Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

Louis S
Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?

glitterbug
yes

Chelmsford♥Reiki
no it tickles ..

obsolete professor
The worst pain that I felt during the procedure was when they stuck the needle in my arm. The doc asked me to count back from 100..I got to 96 and then felt my arm catch on fire..I said "Ouch"..and that's all I remember. I woke up in bed some time later with cotton stuffed in my cheeks (looked like a chipmunk). The doc said I got violent while I was under..but I don't remember a thing. Later on, he told me I swallowed a tooth (when I started thrashing about) and asked me if I bit myself "on the way out". I was sore for a few days and had to make sure food wouldn't pack into my "holes". They gave me a hypo needle to fill with water and squirt into my cavities. I didn't need any pain pills. No regrets.

jeseeme
Rating
When I had it removed, I thought I was going to die!!! OR have my brains pulled out! OUCH!!!!!!

♫♪♫♪Music-is-My Superman♪♫♪♫♪♫:D
Rating
yes
but they should put medicine on it
so you will feel pressure instead of pain

Laith 1988
It hurts alot ! try using a spray (I forgot it's name!) which removes the pain, ask about it in pharmacies

Timmy Bananas
you have nothing to worry about. Typically, they strap you on a gurney, tie up your arms and legs so you won't be able to move much, then they pry your mouth open with a vice grip.

After that, if you are lucky, they will try to lull you sleep by hanging a carrot over your head right in your line of vision. While you are focusing on the carrot like a goofy rabbit, they will start hammering and drilling away after they slice your gums open with their surgical tools.

You may taste a lot of blood at this point. The reason being, you are bleeding idiot! Try not to swallow the blood, this can cause bile poisining in which case, you will surely die.

When it is all said and done, you will probably be crying a lot like a little girl, and then you will feel really weak from all the blood you lost. Your shirt will be stained, but not to worry, they will give you a bib to take home with you.

If you are really lucky, they will give you a nice clove flavored ice cream cone to help ease the pain.

Good Luck!!

Brenda S
when I had mine out all 4 at the same time I was out like a light so I didn't feel a thing...
and yes they prescribed Tylenol 3 Codene.

Digeratist
They definitely give some sort of anesthetic, and you usually have a choice of local, which leaves you wide awake put feeling only pressure and cracking, and no real pain.

Laughing gas is the other option, where you will appear to be awake and alert, but won't recall anything later on. It's good for avoiding the whole experience altogether, but more expensive.

Shel
Rating
When I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled I was put under general anesthetic. They gave me codeine for the pain afterward.

Little Star
im sorry but i dont know- i have to have mine out to and im really not looking forward to it. I had teeth out when i was younger, bcoz my mouth is to small, and they gave me a general anesthetic then, im hoping they will do the same again.

Free Thinker
When I got all 4 of mine removed, they gave me novacaine and a general anesthetic, and then prescribed me Tylenol with Codeine. It didn't really hurt at all, except maybe right after, but I can't remember that very well...lol

htf0606
Rating
most likely they will give anesthetics. not exactly sure what kind of pain killers. i have heard they give like prescription tylenol

"Генерал Я"
not if you get shot before.

Zombie Killer Cat
I was given valium (I may be allergic to GA) and had 4 removed in high school. It did hurt for about 2 days. They gave me codeine, but advil worked better for me... Go figure...

christmas382000
Depends if they have broken the skin if they have i dont think you will get any maybe tylenol 3 if they are being cut out of the bone u may get vicodin, percocet and some people i know got demerol pills

gogogadgetlonglegs
I was "put under" when mine were removed. I was given some kind of pain killer that I don't remember. I never needed it though because I was not in any kind of pain luckily.

Chuck O
Rating
It is diff with each person. Mine didn't hurt that bad. It won't be totally comfortable but you may do very well. They will give you something so you won't feel them removing them. As soon as you get done with the procedure, go get the pain meds they will prescribe. You don't want to wait on it. Don't give the pain time to show up. If you follow the dentist's orders, you will be fine.

phloyd87
Rating
i'm sure painkillers differ w/ different people. it won't hurt at first, then it'll feel a little sore for a couple days. this is one time to actually listen to the doctor when they say to eat soft foods for the first week or so.

poof10958
I had a general when mine were pulled. I don't remember taking any painkillers. either that ment i was pretty dopped up or i didn't need any. If i took anything it was ibuprofin. The pain wasn't even really pain it was more like discomfort for a day or two.

magicpixie
Rating
depends how bad they are. Freezing needle hurts a bit. The extraction doesn't hurt but it's super uncomfortable

UncleBen
No, you'll be under anesthesia, but doctors orders will probably include a pain killer, an anti biotic to fight infection and gargle with a salt water solution for a week to ten days.

Oh one more thing, try to keep from sticking the tip of your tongue in the holes.

Kelly R
Rating
Well, I was put under when they removed mine, so it only hurt afterword. They gave me Vicodin though, for the pain, so it wasn't too bad an experience, other than feeling like a chipmunk. You get to eat lots of ice cream though.

Cat~Lover
Rating
they use laughing gas and an iv so you dont feel a thing. it does hurt afterwards though, just use lots of ice packs

HannaRN
Yes and no. The actual procedure should not be painful if you are properly anesthesized. You will have local anesthetics and you will feel pressure, but if you feel any pain, you need to let your dentist know immediately so they can give your more anesthesia. A dentist should never allow you to feel pain during any dental procedure. After the anesthesia wears off, you will then likely feel discomfort and/or pain. Your dentist will probably prescribe some good pain killers to keep you more comfortable.

maggiesmom
I depends on if they have to take any jaw bone out. I had all 4 of mine out with a general anesthetic and I came through it like a breeze. I had some pain, mostly from my jaw muscles. I only had to take one pain pill and ate a soft dinner that night. The stitches fell out about 3 days later. They will pack your mouth with cotton and you have to keep pressure on those for several hours. Some people get what are called dry sockets, not sure what that is, but there can be some swelling. You should do just fine.

Jim J
Rating
The actual procedure does not hurt at all. Afterwards you will need some pain meds and ice. I was given codeine and Tylenol but the codeine made me sick and I just used Tylenol.

behind these hazel eyes
Rating
getting wisdom teeth removed seems to hurt but if they numb you, you will be fine i would contact your doctor and ask him what medicines will be prescribed before doing the procedure just to make sure of no allergies

mel
Rating
maybe, or local novocaine. of course there will be pain but it's worth it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy