Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!...

If I have a dream about all my teeth falling out; what does it mean?
Will your answer change if there was blood coming from any other orifice?...

How do you skip and chew gum at the same time?

Please help..very very bad toothache?
i have had toothache since saturday so i rang the dentist yesterday,but they couldnt fit me in til today.so ive been taking painkillers,clove oil on it.nothing has even eased the pain.so i went to ...

Baby teeth is it normal at 16?
Hey all my molars and a few other teeth are still baby teeth? is this normal? I was told by the dentist that i wud have them all pulled out....but keeps telling me this..and that i shud have braces ...

Eddie[Is Taken]
If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t194/eamunoz28/05-02-08_2331.jpg i want to know how long i will have it and i want 2 kno if i will look goodwith it or not http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t194/eamunoz28/m_cae3864281dd7df6cd1e3aab0076f68c.jpg

XXXMARIANNAXXX
Rating
probly 2 yrs

Emily
Rating
Wellll good news for you
Mine were 847589473040 times worse
I'm getting mine off in 7 weeks WOOOO!
I've had them for 3 years 0_0
I think you would be lucky to have them for more than a year and a half. Ask the orthodontist. He will have a rough idea on how long he thinks your treatment will go for.

Good Luck, it will be worth it!!

Just a crazy girl
depends, ask your dentist. You usually have them for about 2-4 years.

mischa :)
Rating
probly 2 yrs
ur hot btw lol

wendy.birrd
ask your dentist, silly :P
they usually range from 6 months to 3 years or something like that.

acciokim
from crowding and spaces it should only take around 1 year and a half or so. unless you may have any other dental issues that we can't see in a low quality photobucket picture ;)
all teeth are different, like i've had mine for 5 years. but it doesn't mean you will. it depends on your case of teeth and your orthodontist AND how stubborn your teeth are ;)

ALy
Well it depends on what your teeth are like (the pic you had of your teeth was really blurry) And it depends on how your teeth react to the braces the dentist said I would need my braces for 2 and a half years but I have only had them for 5 months and my teeth are already straight and together so I am getting them off this summer. The only person who can tell you how long you will have them is the dentist and even then you might have them on longer or shorter then the doctor said.

anonymous
Usually braces take about 2 to 2 and a half years to straighten your teeth. Some teeth can take longer to straighten out though. Mine took almost four years, because I didn't get the top and bottom on at the same time and also because my jaw needed to be brought back as well because I had a slight underbite. Once the braces are off though, you have to wear a retainer 24 hours a day for the first year. Then I think you only have to wear it at night. You won't look bad with braces, they just take a little while to get used to your appearance.

Patti G
Rating
2-3 years
and i am a kid and i have had mine for 3 years so far. Good luck...IT HURTS!

CK
Since you're a kid just get braces... most people get them done... depending on your orthodontist it could be between 13-24 months... I had a great orthodontist and I have mine for 13 months... while most of my friends had them for 2 years... The only problem was his method was fast but a little more painful... I didn't mind though. I think you need them you'll be happy that you got them in the future. Talk about it with your dentist.
Oh and if you get braces you'll most likely get a retainer to wear to bed when it's over. Words of wisdom... ALWAYS WEAR YOUR RETAINER.
I didn't wear mine and my teeth shifted a little... not too bad but I felt horrible that I let it happen. Just do it and get it over with it's worth it.
good luck

Drew
A year and half or maybe two. It'll be worth it trust me, my friend wore braces for a year now she had the most perfect smile.

???
Rating
like maybe a year nobody looks good wit braces so yea but ur cute without dem like not smilin

****Its All Bout Mwa****
around 2 years.

no chocolate no lollies!!!!!! arrrr i cant deal with it

Laure
like 1 year maybe
your ortho will tell you

Rodeo Girl
nice pic of your mouth. eww
probably two years if you do it all right

Dan
Rating
Ask your dentist, but from what I see, it should take close to 3 years because you have a major overbite.

Corinne
you look like a person who would have braces.
you would have them on for about 3 or 4 years.
becuase of that big gap you have.
and all of the gaps.

gaps are a major time consumer with braces.
my friend got her braces in 6th grade and shes not getting them off until her junior year.
when i got mine in 6th and i just got them off in 8th.

it just depends on how major your gaps are.
and you have a major one.

Beachlover35
Rating
It depends on the severity of your situation, but your teeth are pretty straight, so maybe a year

skeeterboi
Rating
about 3 to 3 1/2 years

Keep Portland Weird
Rating
It depends on your teeth,
I had them for a few months
u can choose different colors
talk to your orthodontist

joh
Rating
ask the dentist on how long it would be there....
but i guess it'll be a year or two...
i bet it'll look good on you...

=D

ṉïсølε[loves silliman& redbull!]
Rating
Like 2 years about. Go see an orthodontist. They'll give you the consulation appointment for free.

edgar c
i had braces they gave them to me in 7th grade and they got tookin of by the end of 9th grade

Becca
Rating
well maybe 2 years i dont know i had braces and i thought that i would have them forever but i actually only had mine about 11/2 but i didnt ever wear my retainer so my bottom teeth have gone cicked again. so if you get braces make sure to wear your braces.

Nikki
Rating
Hey, you're cute.
But anyway, I think how one looks with braces on for a year is just the little price to have gorgeous straight teeth when they're off.
I'm no orthodontist however, so I don't know how long you'll need them.
Just beware they may tell you a year and a half and throughout the appointments change it to 3 years. :/

zahan f
Rating
3 years

InDeCeNt eXpOsUrE
Rating
I'd say about 1-1 in a half year. I'm not gay so I'm not answering the second.

southern_kisses_44
Depends

troslogoth
Rating
Your teeth has a bit of an overbite. its not that bad. It would take somewhere from 2-3 years. 3 years is usually the maximum because as long as you wear the stuff that the dentist person tells you to, you should be done in a flash.

Greg
probably about 3 or 4 years.

Nunya B
Rating
That picture of your teeth is horrible. From the extreme blurry close up, I'd say you'll have them for about 18 months to two years. My brother had his for only 18 months, I had mine for 5 years. I had a bite problem and too many teeth, he didn't.

As for if you'll look good, well, I don't know anyone that looks better with braces on, but you'll look better once they're off. A great smile is a total turn on, and a snaggle tooth is a deal breaker for me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy