been helped tremendously by my therapist who has helped me through some of my trying moments. I am on medications that help a lot but I realize now that I have goals in life and responsibilities and whatever purpose I have in the grand scheme of life hasn't been achieved yet. You also have goals and responsibilities that you need to complete. I hope this helps. Good luck.

~M loves L~
Rating
because to someone else your not just Josh. you could be josh the friend, son, grandson, hero, etc. it goes on and on. you have so much to live for. think about all of the things you will never get to do if you die. please, just get some help. tell someone. you are unique in your own special way. honestly, you do not want to do this. it is permanent. Here's a quote that i thing is important to think about:

"everything is better in the end. if its not better, its not the end."

Jane T
Rating
Sit down with a paper and pencil in a quiet place and list the reasons you want to go on living. Take the positive approach.Depression is treatable and an alarming number of people suffer with it. Anti depressants are the most used of any RX frugs. You have to ask for help. Find a good psychiatrist.

Yasmin
Rating
If you feel like you want to end your life because it's worthless and you don't like how anything is going in it.. i would suggest going away to a place where no one knows you, where you can start fresh and be wherever you want to be, do whatever you've always wanted to do, and be whoever you want to be.

swetha
hey JOSH y do u wana die ??? what make u feel like that ...
talk with your self... be positive and then u will get the answer.
there is porpose for every birth on this planet.
u shuold find out the reason not anybody else , first try to
know your self .BE TRUE TO UR SLEF.

Mae W
I dont see why you would want to end your wife, what do you have that is so bad in your life that you want to end it. you may want to speak to someone about the way you feel. Nothing is worth ending your life over at all! If you need someone to talk to let me know.

bitsy
I don't know your reason to stay alive but mine would be that no matter how bad things seem at the time, there really is solution for you. Talk with someone about your thoughts and feelings. Someone you can trust. I don't know if you know the saying "I'ts always darkest before the dawn" I think it means there really is light at the end of the tunnel. I have never thought about ending my life but as a social worker, I have known others who have. My heart and soul goes out to you but please hang in there and get help. Maybe find somethings that you can do for others as a way of seeing that things could be so much worse. I'm have no idea what your life is like and I am not presuming it is not painful but I do know there are wonderful human beings out there who will help you. Start with your Doctor who can refer you to the proper place. And most importantly of all, Ask God to help you find your way. He will. My thoughts, heart and prayers are with you . May God Bless You.

SysGoddess
I've had one foot in the grave as recently as a year ago, so freaking ill that I didn't care if I lived or died as long as I stopped suffering. Even when the pain stopped and I was in that sort of limbo where you're not conscious and you're not really unconscious I didn't really care which way things went. It wasn't until I was awake and aware that I wanted to live and to be alive.

We all have to find our own meaning in life and to life, nobody can find it for you. I believe that maybe it's that search for meaning that makes it all worthwhile. Besides, it pisses off your enemies. ;)

♫Warrior Of Time♫
Rating
Because if you don't stay alive...then who would i have to talk to! You are like my little person I talk to when I need help and I can't tell really anyone else because I trust you! And because then I wouldn't have 5 Yahoo Answers buddies I would only have 4....but still stay alive for ME! And you are super sweet...and I still don't know how you can't find a girl...and I don't know how any girl won't want to be with you. There aren't many guys as sweet as you around...sure everyone has those days where they feel like its like the end of the world. Life gets crazy and we all know that. You know how many people care about you? Ok so many people care about...and I am one of them! Sure I may only know you from 360 and answers but ur cool and super nice. And don't try to end it just because you feel like you have no reason to live. Did you know Pete Wentz tried to kill himself? He did...in 2005 he tried to kill himself by over dosing on Ativan. He was in the hospital for like a week. He isn't proud of it and he put it behind him...maybe you have some depression going on. I am always here for you and you know where to find me if you need someone to talk to!

Wait I have another story! Yes I know they may be boring but this one is close to me! My cousin killed himself about 6 years ago. He was depressed, on drugs and married. He wanted out of his marriage but he didn't know what to do. So he felt it was best for him to kill himself. He did and my uncle and aunt were devestated, not to mention my whole family and our customers of our family business. My cousin was someone who you would never think would do something like that but he did. Just think do you want your family to be like my family. Crying for months, not wanting to bury another grandchild because they were foolish. No I am sure they don't. Please listen to me...

CartomartaBrand♥
There is really nothing anybody on here can say that will change your mind if you want to kill yourself that's your problem god puts us all here on earth for a reason whats the reason i don't know but ending your life is not the answer just deal with the situation that's making you feel this way a friend once told me that god chooses you for certain battles because he knows you can handle it good luck

Horse
Rating
Because alive is now. Life is short enough. Dead is forever. Seek help NOW. Look around you. for every bad thing there are 10 good. Ask a terminally ill person for rasons to stay alive. Each one will give you a different, valid reason.

sk8chick4Jesus
Rating
Josh, please calm down...if you seriously feel like you want to die, I don't think this is the best place to look for answers. If you are HONESTLY thinking about off-ing yourself or something, PLEASE get real help. However, since I'm on here, let me just tell you something absolutely no kidding: Jesus loves you no matter what; that's the best reason to stay alive. (Hey, just for the record, I care about you to, even though I don't know you.) PLEASE don't toy with this kind of thing!
I have a friend (amazing guy, he is) who tried to kill himself several times, and he still struggles with those feelings of hopelessness sometimes, but I promise you this: if I had him here now, I know he'd tell you nothing is actually worth killing yourself over, no matter how crappy you feel or whatever. Your life is way too valuable...no matter what your problem is, death isn't where you need to turn to fix it. Suicide is an eternal solution to a temporary problem, dude. If you really truly think you WANT to die, you HAVE to get some help!
Josh, again, I don't know you personally, but I'm begging you, PLEASE don't entertain those kinds of thoughts!
I'll pray for you.

anonevyl
Rating
What makes the alternative more compelling? As human beings it is our nature to live - it is part of cycle of life. Nothing living chooses to die. You won't see a buffalo fling itself off a cliff because its saddened by the loss of its calf to a bunch of hungry wolves.

Humans are unique in that when we have serious mental or emotional issues, one of the ways to get away from the pain is to end our lives. Many survivors of failed suicide attempts, and we're talkin' jumping off the bridge variety, get clarity after about 2 seconds of air time, and realize they made a greivous mistake, because ultimately killing oneself is going against nature.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you are contemplating the alternative to living. Ultimately, the answer to your question is you. You are the reason to live, because how do you know that somewhere down the road you won't be the answer to someone else who asks a question like yours? And maybe by telling them what you learned, they will live too. And you will have saved their life and enriched your own in the process.

yourdreamgirl21
Rating
God has a purpose 4 every1 here. U may not no it, but He's got a great plan 4 ur life. He sent His Son 2 die just 4 U, so u wouldn't b condemed 2 Hell 4 eternity. God luvs u. Embrace ur life, good and bad, i can't really tell u it'll all work out in the end b/c thats btween u and God, but, Man, if u decide 2 live 4 God and except wat He's given u, u'll have a great life. Remember, God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

missmassengill
Rating
Well...

What lies on the other side could be 10 times worse than living on earth....so... you wanna take your chances?

yahooligan
Rating
depression is very very hard to deal with, i know, i go thru it everyday, but taking your life is not the answer...somewhere, sometime things will get better, it may not seem like it now but hang in there, i am sure you have family that loves you dearly,,,no one wants to see anyone suffer....stay alive for me, if you can't think of anything else :).....i wish i could help, good luck to you

Flaming Tresses
Because you are uniquely you.

stitches
cause you'd be hurt more people then just yourself

northernbornsoutherner
Rating
Because death is irreversable.

Belgrademitch
Because Jesus Christ died for your sins and you are no longer condemned to Hell if you accept him

CIUDADANO
Rating
Finding what true Love is about.
Not seeking Love but letting Love find you.
Then you'll realize the magnificence of being alive.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy